gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Magicville: Art of Magic - DD for 25Jan2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 25, 11 4:33 AM
Mine says "trial expired". I have it in my "may buy if daily deal" folder, but I don't remember what I did and didn't like about it... so I'm downloading a free trial elsewhere to look at (- at the opposite of "you lose" site).

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 4:35:34 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Magicville: Art of Magic - DD for 25Jan2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 25, 11 7:15 AM
I played 40 minutes of the demo version. It's a swap match-3 with background tiles to break. There's a timed option and Adventure mode, which is what I played. I think there may have been timed and relaxed options for the Adventure mode as well - I chose relaxed mode whenever offered a choice.

There's a story and interesting stuff going on between the M3 rounds. The M3 rounds earn you inventory items you use on story characters or items to progress thru the story. There's mini games included with skip buttons - so far a couple gear puzzles, a very simple pipe puzzle, the usual match the tile icon game, and the standard peg jumping puzzle that did not have to be totally cleared.

There's lots of music changes - interesting.

My reservations about the game have to do with the M3 gameboards. I find the game pieces to be unattractive. And the chest opening and closing on the right side is downright annoying. I did turn down the sound effects, and that helped some - otherwise that alone would be a total deal-breaker for me. As it is, I think I will buy it... sorta reluctantly.

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 7:21:49 AM PST

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jan 25, 11 7:39 AM
I played about 20 minutes of the demo, it was very slow loading between scenes. sometimes I would press play to load game , nothing would happen, but if I pressed play again it said game was already playing.

not for me this time, just too clunky. Pity because the graphics and music were good

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jan 25, 11 9:13 AM
I have to say that after reading some of the reviews I was not sure that I even wanted to demo this game, but I am glad I did!

I found it to be an enjoyable game on relax mode and once I figured out how to give things out of the inventory I started getting caught up in the game.

This is not a complicated game by any means, but I would suggest trying it before you decide. I did not find the load time between scenes long.

After seeing the help that has been given by the gamedesk people I decided it is a buy for me at DD price (I already have a punch card filled).

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jan 29, 11 2:33 PM
Thanks for your nice comments!

Dave
DesktopGaming

Go to: