Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Spindle Problem?

[Post New]by Safarri on Jan 25, 11 5:59 AM
I can't even get started with the first mini-game. How do you get that wooden spindle to move from inventory onto the spoke? I've pushed button after button. I don't skip games and don't want to start now. Hint is no help. Thanks for any help.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Spindle Problem?

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Jan 25, 11 10:12 AM
I had the same problem. I kept clicking the "look at" button and somehow got a "use" button. Sorry I'm not more help.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 25, 11 10:28 AM
I have a use botton but i still can't pick up the cog. Have tried everything.
The Question mark is pretty much useless. Any suggestions?

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Jan 25, 11 10:58 AM
I got the game to move forward by hitting the skip button. The game went directly into the mini-game.

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 25, 11 1:27 PM
Look at the spindle/cog/whatever in the center of all the spindles - it has a different center on it -like it's raised - that's the one you put the inventory one onto. Click "use" then the inventory item then where you want it to go -- I think that's the order.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Jan 25, 11 7:48 PM
LYNNEWHITNEY wrote:Look at the spindle/cog/whatever in the center of all the spindles - it has a different center on it -like it's raised - that's the one you put the inventory one onto. Click "use" then the inventory item then where you want it to go -- I think that's the order.

This game is too nit-picky for my taste. Having a specific order of clicks is annoying. I saw the spindle was different and the clue kept saying it and, probably, I didn't click in the exact order. Wasted 30 minutes of demo.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Jan 25, 11 7:50 PM
Safarri wrote:
LYNNEWHITNEY wrote:Look at the spindle/cog/whatever in the center of all the spindles - it has a different center on it -like it's raised - that's the one you put the inventory one onto. Click "use" then the inventory item then where you want it to go -- I think that's the order.

This game is too nit-picky for my taste. Having a specific order of clicks is annoying. I saw the spindle was different and the clue kept saying it and, probably, I didn't click in the exact order. Wasted 30 minutes of demo.

BTW: Thanks LYNNEWHITNEY for the heads up.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jan 29, 11 2:27 PM
To anybody still having difficulty with this bit - start by clicking the "Use" button at the top-right corner. Next, click on the cog, then on the spindle where you want to place it.

Hint: One of the spindles is slightly different to all of the others - it has a wee notch cut out of its end.

[edit] Just noticed that the third screenshot for Magicville on this site, shows the cog level completed - go have a look to see which spindle the cog goes on!

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 2:47:50 PM PST

Go to: