Which one is the best?

[Post New]by Izsa88 on Jan 25, 11 9:05 AM
Which of My Kingdom for the princess, Roads of Rome 2 and Island Tribe? Have not played MKFP yet, but is downloading now. Can't deside which one to buy out of Roads of Rome 2 and Island Tribe, so if MKFP is as good as I've read I have a problem Maybe I must buy them all.

Do you have a favourite amongst these, and why? Is the lenght of the games very different?

Off to play MKFP, I'll check in in an hour.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Which one is the best?

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jan 25, 11 9:39 AM
Buy Roads of Rome 2, Island Tribe is way less polished and has several hang-ups.

Maybe they'll release a better version later on. I purchased Island Tribe on Jan 7th and have been having repeated freezes and hang-ups. I wrote to the maker but got a totally unrelated response.

MKFtheP has a not too generous timer, if things like that bother you.

[Post New]by Izsa88 on Jan 25, 11 9:47 AM
Yeah, the timer started to bother me. And the voice saying "you don't have enough ***". Annoying, didn't even finish the hour. Felt I was sitting waiting for resources all the time. Got a bit boring. Roads of Rome 2 it is then Thanks!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jan 25, 11 10:50 AM
Hi

MKFTP is a fantastic game & I have got 1 & 2.

The game play is fun but the dialogue is brilliant LOL

I am liking Island tribe, on my second innings. It actually has a lot of hidden depths but is still fun yet not a patch on the MKFTP games.

Wonderburg is another fun game.

I am about to try out the Roads to Rome series on the recommendations here.

HTH

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 10:51:20 AM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 30, 11 9:51 PM
I haven't played Roads of Rome, but between MKFTP and Island Tribe, I'd go for MKFTP. I didn't like MKFTP 2 though - all the talking during the level was annoying and I didn't like the new graphics, so deleted it after playing just a few levels of the demo.

Jack of All Tribes has been released more recently, and I really enjoyed that one too. It's good to see a few more games like these; was getting tired of all the sinister HOGs that seem to be always coming.

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 10:01:01 PM PST

Nessikk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nessikk on Feb 1, 11 2:22 AM
I love the storyline in Island Tribe and the atmosphere created. A nice game with great graphics indeed. Maybe Roads of Rome is more polished and more realistic graphically, but in Island Tribe it is cartoon-like in style and it's really well done, so I myself adore this painted little world

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 1, 11 4:09 AM
Royal Envoy is my 1st TM game and I'm obsessed with it. I decided to try the other ones mentioned but I can't even finish the trial because to me, there is no comparison with RE and I'd rather just keep replaying it. All the others just annoy me.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 13, 11 5:44 AM
Have to agree with shagwendy. Royal Envoy is very polished, has great graphics and characters and a story line. It is top of TM in my estimation with a score of 9/10 (saving a 10 for one that is fun and really blows me away - perhaps Royal Envoy II if they do one)

Jack of All Tribes 8 1/2

Island Tribe
MKFTP I and II
Wonderburg
Westward Kingdoms
My Tribe
Most of the Farm Frenzys except 2
All the Choclatiers
All the Build a Lots
Two Airport Mania

All 8/10

Go to: