Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by jodestar4 on Dec 18, 10 4:24 PM
hi i need help, to go further in the game i need to buy the breathing apparatus but it costs 340 crystals and i have only 201 left .ive been thru every place on the map to see where i can get more but ive collected them all!!
so what do i do or what have i done wrong? ive read thru the walk through they just say go collect more but there isnt any more
can anyone help??
very frustrated bought the game when i was at this level on trials but still cant go further
cheers

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 2, 11 12:41 PM
Just be patient a bag of crystal will appear.... try the walkthrough if you are really stuck !!
Great game ,not too difficult and really enjoyed wandering around the magical world.
This game kept me interested right to the very end I am sorry it is over.....
I am a MCF fan and was not happy and a wee bit bored with the "Skulls"..... this game I think was better!
Thank you BF for another great game !!

dokken117
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by dokken117 on Feb 5, 11 11:52 AM
I have played this game over and over and love it every time. So many unusual things to do! Love painting the canvas, then sitting back and enjoying what it does. Someone mentioned not having enough crystals. That panicked me too the first time, but "this too shall pass". If I were a star giver, this one would be an easy 5.

[Post New]by niniankyria1 on Mar 20, 11 5:17 PM
This has to be the most annoying game ever. Tedious and annoying. Not fun. No longer even interesting.. Going to delete because I loathe this.

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on Apr 20, 11 6:21 PM
got bored today and bought this one! I absolutely loved it!! awesome graphics and art....played it all day long!! I give it a 5 outs 5!! Man, Im gonna have to invest in an external drive for all these games...right now I am deleting them after I play them cuz my puter is like 9 years old! So glad I found this site!!

[Post New]by Tessie16 on Jul 4, 11 9:47 AM
I am stuck in the tower with the witch. the part where you match wind, fire, snow, etc . I have clicked on "skip" and it will not skip. Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch in the program? I "X" out of the box and try to get out of the tower and I can't. I try to map out and it will not go to the maps.

chelogirl
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by chelogirl on Jul 14, 11 8:19 AM
just finished this game.its fun and enjoyable.love the story..its a must buy

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Jul 15, 11 5:41 PM
WOW. for a small file game this was awesome. Kept me busy busy busy! I wonder if there is a sequel?????

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Jul 19, 11 8:05 PM
I agree with everyone who loves this game. I will buy the sequel in a heartbeat - please make it soon!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jul 21, 11 12:12 PM
Hi fishies.... I'm a new swimmer here though an old time adventure gamer (been gaming for a looooonngggg time, many genres including MMO) and glad I found this great site, Bigfishgames!

Anyhoo, just want to comment this is one of the most charming and pleasant, mysteriously fun and intriguing games I've played since forever (ie. DOS!)

Wow... although it is not high tech in it's presentation, this game does with pc gaming what like Hitchcock did with films letting the imagination flow with the storyline (ie. Hitchcook never showed gore or graphics, he just suggested them and left it up to the imagination which ultimately has a bigger impact).

The music and graphics are just lovely and I just want to jump into the screen and walk around; in fact, it's so nicely done, I almost feel as though that is just what happens.

Hope there are MORE games such as this that come along here on Bigfishgames 'cause if so, I'll be swimmin here til the sharks come home!

PS: Moderator or techies... there is a glitch on the strategy guide and search page that doesn't recognize this game.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 12:14:20 PM PST

[Post New]by NekoRyuukiChan on Aug 26, 11 7:29 PM
I definitely loved this game, albeit with the exception of that loathsome final mini-game that was pulling out matches that made little to no sense (eg, the card that beats the river). The story was cute and it didn't try too hard. I was fully engaged the whole time, and found the game to be not too challenging, but fun, nonetheless. There was a while before I realized I had a map that I kept getting lost, but I eventually figured it out.
The audio was charming, especially the bits with the flute playing. There was very little lacking in this game, actually. I think my one main complaint is that everything was so tiny and kind of dark, so the tiny gems were getting difficult to spot in some areas. Or I kept trying to collect an item required for a later puzzle when I thought it was a crystal.
The game is very similar to the good ol' King's Quest games, though without all the beating of your head against a wall. A very good buy, and worthy of a sequel, in my opinion.

...Though, sometimes I wish there were a button that makes my character stop and point at someone and go "YOU'RE EVIL!" and decide to stop assisting, but I suppose it would just skip the main plot in most games. Or it could introduce a whole new amusing element as you harass the local flora and fauna.

[Post New]by Olivia521 on Nov 13, 11 4:18 PM
Good game, worth the price. Can take your time traveling around. Map might make it too easy for some. The only problem I have is I don't know if the game is finished or not! No credits appear, but I still have tools in inventory and a frog on the floor of the tower room. Is that the end?

Luna27295
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Luna27295 on Nov 20, 11 2:18 AM
It's no fun when u buy a game and the iPad version is different. The walk through is no help and nobody else seems to know the answer either , just wasted time and money

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Nov 23, 11 6:33 PM
I played the demo and loved it so I will be buying the full version. The graphics are great and the challenges are fun, I like the adventure. Great game!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 29, 11 1:54 PM
Based on the positive reviews, I got this during the 2.99 sale. For a game listed as having such a small download size: Hard Drive: 57 MB , I was simply amazed at all the locations to visit in the game, 20 or more, and all the many tasks that needed to be accomplished! Thank goodness for the map!

Some of the tasks were quite challenging, as you have to travel back and forth among the 20 locations to find what you need. Some of the puzzles take some thinking as well. This was a delightful game that entertained me for many more hours than I thought possible!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 5:41 PM
This is a beautiful looking game, the scenes are very nice the story is engaging.

I bought this one when it first came out and love it.

doziedoats
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by doziedoats on Jan 23, 12 2:16 PM
I for one also fell in love with it. It happened to be the very first game I played and I have never forgotten it. Wouldn't it be nice if Amaranth at least could give us an update and let us know what is happening. Are we never see a sequal forthcoming? Anyway I too thought it was fantastic.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 2:27:05 PM PST

[Post New]by iheartmy1dog on Mar 7, 12 9:44 PM
Just finished playing this game on my iPhone. I love BF games and have pretty much all the iPhone ones... I usually love them and give them 5 stars in the app store but this one I had to rate a 3.

When I was trying to search for things, it would keep switching scenes and zooming out. The hint system wasn't too helpful... most of the time if it tried showing me where something was it was about 1/2 inch or inch away from the actual item. If I clicked too soon when starting the game and didn't let it load completely, it would just give me a white screen and I'd have to shut it down and restart it.

I did enjoy the story line and the graphics... thought they were great! I hope there's a sequel... but without the glitches

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Mar 17, 12 7:44 AM
Good game, played it on my ipad..... agree with previous poster, had some issues when I tried to touch certain items... got very frustrated at times, and found myself using the walkthrough WAY too much!! Would go for a sequel though.... just please make " hidden" items a bit larger, next time, please!

[Post New]by BuddyBontheNet on Jul 13, 12 6:51 AM

In general this game ticked all of the boxes, but too many times it was just impossible to work out what needed to be done without referring to the walkthrough. If there is a sequel, I'd play the demo and if problem is the same I won't bother playing the whole game. I don't mind figuring out hard stuff, but I'm not a mind reader or a magician!

Go to: