boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by boobailey on May 1, 11 10:59 AM
I LIKED THIS GAME BUT FOUND THE DIALOGUE RATHER CORNY. IT WAS FUN AND HAD LOT'S OF PLAY TIME. TRY IT AND YOU'LL LIKE IT. GOOD GAMES AND LOT'S OF HIDDEN OBJECTS.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on May 8, 11 1:25 AM
I've just finished this game and enjoyed it. I thought the storlyine was a bit nutty, the graphics refreshing after the usual animation, the music unobtrusive and the hidden object scenes relatively easy to navigate. I also found the puzzles to obtain the spirit ball at times challenging. The length of the game was excellent value for money.

The only negative was the ending which I thought was a bit lame.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 22, 11 12:36 PM
I just finished this game. The graphics, music and interplay were good. It's a HOG with puzzles and very unique in the way it's presented, so in MHO, it's more interesting and enjoyable than the usual HOG. I prefer adventure games with some Hog and puzzles, but for straight HOG lovers, this is a must.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 21, 11 6:38 PM
Great game. It's been in my Game Manager for awhile but finally got around to playing it.

I love the unique take on the old princess meets prince story and the sarcastic dialogue is fantastic!! Kept me entertained the entire way through.

Also, the hidden object scenes didn't contain the usual crap that most hidden object scenes do, like wrenches, horseshoes, butterfly, pocket watch, blah blah. The scenes in this game had a wide variety of objects; many I have never seen before in Hidden object games so that was a refreshing change.

Scenes are bright and clear. Some items are hard to find but it was nice that it provided a challenging experience. Hint meter refills quickly so even those easily frustrated should be content.

The scenes are interactive and require you to use inventory items to accomplish tasks but it's pretty straightforward. The journal offers necessary tips and is also well done.

All in all, I had a blast with this one. Great job developers!

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Sep 20, 11 6:42 AM
I bought this game when it was first offered. Liked it then and still like it. I have played it a couple of times and yes I did have problems with finishing some scenes, but that is why the walkthru is great. I also learned that leaving sometimes exiting the game and coming back later give me a new fresher slant on the scene.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 20, 11 8:07 AM
Wonderful graphics, sweet music (changes with scenes), tricky objects in some scenes. OK I would think if you just like HOG games and not much else to do. Didn't have much idea of where or why most of the time and I'm not a fan of HOG after HOG, so no buy for me, which is a shame as I thought the graphics, particularly the intro were truly delightful.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Sep 20, 11 8:41 PM
I saw this was the daily deal so I thought I would try it. I'm glad I didn't spend the $2.99 because I would have felt kind of cheated. This bored me to tears. The graphics are very pretty and the music is nice, but the dialogue is lame. The characters are forgettable (and in some cases unlikeable), the premise is a bit dull, and the puzzles are really uninteresting.

My comment to my husband was that it seemed to be geared toward elementary school or middle school-aged girls. Looks like a lot of you enjoyed it, though, so maybe I'm wrong on that.

It's cute, but not for me. I uninstalled after less than ten minutes.

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 8:45:48 PM PST

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Sep 25, 11 2:46 PM
Um well.... after the cutesy fairytale opening....the graphics change to "grunge city" which is rather a shock

However the HOG scenes are surprisingly tricky
and cleverly done

I've missed the DD as I didn't play it in time
I have a few game credits but can't decide whether to use one on this yet
I like the idea of a long game
but think I might find all that grunge too depressing

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 6:25 PM
I though this game was hilarious, the story line was so silly that I had to wonder if was suppose to be funny.

Beside that the game was ok, the puzzles and HOG were fun.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 17, 12 5:53 PM
This game was all right but I have played much better. ending was disappointing!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 27, 12 1:18 PM
Evidently two years ago there was no rapid-click penalty. Well, I sure got one! Was it added?

As fas as I can tell this game consists of finding things, finding things, and finding things. It didn't bore me to tears but after about ten minutes I realized that I was not enjoying myself at all - so why was I even playing?

Into the trash bin and not a big waste. I'm very glad I didn't buy it. It's not worth $2.99.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 27, 12 9:08 AM
Just finished the demo and this is a buy for me. Don't let the funky atmosphere of this game fool you, it is anything but easy and childish. Yes, the graphics are "cartoonish" and the story is odd, but this is not a "hand-holding" kids game. It is basically a HOS game, but the HOS are not that easy and some items are small. The HINT only works during the HOS, then you are on your own. Different take on the HOS too. Sparkles outline the HOS but they are few and far between to help you anywhere else. You will need to use the journal and move your curser carefully around to find what you need to do or gather.

You will need to connect your inventory items at times to use in both the HOS and the game arena but there are no hints to let you know you need to do this. The journal helps here. Game can be frustrating but at the same time addictive. There is dialog, but it is quite entertaining. So far, for the kind of game it is, I give it a 4 out of 5....because it will keep you thinking.

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 9:09:52 AM PST

Go to: