Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jul 20, 10 5:26 AM
At last, I've finished it too. Don't know how many hours I used, but it was fun time spent. I see many fishies found this game "easy" - I'm not one of them. Some of the items in the HOGs were IMPOSSIBLE to find - did you really find all the coacroches without using the hint button? And the bugs? I am very grateful for the hints and the walkthough, wouldn't been able to fisish this game without. But gamers like me, the slow ones (slow in all meanings of the word) rarely write in this forum. Makes us feel stupid, I guess. But nobody have given the slow ones an identity before, so here is one.. I must add that English is not my first language, so sometimes I had to use hint just to find out what in the world the items were. - "candle snuffer"? "wicker stand"?
However I really enjoyed the game, and will probably play it over again, I usually do tha with good games. Maybe I'll manage to play through without any help - some time.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 20, 10 5:52 AM
Finally, its here. I beta tested this one and thought it was a great game. Needless to say, I purchased it and can't wait to finish it.
A very happy fishie here!!

kimtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kimtoo on Jul 20, 10 9:13 AM
I would love to play this game, but had so much trouble with it going to a black screen everytime it changed scenes, for like 30 seconds at a time. Finally it went to a black screen and stayed that way. I had to shut down my computer to get rid of it.
I run vista and put the ant-virus into game mode, so I don't know why this wouldn't run. Seems like a good game though.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jul 20, 10 9:15 AM
Excellent game on so many levels.
Very nice IHOG.
Loads in well with no glitches.
Strategy guide included.
Story line is cohesive and interesting. Characters are delightful.
Items appropriate to the story.
Graphics are clear and crisp. Even the few darker scenes have great resolution.
A lot of moving around with many, many locations but logical movement.
Music appropriate, imaginative and not intrusive.
Hint refills at a good pace.
Mini games are challenging but not difficult with some thought.
Skip button available for mini games.
No real penalty, just a warning, for over clicking.
Long game play. Took me 6+ hours with only minor interuption.
Full screen, wide screen, sound, effects and cursor options.
Definitely an enjoyable experience!

[Post New]by sherrywin4 on Jul 20, 10 9:23 AM
This game was the best of the best, I enjoyed it from beginning to the end. It was captivating and held my interest throughout. Thanks Big Fish, hope you find more of the same.

[Post New]by sherrywin4 on Jul 20, 10 9:23 AM
This game was the best of the best, I enjoyed it from beginning to the end. It was captivating and held my interest throughout. Thanks Big Fish, hope you find more of the same.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jul 20, 10 10:13 AM
What more can I say that hasn't already been said. Terrific game for all the reasons stated previously. Finally the developers are listening to us about those very tiny hidden objects junkpiles and came up with large, clear but still challenging objects to find - see, it can be done! Knew 10 minutes into the demo that I was going to use my credit and haven't regretted it. Kudos to the developers for this one!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jul 20, 10 11:27 AM
Well Fishes.....I love this game! I hate this game! That is what you call a love-hate relationship!!

This game has challenged my brain like no other has. I get a kick out of those who say that it is not a difficult game. I find it difficult! But I also find it a challenge that I want to come out as the "winner".

The graphics are great...everything is perfect. I find the mini-games hard...not all of them that is for sure...but some I have had to pass on. I hate doing that. I love the people...great job there. They are entertaining and so life-like. Just wish we did not have to hear the "Hmmmm" so often and have them speak their words instead of seeing the mouth move and READING THE WORDS.
But all in all this game is a must. Wonderful, fantastic game that makes you think! Why would anyone want a simple game. We have these games not only for entertainment but to stretch our minds.
If you have not tried this game...do the demo...and you will find it intriging and challenging and fun. Nice job developers...if everyone made games like you we would be in 7th heaven or cloud nine or wherever makes a happygrams like me happy.
Now back to finishing a great game...cannot wait!!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 20, 10 11:31 AM
Great game - keeps one's attention focused - great hidden objects and mini games like the various levels - the demo was good and bought the game - and love it.
Good job!

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jul 20, 10 1:56 PM
One of the best games in ages. Reminiscent of Return to Ravenhurst. I loved it. It took quite a while to play and the mini games were excellent. The items seemed to get harder to find as the game progressed. Very good.

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Jul 20, 10 2:51 PM
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS GAME!!!! SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE. WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY. HIDDEN OBJECTS WERE CLEVERLY HIDDEN AND THE INTERACTION WAS GREAT! SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS TO DO. IT WAS ALSO A LONG GAME. ANOTHER ONE LIKE THIS PLEASE!!

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Jul 20, 10 6:46 PM
I LOVED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jul 20, 10 7:43 PM
Outstanding! I enjoyed every moment of the game! It took me quite some time to finish. When I first saw there were only 4 chapters, I was sure it was going to be short. But it isn't! I have to say, it's right up there with Dire Grove!! The graphics were awesome, the music totally sets the atmosphere. Plenty of HOG scenes, and the mini-games were just right for my level of gaming, not too hard nor too easy and they came with instructions as well. I loved how you had to do things to move ahead, and had to stop and think of what you had to do next or where you should look next. So, wondering around was involved, which was fine because I didn't want to miss anything! YAHOO! Thanks These are the kind of games we look for!

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Jul 20, 10 10:01 PM
This is a great game and I might purchase it in the near future because the demo was fun and the gameplay is excellent

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jul 20, 10 10:23 PM
The game was good. Items were what I call "findable" without being too easy. Since I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer I did get stuck a time or two concerning what to do next. The casebook or diary or whatever that you could access on the lower left of the scene did a great job of keeping track of tasks and that kept me on track. I enjoyed the story line and the interaction with characters in the game wasn't too bad. The game made me think a bit but didn't leave me with smoke coming out of my ears. I bought the game after the free hour and I'm glad I did. As with most hour-long trial with HOG's, you end up buying the thing because you can't wait to see what happens next. I usually take longer than most to finish a game, but it's definitely one that I didn't finish in an evening. Good game!.....however...the ending..well..disappointing to say the least.

Edited on 07/21/2010 at 1:30:34 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 21, 10 12:09 AM
I finally got around to demoing this one. I had held off because it looked like it was going to be too weird for me. I am happy to say that I really enjoyed it. I got to the end of chapter one in my hour so I think the game has a decent length to it. The music was sort of creepy in a funny way. Sounded just like the music in the Haunted Mansion at Disney. Very appropriate for the subject matter.

I had a little trouble with some of the hidden object scenes in that a couple of items were small and/or blended too well into the background. At least the hint refreshes pretty quickly. I also liked the addition of button to highlight areas which need something done. You aren't told exactly what to do so you can actually think about what needs to be accomplished. Overall, a really nice game. Thanks BF!!

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Jul 21, 10 1:24 AM
rWhow! a game I went thru without going to a walk thru....first time for me...loved it......when I got stuck - I just left it - came back and hey presto - got it....

Sorry it ended LOL

nagu

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Jul 21, 10 6:46 AM
I was sorry it ended also...Was one of my favorite games next to dire grove..We need more of these BFG....Loved everything about it from music to length...How about a sequel???? Great Job Vogat....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 21, 10 6:49 AM
Additional: I just finished the game - like to take my time - and really enjoyed it. Loved the combination of finding objects and frequent puzzles to solve.

Two things I would have liked seen differently: One is the graphics - in the hidden object scenes, the graphics weren't all that good.
And two... I would have liked to have a map so I could use it to go to the different places. The frequent zooming in and out to get to the different scenes made me feel somewhat dizzy and nauseous.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jul 21, 10 9:09 AM
One of those games that are sooooo easy to review.
I do not have a single complaint. Not one negative other than I was sorry when it ended.

Go to: