Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by friomm on Aug 7, 10 8:49 AM
I bought the collector's edition and like others have said, I don't need the wallpaper and other bits that adds so much to the price, don't think it's really worth it.

I will say that I really enjoyed the game even though it only lasted me 3 nights. It had good puzzles and very nice graphics. I enjoyed the puzzles the most, they were varied and some pretty challenging but none so difficult that I couldn't figure them out.

Thanks for a good one!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Aug 7, 10 10:48 AM
Thanks krissywillow for the feedback. Mudrock does post on Mondays so tomorrow would be the end of the week for him. I, too, am really tired of waiting to the very last minute for the SG games but I guess it is something we are going to have to put up with. I do see thier point in a way but it is really hard to be patient. My budget does not allow for so many CE games so I have no other choice.

Definitely I'll be up bright and early tomorrow to check the site for the new releases. I will be so disappointed if it's not there.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Aug 7, 10 11:33 AM
ladygem6 wrote:Thanks krissywillow for the feedback. Mudrock does post on Mondays so tomorrow would be the end of the week for him. I, too, am really tired of waiting to the very last minute for the SG games but I guess it is something we are going to have to put up with. I do see thier point in a way but it is really hard to be patient. My budget does not allow for so many CE games so I have no other choice.

Definitely I'll be up bright and early tomorrow to check the site for the new releases. I will be so disappointed if it's not there.

Yea I agree. I was up early this morning thinking this was the last day of the week and man was I disappointed when it wasn't up today. But alas, BF has to use a "week" different from the rest of the world just to torture us.

I have tons of games yet to play or finish so why do I care if this one is up right now. I dunno. Blame it on BF for making an addict out of me. lol. Hang in there ladygem!

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Aug 7, 10 2:26 PM
I bought the CE version and enjoyed the game very much, but not worth the extra price.

[Post New]by SquareKitty on Aug 7, 10 2:39 PM
My daughter and I played this game and loved it. Really liked the idea of the ghostly shadows and freeing them from the spell. Worth it, and the extra game was good, took my kid about 1/2 an hour to play......just not interested in wallpapers etc, so maybe if the price was a little lower it would be even better!

I didn't realise this was a sequel - will definately be looking the first game up!

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Aug 8, 10 11:37 PM
Loved the first game and haven't seen anything that tempted me in a while. So I broke down and bought my first CE. I got all that I want and enjoyed in the first game: a combination HOG and puzzle with lots and lots of running around (you either like that or you don't!) -- it tests your memory in a map kind of way and for which area needed what. PLUS, the visuals are even better than the first, the objects to find are clear, and the puzzles are really challenging! Glad I had the strategy guide a few times, but I did pretty well on my own. Some unique ways of manipulating the screen to find (or place) the objects -- good animation on these. About four evenings of play, including the bonus game. No technical issues for me, I was one of the lucky ones, I gather, from other comments.

That being said, I wonder about the CE price. I splurged just because I never had before and I liked the first game so much. But I wondered if it was worth it. The strategy guide is good, but usually there's a free walkthrough offered on BF in a day or two of regular game release. The bonus game is actually fun but much simpler than the other parts of the game, it took me about a third or quarter of the time of the rest of the game. That shouldn't triple the price. I don't want screensavers or sketches.
Final review: Excellent game, even better than the first, but wait for the regular release.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 11:39:13 PM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 9, 10 3:12 PM
On the first page of this post everyone keeps talking about "the First One" - Is that Princess Isabella a witches curse? I played the demo and thought it an ok game. Pretty easy, but fun and good story and graphics. A no buy for me though because it is so much like Princess Isabella.... If anyone can tell me if this is supposed to be the sequel I would appreciate it!

Thanks BF - one of the better HOG's in awhile, but still will wait for the regular version.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 10, 10 12:00 AM
This an absolutely awesome game. It was well worth the $19.95. If you like this game I also recommend Redemption Cemetary: Curse of the Raven. I don't usually pay this money for games but these two were well worth it.

For those of you who are having trouble with the game freezing and also going back and forth to the walkthrough for help and then back to then game. Look at my post in the technical problems. The date is for August 9. I don't know how many will get help from my post but, I got through the game and finished it without any problems this way.
Good Luck All

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 12, 10 10:41 PM
Great simply great. we loved everything about it. thanks!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Aug 13, 10 12:11 AM
Leanda1 wrote:On the first page of this post everyone keeps talking about "the First One" - Is that Princess Isabella a witches curse? I played the demo and thought it an ok game. Pretty easy, but fun and good story and graphics. A no buy for me though because it is so much like Princess Isabella.... If anyone can tell me if this is supposed to be the sequel I would appreciate it!

Thanks BF - one of the better HOG's in awhile, but still will wait for the regular version.

I believe they are talking about "Echoes of the Past, Royal House of Stone."

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Aug 13, 10 4:24 AM
heya have just finished the game really loved it and the bonus game is just as good. well worth paying the extra for collectors edition. Would definitly buy again if there was another type of one like this. Amazing graphics

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 17, 10 11:15 AM
Excellent game - great graphics and good puzzles. However, this game developer always makes the hint button and the story book/journal sparkle or flash every 10-15 seconds which is a very annoying distraction. I finally put a sticky note on my screen over that darn sparkling hint button - I DO NOT need to be reminded it is there every 15 seconds!

[Post New]by kcstokes on Aug 23, 10 1:35 AM
Can anyone who has finished this game tell me how to get the lights on in the factory? I have been everywhere, but can't figure it out.

AmyCT
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by AmyCT on Aug 24, 10 6:36 AM
This is one game where the bonus play is worth the extra money.... it continued the play for a decent amount of time and puzzles.

Very good game all around... not quite up to the ravenhurst series... but very good overall. There were definitely some tricky parts, but nothing that made one groan when the item was discovered. Some games hide things where they are virtually hidden in shadows and one must just randomly click. Not here.

I recommend the collectors addition for this game.

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on Aug 28, 10 11:30 AM
djrum525 wrote:Hi stapyhar and welcome! The name of the first game is Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone. You can find it here and it's not a CE .

Thank you, djrum525!!!

[Post New]by Lindasmith6839 on Sep 5, 10 8:29 AM
I LOVED it - until I got stuck with no way to cut leaves!! Beautiful graphics, puzzles and hidden objects integrated into story - really like that!!

[Post New]by Lindasmith6839 on Sep 5, 10 9:56 AM
Somehow, when I went back into the game, I was able to go back, and found what I needed... Yeah!!

FLOYDC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by FLOYDC on Sep 24, 10 4:48 PM
the game has many bugs in it. big fish games should never let this kind of quality on to the market . it should have been tested better , many of the bugs are so abvious to the players. try cleaning up your quality control system. its very disapointing to put hours into a game only to be shot down by a programming error.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 222777 on Oct 10, 10 2:04 PM
I am sorry, but I am stuck trying to get out of the kitchen to the "window on the right" to get to the collection of hooks. I keep going back and forth but no where I have not been before. I have used the Extras, but no help.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Dec 16, 10 8:23 PM
I really liked this game - it had great adventure elements, good puzzles, and a nice logical flow. I played on the more difficult level which made exploring a bit more random and challenging. The graphics as you moved through the village and castle were very well done, but I thought the hidden object scenes were somewhat grainy and indistinct.

This game was longer than the first one and the bonus game was good. However, I enjoyed the story in the first one more. I seem to remember it being a bit more mysterious and intriguing. The characters were not developed much in the story of this game, and their voices did not really seem to fit the period or atmosphere which detracted from the mood a bit. Although the game was not quite as visually appealing as some recent games with a similar theme, it was very enjoyable overall. I will definitely look forward to another in this series.

Go to: