Re:A SIGN UP SHEET ASKING TO KEEP THE FORUM ACTIVE

[Post New]by kerith90angel on Apr 19, 18 3:50 PM

Consider me officially signing The Petition to help save the forums & pm........

I agree with both suggestions made by Pennmom36 and Biscuitsmama 100%, to help save the forum. I love the CE PCC credits being used that way, great idea, Biscuits, because quite often I'll be on the fence to buy a CE and that would shove me over to a purchase if the Club Credits meant more. I also liked Pennmom36’s idea of opting in/out of varied type of membership. So if I could combine both your ideas, I would.

I also want to thank the usual, and long term game reviewers- I feel like I know many of you; having read so many reviews over the years here. I have huge respect for you and for the amount of time it takes to write them -helping the DEV to perfect the games.
Thank you to the members, in these forums, that have helped me out of a bind in the games too, or some technical issue.

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 12:55:23 PM PST

[Post New]by kerith90angel on Apr 19, 18 9:21 PM
I've already signed this petition, but I was reading all the posts and saw this one & I agree so much I felt the need to comment:

alphafem wrote:

Medically speaking, games...for all age groups...have been proven to help reduce pain levels by taking the patient's focus to someplace where they can immerse themselves, engross themselves in something positive that they find pleasing. I imagine that reading the Forum comments provides that same stimuli as well.

Please, BFG, remember that you are nothing without your loyal client base. WHO do YOU owe YOUR loyalty to? C'mon now! Serve extra expresso at the Zen-Desk, and figure this out!

Well said!! Time Management games have actually become a necessity for me and want to spread the word on this if it can help someone else. I have a chronic pain condition which causes a lot of muscle pain. Time Management games work so well because you are so busy not dwelling on any discomfort and too busy redirecting that negative energy. I've noticed it works with some Match 3 games as well.

These particular games work really well: Burger Bustle, Burger Shop 2, Jet Set Go, Bloom! Share Flowers w/the World, Chloe's Dream Resort & the Delicious Series. Essentially the Task Driven TM & not the aerial view collecting type. They seem bypass your brain's pain receptors and it seems to disrupt the signal that you're hurting. I've suggested this information to be utilized at a Hospital Pain Center as alternative medicine.

Even though it's a temporary fix, it is a relief and will sometimes alleviate your momentary flare of pain and drop it a level.

I know another person that recently had a stroke and her neurologist suggested to play games like Tick & Pick & the Match 3 games. It forces your brain to work in order to heal.

If this helps even one person, I'm glad I spoke up before this forum is gone.

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 1:06:28 PM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 19, 18 9:24 PM
Another vote to keep the forums and PMs.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 20, 18 7:29 AM
Well, seems like we finally got an answer to why they don't want to get a new URL with new forums back on page 7 of this thread. BF just doesn't want to. Even if a new forum system isn't as complex as this current one is, something is better than nothing! I've even contacted CS about this, and got the same answer from a CS manager. Sorry BF, you're shooting yourself in the foot but I guess some folks have to learn the hard way by losing market share that being cheap in the short term with not willing to get new software or whatever it is that's the concern with having new forums is truly a dumb business decision. This site will be no different than any other casual gaming portal. And without someplace for casual gamers to get game help or developers to get feedback, I've got to be worried about the casual PC gaming market in general. People won't buy what they think they can't play, and it's not going to help with the increasing cookie-cutterness of games coming out.

I feel bad for the mods who are most likely losing their jobs, even if they're not saying so right now. Would like to thank all the BF moderators for their hard work maintaining these forums especially over the past few years when all the spam started creeping in. It's been great while it lasted.

Thanks to everyone who's given me kudos over the years for my gaming tips. I've migrated to Pond Friends (http://pondfriends.boards.net/) so you can at least PM me there if you get stuck in a M3 somewhere down the road. Happy gaming to everyone wherever you may go.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 20, 18 2:39 PM
portions bolded by me
SynthpopAddict wrote:Well, seems like we finally got an answer to why they don't want to get a new URL with new forums back on page 7 of this thread. BF just doesn't want to. Even if a new forum system isn't as complex as this current one is, something is better than nothing! I've even contacted CS about this, and got the same answer from a CS manager. Sorry BF, you're shooting yourself in the foot but I guess some folks have to learn the hard way by losing market share that being cheap in the short term with not willing to get new software or whatever it is that's the concern with having new forums is truly a dumb business decision. This site will be no different than any other casual gaming portal. And without someplace for casual gamers to get game help or developers to get feedback, I've got to be worried about the casual PC gaming market in general. People won't buy what they think they can't play, and it's not going to help with the increasing cookie-cutterness of games coming out.

I feel bad for the mods who are most likely losing their jobs, even if they're not saying so right now. Would like to thank all the BF moderators for their hard work maintaining these forums especially over the past few years when all the spam started creeping in. It's been great while it lasted.

Thanks to everyone who's given me kudos over the years for my gaming tips. I've migrated to Pond Friends (http://pondfriends.boards.net/) so you can at least PM me there if you get stuck in a M3 somewhere down the road. Happy gaming to everyone wherever you may go.

EXACTLY!
I add a felt Thank You to ALL those who have given tips, help and support (both game and personal!) throughout the years. What someone wished me, I wish to you all: A Happy Gaming Journey!

Kindest Regards,
BearKat

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 20, 18 4:42 PM
I am just sick about this...will write again when I can get myself together, but wanted to have my name on the list ...PLEASE Big Fish, find a way to keep the forums open.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 20, 18 6:26 PM
@quarlesqueen, I have sent you a pm!
BK

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 21, 18 5:47 AM
Add my vote to keeping the forums and PM open.

Using a captcha would help prevent the robot posts and limit forum traffic. There's free or inexpensive highly rated software available.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 21, 18 6:01 AM
Voting to keep the forums and pm's active.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 6:35 AM
For those of you that are looking for a place to chat about the games, see the "Sneak Peeks", read Sunny, Pennmom, and Biscuitmama's reviews, we have rearranged furniture a bit at Pond friends and would live to see you there.

This is a direct link to the welcome to Pond Friends letter that Biscuitmama and Pennmom put together.

It contains helpful links about what is available at the site

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5346/information-welcome-new-returning-members?page=1&scrollTo=358170

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Apr 21, 18 6:46 AM
Don't think BFG have really thought through the impacts of this decision on their customers and resulting business.
However, perhaps it's down to the new ownership and they may anyway (probably do) already have other plans for the direction of the business.
Doubt it will help, but would for sure like to see the forums retained, or replaced if the current system is no longer viable.

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Apr 21, 18 7:21 AM
I'm adding my name to this, for what it's worth. It seems to be a done deal and we won't change their minds.

A BIG thank you to all the lovely players who have helped so much to make this forum a great place to visit, with helpful suggestions, funny stories and the like.

Thanks to all the mods who have done so much for us.

Bye all.

Freya

[Post New]by jezlou on Apr 21, 18 7:52 AM
The forums are one of the main reasons I belong to BFG. I prefer time management games, which are rare compared to HOG's here. When I am looking for a new game to play, I head to the forums to read more about the HOG's or other genre's to see if I am going to take a chance on the game. The information in the forums goes way beyond the couple of pages of reviews, showing joy, frustration, and excitement for a game. Whether you are a novice or an expert, the forums allow you to find your way thru any game without feeling like you are the only one out there stuck! I have purchased BFG's for the last 10 years. That is a big chunk of change when you add in the cost of membership and all the games I have purchased. I will also have no reason to belong to BFG if the forums are lost and I am no longer able to find solutions or feel the connection to the community. I am lucky enough that it isn't about the money for me or the cut in price for the games when you have a membership. I would just as soon see the money go directly to the developers, but I also appreciate that the cheaper price for games is important to an overwhelming number of members who have a fixed income. To charge additional for using the forums is not the solution! To only be able to use the forums when you are a Member is certainly more reasonable! We are customers, and maybe Aristocrat should reread their own statement, "We are pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence". You are not pioneering solutions for your membership, nor are you pursuing excellence in customer service! If your are pursuing the gamblers with no thought to the casual gamer, well then this all makes a lot more sense!

shooter9325
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by shooter9325 on Apr 21, 18 7:55 AM
Add my name to the list.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 21, 18 8:03 AM
Add my vote to keeping the forums and PM open.

Using a captcha would help prevent the robot posts and limit forum traffic. There's free or inexpensive highly rated software available.

annebrady
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by annebrady on Apr 21, 18 8:25 AM
Hi, I don't play this game, in fact I generally don't play hidden object games, prefer TM or even Match 3, the odd solitaire etc, but have been a big player of HO online. Anyway, what I wanted to say is, I have been a member of BFG for over a decade now, I think. And I always look at the forums for every game I buy, new or old, when I get stuck and want help to move forward, or with online games, for tips and I guess solidarity, knowing my neighbours, being a part of a community. I would say, especially for new games, it has always been a very valuable resource to me. Yes there are "walkthroughs" available for some games. And people posting all sorts of video plays online, which, honestly are often useless, because they are just people playing, without actually getting the goal or whatever you need to continue. I have also played games on other sites, but what always brought me back to BFG was the forums and community that grew around those forums. I know that BFG was bought last year by a company that makes "slot" machines, so maybe the focus has changed to games that make money, and the community side is just not that profitable. That is a huge shame. It is cheaper to go with those sites where you just pay a monthly subscription and have access to any game, rather than paying to be a member, and then pay for each game, or pay for in game stuff in online games. It was always the forums and the communities surrounding it, that brought me back to BFG each time I left. Without them, well BFG doesn't really have any selling point for me. I will leave my subscription behind, it is worthless now.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 21, 18 8:33 AM

what a lovely idea

if only ....

add my name to this PLEA

gripy gripes

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 21, 18 8:38 AM
Please keep the forum and PM's active....love the forum....

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 21, 18 8:38 AM
Unsure of it's value, but I would also like to add my vote.

I played BF back in the days when you actually were mailed a CD of the game. Overly cautious, it took me a very long time to delve into the forum. But once I did...well, the rest is history.

Tips and tricks grew to epic proportions in an effort to help every fellow gamer with every nuance of the game. So much information that every single player, on every single platform, was able to play exactly how they chose to play.

We built a family of sorts. We laughed, cried, consoled, helped generously and yes, argued. We grew to know each other so well that the forum became a community. Yes, it was supposed to contain only game related stuff, but we managed to sneak in here and there (with the Mods looking the other way, I'm sure LOL) funny little side stories and snippets of our real lives.

We celebrated our birthdays, anniversaries, births of grandchildren and mourned the crushing loss of loved ones. TOGETHER. BF became THE forum, THE community, the place for FRIENDS.

The camaraderie here was unique and advantageous to both game player and BF. Sometimes purely economical reasons are not the right reasons.

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Apr 21, 18 9:04 AM
The forums have been a great escape from everyday life -- no politics, no bad headlines, just friendly, kind and helpful people sharing a common goal. We've had the opportunity to meet and make friends with people from all over the world -- the comradery here is amazing! Many of us wouldn't have experienced these things if it wasn't for the forum.

BF, please don't pull the rug out from under us -- there's got to be another way.

I'm voting to keep the forums.

Go to: