sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by sarra73 on Aug 1, 10 2:15 AM
I am SO SO SO glad I used my last credit on this game!!! I don't pay attention to the punch card thingie. I buy rarely enough I don't need to bother with it. but still.

This game pwns! IT's so like RTR and I remembered that game with the first major puzzle. Took me right back to that Ravenhurst world I so love for some odd reason.

Played the demo and when it turned off, I was staring at the monitor going 'omg what happened????" expecting something to jump out at me. The one girl made me jump, that's for sure, haha! But wow, I can NOT wait to play this fully. I have today off; and that is precisely what I'm going to do. Thanks, BFG for one heck of a BIG game of AWESOME!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 1, 10 5:44 AM
Great Game! Love it!

Thanks

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 1, 10 2:51 PM
I haven't finished yet because I'm savoring every minute of play. I seldom sing praises of a HOG but this game has a little for everyone. I just finished my favorite mini game so far -- the "sun gem" door puzzle. It reminds me of bumper pool and it was so much fun to play. Seriously this is one of my top 5 favorite games and to think I almost didn't try it because of the subject content. I'm happy I purchased it and believe me, you won't be disappointed one bit with this game. I give it 10 stars and two thumbs up! Go for it fishies -- it's a "keeper"! You won't want to throw this one back.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 1, 10 6:31 PM
WOW! Loved this game and can't wait to play it again. Excellent graphics, music is spooky and keeps you ingaged. Loved the story line as well. Didn't need to use Walkthrough and did skip one puzzle--the electrical wire one. I didn't have the patience for that one. But loved all the others.

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Aug 1, 10 6:41 PM
Asylum Conspiracy, is almost as good as Ravenhearst. It`s a close second if you
liked them.
At the end ..I heard something about an opera.., like a sequel, maybe.. to Asylum?
Please post a note if you caught it.
I totally got hooked after Ravenhearst,and Madam Fate, and this game ranks right
up there with them. Thanks Big Fish!!!
Indypeg

sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

game that does. not. end. ^_^

[Post New]by sarra73 on Aug 2, 10 1:31 AM
FINALLY!!!! I just got done playing this; counting the hour demo, this was about a 4 and a half hour long game; and I had to skim past a few of the puzzles! I never do that. They were hard and I just had no patience to sit through them. I'm sure if I did, I would have added on another hour or so to the playing time.

Amazing game. OMG just amazing!!!!!!
Not the longest I've played, however. RTR was 48 hours and STILL counting. That game just doesn't DIE. I think RTR was the best game ever created. But this is a close second.

sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sarra73 on Aug 2, 10 1:32 AM
indypeg57 wrote:.
At the end ..I heard something about an opera.., like a sequel, maybe.. to Asylum?
Please post a note if you caught it.
I

True. That is extremely true. Part two whenever they get to making it.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 2, 10 1:40 AM
I've been waiting for this to start off my new punch card. This game is awesome and reminds me so much of Ravenhearst and RTR (Victor!!!). Great graphics, spooky music and great scenes and think the connection at the end with Curse of the Opera is clever. Would highly recommend this game and very well done to the developers. I give it /5
A very Limey

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 2, 10 1:41 AM
Oh! forgot to mention that I played well over 7 hours in total - very good value for money Limey

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Aug 2, 10 1:55 AM
Just played the demo, and at first i was a bit skeptical, but within a few minutes, i was really enjoying the storyline, lots of new areas of play, and good clear graphics, i was disappointed when it ended, so i will have to buy now

the only things i can think that i didn't like was that it seems to be very easy, and the HOG scenes repeat the same items to find, and they are in same locations, so i would have liked it to be more challenging, and maybe find out the game length before buying..got to recreation room, before trial ended, and had about 5-6 tapes, but being that i was really getting into it, i will still buy..

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Aug 2, 10 1:58 AM
i might add, i had a quick thought that i wouldn't be able to buy for a couple of weeks, as i don't purchase the CE's...then suddenly realised it's not...YAY...a nice change, thanks BFG! off to buy now

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 2, 10 2:22 AM

As OH was busy watching The Emirites Cup this weekend I had seen over the week a few games I was going to try about 5 in all.

Downloaded this one first and thats as far as I got, after the hour, brought it with a game credit I had, so played about 3 hrs on sat.

And then finished it yesterday afternoon after another couple of hours, and enjoyed every minute of it.

I listened to all 14 tapes because at the end im missing 1, but thought would look for it tonight.

Done the majority of puzzles more luck than skill.

Like the idea I could see in the book where to go next and find out what tasks I had to do, wheather they were in the right order or not didnt matter.

Didnt need walkthough for help sat and worked it out myself through patience and enjoyment.

I think Ive played the free hour on the Opera game but not sure so will look tonight.

But do agree this is well up there with RTR, which im still battling my way through for the 2nd time.

Definatley a buy reccomendation from me.

/5

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 2, 10 3:03 AM
Hi sherisgirl - Nightfall Mysteries:Curse of the Opera is an excellent game too, if you enjoyed Asylum Conspiracy you will definitely like the Opera
Cheers limey

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Aug 2, 10 4:21 AM
I haven't enjoyed a game this much since "Drawn". When I picked it to demo, I had no intention of buying it--(I was out of credits). When my hour was up there was NO WAY I could let it go. I bought it and never regretted it. I can hardly wait for a sequel.

The graphics were extremely good. The music was appropriately spooky and exciting depending on the scene. Having the different voices for each character was brilliant and added to the intrigue. It was also so practical to have the voices for a game this long and intricate. If I'd had to read everything, I don't know if I'd have lived long enough to finish the game. Following the story was also easier and more organized, for me. I've been known to get ahead of myself and wind up lost in the game.

The ending was also unexpected and yet appropriate. I hope a sequel is not too far away.

Thank You BFG!! Yet again you've outdone yourselves. Keep up the good work!

[Post New]by friendlyalien on Aug 2, 10 10:22 AM
Nice, LONG game. Just when you think it's over, another part begins. Good twist at the very end, tying it into the opera game from earlier.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 2, 10 11:35 AM
Just finished this game and thought that this should have been the first game and "Curse of the Opera" the follow-up game. So this game is more of a prequel than a sequel. hmmmm....

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Aug 2, 10 1:21 PM
I did the whole "Nightfall mysteries ...... hmm wonder if they have anything to do with each other," and thankfully they did. Now since BFG promised a new game every day, let's face it, that's a lot of games to have to come up with. The well hasn't exactly been overflowing lately, so this game was a nice way to end a dry spell. If you're a member, and you're at all a fan of HoG, well worth $7. There is a little implied cruelty, but no nudity (that I can remember) in this game - unless creepy 1/2 dressed dolls count. This one is kid-playable, but isn't kid subject material. Make sure the little tykes are at least in double digits please.

I'm a total HoG addict so this was bought the instant the demo ran out. *fin smack* Gotta get the fix. That being said, darn you Felix, I'm still waiting on the email so I can have my membership award fish.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Aug 2, 10 3:24 PM
Love this game, even with the creepy spiders! A few scenes made me jump, but - who cares? I was very entertained!
So out of five from me!

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on Aug 2, 10 6:55 PM
Bought if without the hour freeplay. I loved Curse of the Opera so how could I lose. Great graphics and sound effects. However, I did find it a little easier then Opera. Good thing too since on my first go at Opera it took what seemed forever. Can't wait for the next installment.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Aug 3, 10 8:13 AM
enjoying the game but think for an expensive game its a bit of a cheat having to find the same items when you return to a room youve done before,also too few items to look for and too easy to find

Go to: