Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal

[Post New]by Lesboop on Aug 13, 10 9:25 PM
Well, I may be in the minority, but I really didn't like this game. I thought there was way too much talking and unlike others, I found the voices, especially the "demon" really annoying. I also didn't like the fact that I felt like I was running back and forth, back and forth, between a few rooms to complete the tasks. After about the first 20-25 minutes of this, I found myself considering deleting it. I kept at it for another 20 minutes hoping that it would get better. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me.
Also, as a few others mentioned, the majority of the items that needed to be found were extremely tiny. I shouldn't have to use a magnifier through the majority of the game, but it seemed to be the case with most of the items that you had to find.
Lol, at least I didn't find the music totally annoying, but taking the other points into consideration, that didn't make up for all of my negatives.
This is one I'll have to pass on.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 15, 10 10:16 PM
I am really enjoying this game; am up to chapter 7. It is whimsical, not too hard, and the demon makes it fun. It is also a long game. I hope more of this kind is made. I don't like just seek and find HOGs. This one is amusing and I wil play it again in the other mode. Thanks BF.

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Aug 17, 10 10:25 AM
absolutely horrible game the objects are rediculously tiny had to use the hint button over and over again which I rarely use.........blah.............what a BOMB!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 17, 10 12:39 PM

Loved it , loved it, loved it!!!!

I can hardly wait for the sequel!!!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Aug 17, 10 4:27 PM
It just goes to show how a game can't appeal to everyone. Some people on here absolutely love this game. I bought this game completely by accident, thinking I had demoed it. I wish I had. I just can't stand how chatty it is. Find a few objects, have a long conversation, find a few objects, have another long conversation, find a few objects, have YET ANOTHER long conversation. And thank heavens I have that obnoxious little demon to comment on absolutely everything. I can see how some people, who don't mind so much dialogue, could really enjoy this, but I'm not one of them. I won't be finishing this one. Next time I have to be more careful before I click "Buy".

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 9:43:15 AM PST

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Aug 18, 10 4:53 PM
This was one of the most boring games I have ever played. Way to much dialogue and going from place to place. Items were to small and hard to find.

Hated this game...BORING!!!!!

Sorry I even bought it.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Aug 20, 10 12:32 PM
I bought this game, but doubt I will ever finish it. The 30th time I had to go look for something in the same three locations has done it for me.

pato5
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by pato5 on Aug 26, 10 3:28 PM
I hate this game. I am almost done but can't do it anymore. That woman waving that wand around drives me nuts. Most of the objects are so small I can't find them. It is irritating and a waste of time and money. Off to the trash barrel this one goes.

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Aug 28, 10 9:07 PM
Coronagold wrote:The demon would've been much more fun to listen to had Gilbert Gottfried done the voice...

OMG, that guy??? Just shoot me now!
LOL,
Kissy

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Sep 3, 10 4:13 PM
just finished game. loved it. greart graphics!!!!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Sep 4, 10 1:30 PM
I really like the game, but it does need some areas improved to make it a great game.

First: Make the objects bigger, or have a magnifying glass. It does take away from the game when you make things so small that the hint button has to be used all of the time.

I like the demon's voice. I really liked it when I walked away to do something and it would start making comments. That really had me laughing.

I would like to say that you (meaning the developers) have a great sense of humor!

I enjoyed the length, but the last chapter seemed to have way too much hunting for things almost cramed with things. I still enjoyed the ending just would of liked to seen it have the same interaction levels as the beginning lvls.

The length was great! There are not too many games that I can not finish in one sitting so I really enjoyed and appreciated the length.

Even with having to use hints I give this game a 4 out of 5

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Sep 4, 10 2:13 PM
pixielily wrote:I really like the game, but it does need some areas improved to make it a great game.

First: Make the objects bigger, or have a magnifying glass. It does take away from the game when you make things so small that the hint button has to be used all of the time.

I like the demon's voice. I really liked it when I walked away to do something and it would start making comments. That really had me laughing.

I would like to say that you (meaning the developers) have a great sense of humor!

I enjoyed the length, but the last chapter seemed to have way too much hunting for things almost cramed with things. I still enjoyed the ending just would of liked to seen it have the same interaction levels as the beginning lvls.

The length was great! There are not too many games that I can not finish in one sitting so I really enjoyed and appreciated the length.

Even with having to use hints I give this game a 4 out of 5

Hi Pixielilly!

Glad you liked the game and appreciated our sense of humour Thanks for kind words! If you liked demon's idle comentary, try also clicking on the demon himself. It annoys him and he makes some more comments

By the way, there is a magnifying glass - you can activate it with right mouse button or using a button located just left of the bag

Konstanty

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 8, 10 1:35 PM
When this game was first released here, I almost didn't try it out because I didn't like how the graphics looked in the screenshots. But after reading several positive reviews I decided to try the demo and I'm glad I did! The graphics are actually really nice! But something about the art style didn't work with being scaled down for screenshots.

I loved the varied environments and fun characters you got to talk to. I loved the idea of the Japanese/Chinese rats in the first chapter. There is a lot of voice acting throughout the game and it's pretty good for the most part and adds to the story. Strangely enough, Brunhilda says the wrong word a few times (voice actor is not a native English speaker, maybe?) and says "File-a-mon" instead of "Phil-a-mon" as all the other characters do. But that's a minor quibble.

The objects are very small, but not too small to get in the way of being recognizable. I found myself using fewer hints compared to other HOGs I've played, in fact. I attribute this to the art style.

There's two main minigames (the third one only appears twice) that are both fairly easy, but fun. I found myself looking forward to them whenever one popped up.

There are 10 chapters in the game and I ended up playing a chapter or two every day. Each one took me about half an hour on average, but I don't skip dialogue or minigames and rarely ever use hints so this is a fairly long game (as far as casual games go). If you "speed run" through the game, you could probably finish the whole thing in 2 hours, but that wouldn't be very fun.

In summary, I really liked the graphics, the background music, the story and the fact that you always knew what you had to do and where you had to do it (no aimless wandering). I really enjoyed the game!

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Sep 12, 10 8:38 PM
I already posted in the "best game" thread but I've now played through chapter 6 and I just have to reiterate how much I'm enjoying this game. I even called my sister and told her she HAD to try it. Turns out she already had and didn't like all the back and forth but she had the sound turned off so I told her to try it again. I absolutely love the voices, especially the demon. And I cracked up over his sassy comments when I sat idle for too long. I'm just totally impressed with all the work and attention to detail that went into this game. I've been slowing down my play so I can really check out the graphics in each scene. I especially liked the theme park and the "gods" in the temple. And I love the sound effects that go along with the clicks on the objects, e.g. 4 hens and a rooster. This isn't a "perfect" game by any means but it has so many entertaining elements that I could care less about any little annoyances. In reading the comments, I've noticed that there are very few fence-sitters...........fishies either love it or hate it. And I love it!! I'm already planning a replay soon so I can look for fun things I missed the first time.

[Post New]by dori_pk on Oct 1, 10 3:36 PM
Diana_Mc wrote:I also bought it from the developer and have finished it. BFG's offerings were very lame there for awhile.

It was generally a good game and most of the issues have been mentioned - many hunts for tiny objects (I dislike using hints), the demon's comments get really annoying when you're slow . The sparkles are generally useful since the scenes are so packed with detail that it would be very hard to sort out some of the tasks without them. No technical issues at all.

However, the game actually says "The End," although it leaves an opening for a sequel. I am so sick of these 'half-games' that this is enough to make me me upgrade it. See? You can end a game. Take note all you other developers.

It is quite lengthy at 10 chapters too and worked best for me in smaller sections. Of course, if you really hate hidden objects... .

[Post New]by StudentOfTrinity on Oct 3, 10 12:40 PM
I really like this one. It's different. It's a story first — a sort of satirical fantasy — and an HOG second. Even better, it's a hidden object game that tells a story, as opposed to the usual story that's an excuse for an HOG.

As a click-on-things-fest, it's not so different at all. It's a straight-up HOG, of the variant where you are mostly finding several of the same item, possibly spread over more than one location. (It tells you how many of the needed total are in the current location, so you don't waste time looking for things that just aren't there.) And there are a few simple mini-games at intervals. Some of the hidden items are quite small, but you get a magnifier feature, and hints that recharge quite fast. Some items are tricky to find, but none are really unfair in my opinion. So I'd say it's a well-executed, standard old-school HOG.

But where it's different is that there's a story for every little thing. It's one long string of interlinking quests, all of which have some logic to them, even if it's a bit crazy. Even the fact that you're clicking around the screen to grab things has a rationale: Brunhilda has a wand of telekinesis, so she is grabbing things from a distance with her wand. I haven't seen the basic hidden object gameplay as consistently worked into the story before, even in the most polished of titles.

And the story is good. It's quirky and wry, with a lot of amusing characters. The dialog is all well written, the voices are wildly varied and fun, and there are a lot of pretty funny lines. And it's pretty long.

If you like hidden object games at all, I'd say try the demo for this one, even if you've played a lot of them and found only a few that are really great.

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 12:42:30 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 16, 10 11:11 AM

Can not say enough positives about this game.
If you are a fan of Terry Pratchett or the Disk World games you are going to feel right at home.

This is an Adventure /HOG with the emphasis on Adventure.
The graphics are wonderfully colorful and creative.
The music with each scene is appropriate while very inventive and entertaining.
Challenging but in a very humorous way.

This is definitely a long game that will have you snickering at the characters and story.
Your "Hint Button" is actually a partner in your quest with his own comments to add along the way.
The great wit and imagination in this game is incredible and the developers stayed true to style from beginning to end with each hilarious scenario creating more laughs.
The replay on this I would imagine to be quite high as there are so many varied requests it would be hard to remember even half of them.
I ended this game with a big smile on my face and immediately went to the developers site to see when the next will be out.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 9, 10 12:18 PM
Imberis wrote:I am bummed. I really liked this game at first, but now I'm sick of it. It gets so repetitive. I just started Chapter 5, and I really don't want to do any more of it. The game is very, very well made. The scenes are drawn well and I love the little animations, like bugs or birds flying around. The voice acting, minus the main girl, is also done well. Sadly, the actual gameplay drove me nuts after a while. You find a number of the same kind of item. Then you do it again. And again. And again. Find ten pieces of cheese. Find five logs. Find seven frogs. Every single time, you just find lots of a particular item. Then sometimes you play one of four minigames. It gets tedious after a while. The writing is great, and a lot of it is really hilarious, minus when Brunhilda has to say "it is..." and a verb/adverb. The way she says it is so weird.

I already purchased the game, so maybe I just need some time away from it so I don't get too annoyed and wind up hating it.

Totally agree with you. Demo'ed the game elsewhere & then very excited once BF got it. However half way through I couldn't take it any more. Got so bored with the same thing over and over and over and over and over...the same 3 mini-games got tiresome. Would have liked more variety. I finished about half the game, then left it for about a month. I now came back to it & played a chapter a day this last week just to get it over with, as I did want to see the ending.

Overall I really liked the game, but was about 3 hours too long for me. I don't mind long dialogue & clicked through when I wanted to go faster. Hint charges quickly, so used that a lot to get through the game quicker once I got bored. I don't particularly like such small objects, but with the magnifying glass & the quick hint recharge, that was okay for me. The lack of variety was truly the big drawback for me. Would consider buying a sequel only if they add more variety & interactivity. But that's just me, obviously lots of people loved it as it.

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 12:23:59 PM PST

HanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by HanneB on Nov 14, 10 11:44 AM
Really like this game. Just had to buy after the demo. My kind of game .

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 7, 11 9:31 AM
Different kind of hidden object game, instead of old school (where the player(s) usually gets a list of items in words to look for) picture(s) of the item(s.) The graphics are a bit cartoony but good. I didn’t find the music/sounds intrusive. I found this game enjoyable to play. I might purchase this game sometime in the near future but not now. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming.

Go to: