Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Dec 8, 10 5:17 AM
I got as far as th ecastle and the gate half way up the stairs won't open... have checked the walk through and I've done everything right. It says it's open in the book, I saw it open when I pulled the lever but it's still not open. CAn't be bothered to try it all again for now.

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by jerimeri on Dec 25, 10 1:58 AM
I had the same problem as everyone else. I bought the game and when it hung up, I left it to play some of the others. Tonight I tried to uninstall, reinstall but I guess uninstalling doesn't remove all the files because the reinstalled game took me to the exact place I left off at. Glitch and all.

I would think a patch would be available by now since people have been complaining about this since August!

Any word?

[Post New]by arubaforme on Dec 29, 10 9:18 PM
Made it most of the way throught the game just fine until the tower. Saw the princess pulled the handle, a miny picture shows the grate going up, and when I went down to it it was not open. Now Im STUCK! Cecked the forum sounds like this was a recurring problem back in august This is Decmeber. Why is it not fixed. Its not so fun having to replay the whole game over

[Post New]by millineryman on Dec 31, 10 11:10 AM
I am at the end of the game in the hall with the witch the stones are in place it's time to focus the mirrors, the game will start but as soon as it is loaded the cursor freezes I have tried restarting the game several times and it freezes at the same point every time
Help!!!!

[Post New]by zzzz51 on Jan 5, 11 10:25 AM
I cannot make the cursor work, it is frozen while trying to get out of the castle door.I tried to go online and also play offline but it just stopped working. I would like to try and finish the game.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 5, 11 12:38 PM
Hi Fishies,

For issues with the game and the game's cursor freezing, it may help to run some system updates. More information can be found in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It's also possible that there is conflicting save data for the game that is causing a block. To work around this, please delete your save files and start the game again from the beginning with a new player profile.

For more information on these steps, please contact our Customer Support team.

They can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Catwm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Catwm on Feb 3, 11 11:21 AM
I just purchased the full version of this game and got all the way to the end...when...my cursor has frozen at the last chamber of mirrors with the witch and I can not complete the game. This is really a bummer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

missella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by missella on Feb 9, 11 2:09 PM
I am having some weird tech glitches with this game. For example I will get a screen and no instructions. Like finding the feathers. Didn't tell me what to find or how many. I just started clicking on things and figured it out. Now my game won't load just get book, hint, and black screen.

[Post New]by mauekat on Mar 5, 11 9:27 AM
I solved the garment tag puzzle but nothing happened. It just bounced me back out to the room. I just read that I should have gotten pruning shears when that happened for cutting the branch down. I have no pruning shears now and need the branch for the medicine. What now?

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 13, 11 10:17 AM
I read the whole thread and see a lot of problems, but no solution. The same thing happened to me, but in a different place. I was on Chapter 7 in the Tower Center and was playing the HOG, where you had to find the 15 Hooks.The screen went black in the middle of it. You only see the Inventory, Journal, and Hints. The game graphics themselves don't appear.I uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and never had a problem with a Big Fish game before.

They keep telling us to go to tech support, but there is obviously a bug in the game. Shouldn't a patch be available for it by now? Usually, when there is a problem, game companies issue patches in a matter of hours or days, not weeks.

If anyone figured out how to fix it, please report it here. Thanks.

gailssong
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by gailssong on May 7, 11 11:45 PM
WELL MYPROBLEM IS WITH THE CURSOR FREEAING. GOT ALL THE WAY TO THE CASTLE GATE AND IT FROZE. THIS IS REALLY A GOOD GAME AND LOTS OF FUN AND IT IS FRUSTRATING THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED. LIKE MANY OF YOU...IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER SO ALL THAT INFO DID NO GOOD. I RARELY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BF GAMES. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FROM THE GECKO AND IT IS ASHAME THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on May 29, 11 6:23 PM
Well I only paid $1.99 or it so I guess ya gets what ya pays for! First sign of trouble was the corrupt profile- so OK, new name/profile, 2nd sign- when I first opened under the new profile I got frozen at the "pick up the amulet stand"- no stand! ( in fact no hand to pick it up!) went out and tried again- got the stand! Went out of the game several times w/out difficulty ( little slow some times loading) til I got to the end and had to go to the walkthru and YUP! cursor is frozen have to do CTL/ALT/DEL to get out. SO......I'm guessing I have to clean everything out of my Hidden Files and down load again. Here's my issues 1) looking at this thread- the problem is NOT new and is still active , why? after all this time?
2)my service provider is pricey and I am at the low end of their scale- every time I go over my allotment- $5.00 per KB is wacked on to my bill. My $1.99 game has just become 7.99 and if I have to repeatedly download- more $$$$ which means I have less $ to buy games.

I am going to seriously rethink my commitment to BFG as part of my "lifestyle".

[Post New]by dholmes66 on Jul 14, 11 8:05 PM
The game was going great until I got to the dungeon. Now it will not let me use the cursor in the dungeon so I can not get anywhere. I ran the drfelix dianogstic program and Have a file for someone.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 13, 11 12:30 PM
I just downloaded the trial version. Thirty-five minutes in, the game froze on me. I really like this game so far and want to buy it, but I'm afraid I'll have more trouble. Control/alt/delete wouldn't work the second time so I had to turn off my computer. I'm not having the same issue with any of my other games.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 13, 11 12:58 PM
All I get is a BLACK SCREEN . went from 58 min. down to 32 min. 28 min. of so called game play and did not even get to play it. I also have 4 things in my inventory. gremlins and glitches galore considering I didn't even get to play.

[Post New]by snooze100 on Nov 12, 11 2:46 PM
Tried this game for the free hour.......... when it started it made my resolution go so large I couldn't control my computer........ switched it off........ when it came back up the game had messed up my computer so much I had to take it right back to set-up..... this is the first time I have ever had a problem with Bigfishgames.....hope it doesn't happen again.......

sksg4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sksg4 on Nov 30, 11 9:06 AM
I have been trying to play this game for over a year and still got the same problem. I have all the the right cards and stuff I need to play this game on my computer. Still can't play it. So Big Fish Please fix it or take it off the list so we can all move on. It looks likes a great game to play and I keep hoping you have fixed it and then I download it and the trouble is still there. Thank you

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 30, 11 9:37 AM
snooze100, please take a look at the following help article to make sure that the screen resolution settings on your system are set correctly (for game play);

Screen Resolution

Please get in touch with Tech Support with any further issues.

sksg4, if you've already taken a look at the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The best thing to do is to get in touch with Tech Support. You may also request an exchange/refund with our reps as well if you'd like. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by BibiBuggs on Mar 28, 12 3:43 PM
Okay, I am going to take a risk. I have been reading and reading pages upon pages of posts here on this game. What strikes me - fwiw - is I am seeing a pattern. If BF is saying that it is the computer or computer user, I respectfully question that. In my experience, (no offense BF cuz I like you guys ; you have always been very nice to me and treated me with respect ) but computer techs (in general) tend to blame the user or their computers BEFORE they will even consider the problem lies with the program or something else. I have this game on CD and have not had any problems whatsoever. Furthermore, two other friends also have the CD and have not had any problems with the issues mentioned in this forum.

The only problem I personally had is when I encountered a programming issue when I went to play the slot machine. I put in the appropriate coin (the right color), then exited out of the scene. When I went back in to complete the scene, the game told me I needed to put in the coin when I had already done so. That was very frustrating to think that this had not been considered during the creation of this game - that people exit the game at all points. Unfortunately, the only resolution was to REstart all over again. With all due respect, in this instance, this was a creator problem who did not think this though very well.

The problems you have been encountering are not all your fault, nor your computer. The game appears to have problems whether it is during downloading/installing, I do not know. But this I do know - the disc version of this game works beautifully.

BF, I sincerely believe the repeated problems laid out in this forum need rethinking because the evidence is overwhelming that this is not just computer user or PC/graphics drive error. If it is, it is a small percentage. Just my 2 cents worth.

Froze in the VERY last scene!!

[Post New]by stargazer_51 on Apr 3, 12 7:43 PM
Got all the way through this very long game, which I loved, then it froze up in the very last scene!! I tried to restart 3 times, and no change!! AARRGGHH! Dang! What to do now?? Restart, go through the whole game, then does it happen again?? These issues are getting more & more frequent and I'm very frustrated with their games and their issues!!

Go to: