Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club

[Post New]by BeckyArtImagine on Sep 4, 10 7:51 AM
I Suppose that after all of these positive comments another one is moot - but I have to chime in and jump up and down excitedly about how interested I am in this game and how thrilled I am playing it. I am an artist who loves saturated color, thought - out details, and LOTS AND LOTS OF IMAGINATION (in everything ). This fits the bill for me completely! Not only am I intrigued by the persona created in Our Girl Hero, but also by the world that all of the details indicate (what fun, can I be there, too? I'd be a really good Snark Buster!!! And I'd look great all decked out in steampunk clothes, too... Pleeeeeeeeease????? ). But mostly (call me silly if you want ) I really enjoy the fact that this is a game that gives a satisfying combination of simplicity and challenge. A lot of stuff is straightforward, and a lot of stuff CERTAINLY ISN'T ,and it makes me force myself to not hit the hint button until I find the solution, which gives me an immense feeling of pride and satisfaction that I figured out each little mystery myself, just like the character has done!!!
So WOW Alawar Games, you've thrilled and interested a girl who loves the movie The Dark Crystal (to give you an idea of what type of richness in aesthetics I'm into , and is constantly looking to NOT be bored in interactivity, WHILE I am enjoing the visual aspects of a game in an immersive challenge. THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!!!
More in the series??????? Please????????

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 7:54:58 AM PST

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Sep 4, 10 8:20 AM
I really like this game I waited this long to demo it this is a must buy and that is what I am going to do right now buy this game. I have to agree A----R games are really great games I usually buy all their games. I really engoy the FROG's games along the lines of Magic Encylopeia etc. instead of the straight HOG so if you like games like that you will love this one.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Sep 4, 10 9:37 AM
Just finished playing and I have to say this game was brilliant. - what an imagination the makers have shown. I am assuming the name comes from the poem The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll and the graphics are on a par with his incredible imagination and flights of fancy. Tthe gameplay was excellent and my brain was given a proper workout.

It goes straight into my top 10 BF games.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 4, 10 9:03 PM
I do not like FROGS, said Me. I do not like silly cartoon characters or FROGS, said Me. I do not like this game.

IMHO, of course,

Happy Gaming
Happy Labor Day

cg

[Post New]by TeeJayNT on Sep 4, 10 9:35 PM

LOVED this game...the puzzles, the colours, the characters..... but it was over too quickly!

MORE please! When is the next one due out???

Can anyone tell this new gamer what other games are even remotely like Snark Busters? The other H O Games I bought just do not compare.

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 9:36:58 PM PST

Bevwhiskey
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bevwhiskey on Sep 5, 10 5:56 AM
Great game!
Originally did not appeal to me, but rainy Saturday afternoon and Labor Day sale made me give it a try. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Enough of a challenge to keep me occupied, interesting twist on hidden object game, just great fun. Cant wait for next installment

wjnank
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by wjnank on Sep 11, 10 7:32 AM
I thought this game was great! It was different that the usual hidden object games.
I liked the humor, the games and the way it was drawn. It was also longer than many of the games offered here.
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE LIKE IT.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Sep 11, 10 8:14 PM
Great Game! enjoyed solving the puzzles etc. had to get some hints along the way though. Will play it again in a few months. I think there will be a sequel according to the note at the end.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Sep 11, 10 11:52 PM
I love this game!! The artwork is colorful, imaginative, bright and whimsical. The story matches the artwork. The puzzles are as cool and imaginative as the art. Overall Totally Fantastic! It's funny, creative, and lots of fun to play. I also love the ragtime soundtrack. It's just a perfect presentation all around.

Very quick load time for a large file game - don't know how they did that but it's MUCH appreciated. Also much appreciated is, you can guess-click on anything without penalty for too much guessing, and there's no time limit. (At least so far, I'm not quite finished the whole game yet.)

I'd recommend this game to anyone. I love the lighthearted tone and the beautiful drawings. As of just a few minutes ago, I came upon what might be my favorite gaming line ever. Mild spoiler? It's not really giving anything away. Can I quote it here? "Some of the pieces are missing. What a surprise." That one made me laugh out loud. This is an over-the-top 5-star game!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 12, 10 1:20 PM
I just finished the game and I thought it was awesome! It's a FROG, pretty similar to Flux Family Secrets as far as gameplay goes, but the real appeal for me was the unique steampunk setting. The imaginative environments and fun ragtime music really provided a great atmosphere. (I'm also a sucker for mirror/dream worlds).

I liked that for almost all of the inventory items, you had a clear indication of the room in which they could be used (they just wouldn't show up in other rooms). The puzzles were pretty fun and I completed them fairly quickly.

Pretty much the only thing I dislike about this game is the title. It just really rubs me the wrong way, for some reason. I only tried it out because of all the great reviews here, and I'm glad I did!

HELP PLEASE

[Post New]by christinewiney on Sep 15, 10 7:17 PM
I cannot get past the area that has four gong's. I see the same symbols on the pole, that is on the gongs. I have hit the gongs in the same order that in on the post. I also have tried to hit them quickly so all of them glow at the same time, I have tried to hit them in reverse.
what am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

FUN FUN

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Sep 16, 10 6:41 PM
I really loved this game. I don't like games that make you go back and forth to just do / find something, but somehow this game made me not even notice that I was doing just that. The storyline may be silly and the figures comic, but the enjoyment factor is there.

I kept telling myself that I had to stop playing and go to bed, but I had to do the next chapter before I did. Just after midnight I told myself I HAD TO STOP & GO TO BED since I had to get up at 6:00 to go to work. I didn't think that my manager would understand why I was so tired if I told her that I was playing a computer game.

I hope that there is a next game so I can again have as much fun as I did.

[Post New]by gamegamegame on Sep 17, 10 8:16 AM
this is GREAT GAME!! wow, what fun! its fun, lighthearted, good music, challenging but not impossible, just lots of fun!! GET this GAME!!! Alawar - please make more like this!!

BarbShoe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BarbShoe on Sep 18, 10 9:56 AM
I loved this game!! Just hard enough to make me think but not so hard that I could not solve the puzzles. The humor is great and the graphics were outstanding!!
Get this game if you like IHOG/FOG and want to have fun!!

[Post New]by catwhisperer13 on Sep 21, 10 6:49 PM
I absolutely LOVED this game. Not only is it fun, and humorous; it kept my interest and I found myself humming along with the music. This is a must get for anyone who loves puzzle games and HOGs. Definitely one of my all time favorites. (Just as a reference point, one of my other favorites was Madam Fate. I do like games with a little extra interest in them) By the way, what are some of Alawar's other games? This is the first one I've played.

[Post New]by fishiegamer on Sep 22, 10 7:39 PM
Great fun, cheeky.

Yes, it is definately be one for the kids, but I enjoyed it too! 5 stars for a game with with wide audience apeal.

Looking forward to the next one in the series, if there is one.

cheers

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Sep 23, 10 1:24 PM
This was a beautiful concept. The cartoon like graphics and storyline really intrigued me, but the constant searching for pieces was a little too much for me. I don't mind hidden objects, but findiing parts of items got too tedious for me. I would prefer to search for whole hidden objects as oppossed to parts of objects that clutter up an otherwise beautiful scene and are not "hidden" They were simply thrown around the scenes. I realize that is my personal preference, but for me it ruined an otherwise wonderful concept. out of five

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Sep 24, 10 5:17 PM
This game is a hoot... Even though it is a FROG, not my favorite, the game is fun to play. The art work and caricatures are exceptional.

Did I mention that it is a fun game?

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 5:17:54 PM PST

[Post New]by flyonawall on Sep 27, 10 11:58 PM
Whatever you may not like will quickly fade by the factor on this one!!!
I give it / five
Never posted before but this was so cute I just had to share - Enjoy!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Sep 29, 10 3:57 PM
This game had me hooked and entertained right up to the
*crashbangboom hitabrickwall sosuddenitsnotfunny* END.
Why, oh, why ruin a perfectly good game with sly humor, well-done graphics and an intriguing mysterious story by just having it END. Plop.
No feeling of completeness, no sense of accomplishment, no satisfaction at having attained a goal. I would have been satisfied if there had even been some advancement toward the goal, but no. Even old cheesy RPG games with pixel characters that you spend 70 hours on to see a cartoon cutscene while the credits and end music run at least make you feel you earned something at the end. I feel like all my effort was wasted just to play an advertisement for the next installment. And be aware that I don't intend to buy the next one. Or the next. I haven't been this mad since Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle.

Go to: