bratmamma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Robin's Quest: A Legend Born

[Post New]by bratmamma on Sep 2, 10 5:13 PM
amj0963 wrote:i have to say that this may be one of the best games i have played all summer. it is funny, the characters are quirky. i have only played about 45 minutes and i have only found 8 posters out of 62 so the game will have some length to it.

the graphics are clear, the music makes you feel like you are in medieval times, the voice acting is excellent. in the beginning you have to escape from jail and leave the castle. i sat and listened to the two guards and it was so fun, just like i was there eavesdropping on their conversation. if you start to play don't get their attention for a few minutes and listen to them they are too funny.

you start off with 5 hints but if you use a hint you collect fireflies to replenish them. the objects are easy to find, however they are not time specific unless dominoes was around back then.

there are 2 game modes, casual and adventurer, i am playing in casual as i want to take my time, so i think the adventurer might be timed. there is a custom cursor option as well. when you play the game make sure you move your mouse over everything as some things may be hidden in trees and beehives and places like that.

i am actually going to give this game 5 out of 5

bratmamma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bratmamma on Sep 2, 10 5:20 PM
Actually this is a question.....amj0963 says that there are two levels for this game. But I cannot see two levels...only one... Am I missing something? I think the game is loses it in places, like Friar Tuck's pardon...why didn't they include a mini puzzle to put the pieces together??
And the puzzle at the stream uncovered by the ox. Why was that soooo easy? All that was needed was to get a rod that was missing. Why wasn't the puzzle more interesting?
I read several kudos and went ahead and bought this game. I thought that maybe the "adventurer" level would be more interesting...but now I cannot find another level..

Does anyone know why? Or am I missing something?

[Post New]by sweetkitten6 on Sep 2, 10 10:34 PM
While the graphics were stunning, and the music was nice...I finished the game within a few hours. Oddly enough, I am not normally a fan of HOG's, this one caught my eye, so I purchased it. Didn't expect to finish it so quickly though

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 4, 10 8:56 AM
I am very much a sloooow player, so found myself surprised
that I was well in chapter 5 at the end of demo, but that
will still give me 3 hours or more at this pace.

Big plus, I'm HAVING FUN. So far only one hint and
one trip to walkthrough. (Just never saw where market was)
Mini games like making the pie are usually hard for me since
I don't do well with timing issues, but managed to do this
with not too many retries. So hoping they are not a problem
later, I'm off to buy this on the sale.

Should also add, good graphics, really enjoying the period music,
and the voice acting is fabulous.

WildGreed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WildGreed on Sep 4, 10 2:50 PM
I really enjoyed the graphics and story line of this game. However I played the challenging version and really did not find it challenging at all. For the amount of time that must have been put into making the game and I finished it in under two hours it was kind of disappointing. I hope they can make some kind of sequel with it using her son or something.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 4, 10 4:09 PM
I actually liked this game. I read the mixed reviews, but I played just to see what it was like. I played in the "advanced" mode, but there were still little sparkle hints. However, it was just generally a pleasant game. Not too exciting, but fun to play. The puzzles were easy. The hidden object scenes were also pretty easy. I liked that the game showed an "area cleared" banner once you finished a scene. I think what I liked most was the general atmosphere and the music. The story was fine, although I did find the "twist" on the Robin Hood story to be a little odd.

Overall, I didn't find the game very challenging at all, but it was fun to play for a nice change of pace.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 4, 10 4:25 PM
WildGreed wrote:I really enjoyed the graphics and story line of this game. However I played the challenging version and really did not find it challenging at all. For the amount of time that must have been put into making the game and I finished it in under two hours it was kind of disappointing. I hope they can make some kind of sequel with it using her son or something.

Even after you've seen the closing credits, you can go back into the game under the same profile.

Check your Journal by clicking on the book icon in the lower right, then check the Progress Page.

Most people who say they "finished" the game in less than 3 hours only completed the required Quests--they didn't do all the optional tasks like collecting all the Wanted Posters and the Gold Caches, and earning the archery trophies.

The Progress Page will show you if you still have any of these optional activities left to do.

Completing all of the optional activities just about doubles the length of the game.

So you may have a good bit more to do, even if you've finished the Quests--it's worth checking.

Note that when you have completed all of the optional activities, every location will say Area Clear at the top except for the Market and the Town Center. These two never say "area clear" because you can still talk to the people there even if it's just repeating the conversatnoi.

Anyway, congratulations for finishing the Quests! But you may find you have a good bit of play left to actually finish the game.

Robin

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 5:11:34 PM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 6, 10 9:37 PM
Loved this game! Nice change of pace, loved the light and easy atmosphere, the characters, the animation and the mini-games. Enjoyed the archery contests and that it made you think without being too difficult. H.O. scenes were easy but you did have to search for items. Hints were easy to attain. Music was great and the voice acting was engaging.

One issue: played in Advanced mode, but it still gave the tutorial and provided sparkly areas.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Sep 7, 10 9:24 AM
This very quickly became my favorite game of all the more than 40 games I've gotten from BFG! Love that it has a woman heroine, love that it was based on one of my favorite books from childhood (I always KNEW he had a mom!), loved that Maid Marian was a little girl (cute ), and loved the fireflies.

Cons: Didn't like the distraction of Robin's voice at every turn. Was cute the first play, but got old after playing more than 3 or 4 times (which I did within the first week I had it ). Didn't know what I was supposed to do with all the gold I collected. I wanted to donate it to the little priest that opened a soup kitchen, but there was no option for it. Would have liked to interact more with the characters.

This game gets 5 of 5 !

Kat

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 7, 10 9:00 PM
most enjoyable, slightly different, fun

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Sep 8, 10 6:44 AM
I beta tested this one and loved it,couldn't wait for it to come out. Wonderful graphics,storyline and music! This is one of the better games I have played this summer!

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Sep 8, 10 7:18 PM
Just finished the game. Loved it. Just challenging enough since I am not an intense player. I play just for fun and this was fun. Smooth play without glitches that got me hung up. Searches are easy and mini-puzzles fairly easy. The best is the game lets you know when an area is clear. You don't waste time looking for something that isn't there.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Sep 10, 10 3:25 PM
I am in seventh heaven I finished 3 fantastic games,this is the last one .,I still have 2 left in my desktop and I am back to start my fourth .So far i have loved all of them .I wonder if by any chance BF has a part time job for me .because I am really hooked ,

[Post New]by ambernbrandon on Sep 11, 10 12:24 PM
This game was great! The "area clear" was so helpful and things were easy to find and use...probably too easy as I probably didn't have to buy it and could have beat it in the 1 hour trial lol

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Sep 11, 10 7:48 PM
This game is delightful! I really enjoy the brightness and humor of this one. The characters were fun and it wasn't too difficult so I didn't need to keep checking with the walkthrough. I appreciated the fact that you were informed when an area was clear also so you could go ahead knowing you were on track. Great game!

inkybitz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by inkybitz on Sep 15, 10 6:33 AM
I'm playing the demo of Robin's Quest at the moment and quite enjoying it so far. Just 2 little complaints though - it is a bit too easy for my liking and the accents!!! I am originally from Nottingham, England and the accents are not even close - in fact, they are clearly a scottish accent, which is a different country you know.....lol.

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Sep 15, 10 11:31 AM
If your looking for a hard, challenging game, this may not be your cup of tea. If you are looking for awesome graphics, straightforward gameplay, and a relaxing, fun time, this is a great one. The storyline made sense, the archery competitions were fun, and the length of the game was great.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 17, 10 11:30 PM
Just finished the game and it was so much fun! I loved the setting and all of the little hidden items (wanted posters and gold caches) you could find in each scene outside of the hidden object scenes. I especially appreciated the "All Clear" that pops up in rooms you've found everything in!

I had fun with the archery mini-game but wish I could play the competitions again. I hit all of the targets but only got two bullseyes for the final competition and wanted to improve on that.

Having each of the Merry Men join you one by one was very satisfying, and I liked that you could use their skills at different points.

The puzzles and hidden object scenes were all very easy, so if you're looking for a challenge... you won't find one in this game. It had a really enjoyable story, atmosphere and sense of humour, which made it more than worth playing for me.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Sep 18, 10 8:26 PM
Played the demo, loved it and bought it. No regrets. A great game and worth the price.

frankib
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by frankib on Sep 19, 10 8:25 AM
A nice game fairly easy play
good graphics
dont know about sound I switch it off
easy to follow story
overall worth a play

Go to: