The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven technical issues here only

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Feb 22, 11 1:44 PM
Like many of you I have just suffered the glitch with the winch. I didn't have the wire and when I came back from finally finding it, I couldn't get back to the close up of the winch. I am so disappointed.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 18, 11 6:27 AM
I also had the problem of not being able to zoom in on the winch to repair the wire and tape it, after I left the close up. So what's the verdict? Is there a patch for the game or not. This is really unacceptable being told to start the game over. Don't tell me to start the game over and waste my time. Fix the bug! What's the problem here? There is a known bug for months that affects tons of people and they don't have the common courtesy to provide a fix pronto. I never heard of this before. Shareware is better supported than this. It was such a good game, too and now I am stymied and can go no further. Very disappointing and very unprofessional.

Now that I vented, even if there is no patch, is there a way to edit the xml profile file? Many times you can edit that to go back in the game a bit. This way when you restart it, it would be before you started to assemble the winch. Then you can assemble it properly and move on. Or you could edit it to say you completed the winch properly. This would prevent you from having to play the game over from the beginning.

And that's the name of that tune.

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 2:11:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 19, 11 2:52 AM
Update on not being able to return to the Winch Mini-Game problem:

I found the XML profile file that is used in the game, but couldn't figure out how to edit it properly to allow me to zoom in on the winch and complete the puzzle. For those who are interested, you can find your profile here:

C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\ERS Game Studios\Redemption Cemetery - Curse of the Raven\Beta\data

Note that for [Your Name], it should actually be the name you use on your computer. Also, note that the AppData folder is normally hidden. If you have it hidden, then in any folder, go to the menu, and select Tools/Folder options/, and then click the View Tab. Towards the top, under Hidden files and folders, make sure that Show hidden files, folders, and drives is checked and click OK.

Also, note that the game data is in a folder called Beta; so I guess that means we are playing a Beta version of the game. For those unfamiliar, Beta means a pre-release version of the game that doesn't have all the bugs fixed yet.

The name of the file you wants is: [Your Profile Name]_state.xml
For instance, when I created my profile, I used the name Fontana, so the name of my profile file is Fontana_state.xml.

You would normally edit this file with Notepad. Right-click the file and select Open with... Notepad. There is a line in there that reads:

<State Name="MINI_GAME_18_MOTOR_CURRENT_STATE" Value="FINISH"/>

I edited that line, but it didn't fix the problem. There are about 20 references to that Mini-Game in the file and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. But it would be an easy task for a programmer. So it would have been nice for someone to post how to edit that file, so we wouldn't have to replay the game.

Anyway, it's a good game, so I started it over and was able to get back to the winch in about 40 minutes. This time, I exited the game and then made a copy of my profile file. Then I started the game and completed the Winch puzzle properly. This was basically the third to last step you need to finish Novella 1.

So even though I didn't find a fix, what I do now is periodically quit the game, and make a copy of my profile file. This way, if I encounter another bug, I won't have to start over, but can go back to my last profile backup.

You can make a copy of the profile file, by following the directory structure above, and then copying and pasting the profile file in the same folder.

I hope this helps.

[Post New]by dlb512 on Apr 24, 11 12:35 PM
i've never posted in a blog before but i am so mad. just bought curse of the raven and it is completely locked up. I moved the barrel but never broke it and the hammer is now gone so I can't put out the fire and the whole game is now locked up. I can't do anything in any room. I've never had this problem with any other game before. $9.99 down the drain and will never buy an ERS game again.

[Post New]by deathhead on Jul 1, 11 8:33 PM
sacnfox wrote:I have the 4172 code but cannot get the safe to open. Checked the Walkthrough instructions and have done everything correctly. Any advice?

same problem any solutions yet?

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Aug 2, 11 3:50 PM
Purchased the DD. Playing the game & began having problems where the game crashed/quit working. Happened several times. Have uninstalled & and now reinstalling. Hopefully this will correct the problem.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 6, 11 8:23 AM
dlb512 wrote:i've never posted in a blog before but i am so mad. just bought curse of the raven and it is completely locked up. I moved the barrel but never broke it and the hammer is now gone so I can't put out the fire and the whole game is now locked up. I can't do anything in any room. I've never had this problem with any other game before. $9.99 down the drain and will never buy an ERS game again.

I guess that's why it's listed at $2.99 today! Glad I just downloaded the demo and didn't purchase it outright!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 6, 11 8:30 AM
Dominick_Fontana wrote:
Anyway, it's a good game, so I started it over and was able to get back to the winch in about 40 minutes. This time, I exited the game and then made a copy of my profile file. Then I started the game and completed the Winch puzzle properly. This was basically the third to last step you need to finish Novella 1.

So even though I didn't find a fix, what I do now is periodically quit the game, and make a copy of my profile file. This way, if I encounter another bug, I won't have to start over, but can go back to my last profile backup.

You can make a copy of the profile file, by following the directory structure above, and then copying and pasting the profile file in the same folder.

I hope this helps.

Interesting that the problem comes 40 minutes into the game; that way there is no way it can show up on the demo! I'll consider that (and other problems reported) when (and if) I consider purchasing it!

[Post New]by jolliemum on Aug 25, 11 10:43 AM
OK I've finally had it with this game. Right from the beginning there were problems with trying to activate it, but I did finally manage that. Then it kept freezing and crashing and corrupting the profile so I had to start all over again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 5 times, been through all the error message stuff, run it as administrator, run is as Windows XP version (I have Windows 7 - changed from Vista because of all the problems I had with that) and I've even created a file for Dr Whatshisname and sent it off to Fish ... got a reply but it said that they were SO busy they didn't have time to read it and pointed me towards the error message stuff again! Thanks!

I REALLY like this game (even though I've only managed to get as far as the burning first floor) and I REALLY want to play it. And I'm REALLY annoyed I've paid for this and can't play it. and at last I'm going to dump it and uninstall it for good.

I even tried downloading the CE to see if that was any better - but guess what, I can't even Activate this one either.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 25, 11 11:12 AM
Hey jolliemum,

It sounds like you may have received an automated response, but you can simply reply back to that message to let us know that the issue you're experiencing still hasn't been resolved and a rep should respond back shortly.

In the meantime, please take a look at the following help article to see if a quick update to your computer might help with this game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please make sure that you've replied to that email so that one of our Tech reps can assist you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 5, 11 2:12 PM
It's now Sept., 2011, and I've come to this game forum seeing if there's been a patch or update to fix the winch problem, and as usual with an ERS game, NOTHING.

ERS is notorious for ignoring problems with their games. Rarely if ever have I seen them fix problems that plague many many players. Obviously they are making enough money churning out games (and enough ppl don't have problems) that they feel they can ignore problems.

I have been unofficially 'boycotting' ERS games for a while now (since most of them run like molasses on my PC, and are therefore unplayable. This one doesn't have that problem, but other problems). Now I'm thinking I will officially boycott ERS games until they start giving a d*** about their customers.

It is not BFG's fault, w/ problems like this (game glitches) it is the DEVELOPERS who have to fix it, and if the developers choose to ignore it, BF's hands are tied.

jgpullensr
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jgpullensr on Sep 27, 11 3:36 PM
I'm having serious problems with this game. First off, I had played it in the past and really enjoyed it. That was before the computer crash. In fixing the crash, I had the funds to replace the motherboard and CPU with newer technology, etc, etc.I was able to save most of my files on the hard drive but had to reload a few of my BF games.I have fiddled with the screen settings a bunch of times. The regular screen couldn't be any more perfect. Colors great, contrast great, yada, yada, yada. HOWEVER, when I start this game it is DARK! Can't see very much at all, especially around the edges. So I close the game, go back to the screen settings, mess with those a bit, save settings and reopen the game. IT'S STILL JUST AS DARK AS I STARTED WITH! In this condition the game is almost unplayable. I'm almost to the point of deleting it and forgetting I ever bought it.

Anyone have any suggestions that may be of help? I'm open to trying anything that may help.

TIA, Jim

[Post New]by roxie1171 on Oct 16, 11 8:14 PM
I too have had problems with the game being slow, etc. But my biggest problem is that when I get to the winch and go to put the gears in my computer blacks out and I get a message that it is detecting a problem and is shutting the game off. Please help! If I can't get this game to work I'm going to want my $ back. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, checked my video card and nothing seems to work.

Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven stops before novella 3

[Post New]by dubbarob on Oct 29, 11 10:09 PM
Ipad version, game was frustrating with glitches during multi objects functions like the will at end of novella 2 - feather would not go into inkwell after it was used over the paper with the hourglass sand. I just moved the envelope around and the sequence suddenly said it was done. Then back at the gate I did get the key to open it, but the game said it was completed... never went into novella 3. I don't think I will play this again any time soon just to get to novella 3.

[Post New]by kahlan89 on Nov 1, 11 7:13 PM
I too don't want to replay the whole game just to see if novella3 opens. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by kahlan89 on Nov 1, 11 7:14 PM
Arrrrgh

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 7:15:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Nickkky on Feb 3, 12 7:27 AM
Major bug after version 1.0.1 collector edition on the iPhone. It cannot reset. Pls fix it. If I want to play it from the beginning. I Jane to erase it and down load again. Pitty for such a great game.

[Post New]by jodavis69 on Feb 25, 12 8:03 AM
Is novella 3 not available on the iPad version? Have bought this game for my iPad, have loved playing it but can't find a way into novella 3 am told the game is finished do I want to play again after finishing novella 2.

CE version for iPhone glitch

[Post New]by karmacitadel on Feb 25, 12 8:49 PM
Just downloaded the CE version on my iPhone 4 today. Got through novella 1, started novella 2, and found a bug in the kitchen hidden object search. Basically, if you get the postcard in your list of objects to find? You're out of luck. The game will not let you click on it no matter what you try. I know I'm trying the right object (since some of these games purposely make the hidden object searches ambiguous) because the hint repeatedly shows me what to tap.

So basically this means I paid $3 for a game I can't complete. I even tried deleting it and reinstalling it, so here's hoping I didn't get double-charged for it. Any ideas, devs?

[Post New]by sunshinegoddess on Apr 30, 12 10:04 AM
I am stuck in the room trying to use the owl statuette to break the window. There is no way it's working. Another glitch to fix.

Go to: