RickWorr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by RickWorr on Jun 22, 11 12:46 PM
Desperately awaiting a My Kingdom 3----Is there any hope or forecast for another one?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 22, 11 2:48 PM
Hi RickWorr!

If we hear anything about a third MKFTP, we'll be sure to post something in the Forums to let everyone know!

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to be following Mudrock, as his weekly posts are always full of info about upcoming releases.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

4plc1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by 4plc1 on Jun 22, 11 7:24 PM
LOVE this game. more please, soon

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 1:49 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Aug 16, 11 1:22 PM
I love this game and I'm glad to see there "are" plans for a third one.

I have a comment, though. I played this II before I and did not find a huge functional difference, while game and levels seem to take quite a long time to load when compared to 1st one, which loads really fast on the same computer.

I just hope version III does not take more to load, even though I would wait... a little bit!

mM

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 1:24:20 PM PST

[Post New]by PotionLover on Aug 19, 11 5:34 AM
Really love this game!! It's an unusual type of TM (at least for me) since it involves a great deal of strategic thinking and planning -- makes it tough buit I really like that. It feels as if your brain is truly engaged in the game, not just your mouse-clicking finger. I like having to think carefully about which resources to spend on what, when to use them, which direction to start working in, and so on.

The gameplay is fast and challenging, and while I am not fond of the mini-games they're not too annoying and if you fail to finish one it has no effect on the game -- just hit "no" when it asks if you want to replay and go on to the next level. I liked that! And at least they're not HOG mini-games.

I do wish this game had a "relaxed" mode, that's my only complaint in fact. It would really be fun to be able to take your time in some of these settings and finish the level without the constant time pressure. It's the only real flaw in the game.

Visually and graphically, it's lovely, with constantly changing settings, cozy, old-style buildings and even some cute snakes, ghosts, and specters. (A side issue that annoys me in this game and a few others is that bats are "evil" in this game - come on folks, bats are harmless and endangered and it's time to stop perpetrating the ignorance).

[Post New]by JLR123 on Oct 1, 11 3:19 PM
The game is cute but that announcer is driving me around the bend. It's like he's taunting me when I don 't have enough and then he tells me to build something I don't have enough gold for! I'm embarassed to say I'm starting to swear back at him.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 5, 11 7:25 PM
I liked My Kingdom for the Princess, so I picked this one up. The graphics are significantly nicer IMO. I finished with expert on every level and all of the gold trophies.

- Difficulty level is challenging without being frustrating. I was a little concerned when I had to repeat a level on Island 2 a couple of times to get the expert time, but I breezed through Island 3 and took under 5 tries to get expert for the rest of the levels in the game (usually 1 or 2).
- Arcade levels provide a nice break between the standard gameplay. They are really basic, but I liked the change of pace.
- It's a simple game, but there are a lot of strategic elements to it. There are different types of buildings that can be upgraded, and you have to choose the best order to upgrade them. There's a good variety of bonuses with significantly different effects, and they're not all available in each level, and charge times for each vary with each level too. The usage of these bonuses is often the key to getting the expert time.

Dislikes:
- A couple of more challenging levels appeared early in the game (on Island 2). Would have preferred a continuous ramping up of difficulty. (Yeah, it's a minor quibble.)

The Bottom Line:
Fun road building TM game that is a solid improvement on its predecessor. Surprisingly strategic for such a simple game and levels are of the perfect difficulty level (for a casual game).

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Oct 19, 13 10:55 AM
graphics too busy, voice over irritating, no relax mode. not impressed big fish

Edited on 10/19/2013 at 10:55:54 AM PST

Go to: