sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy

[Post New]by sue2610 on Sep 10, 10 4:35 PM
this is the worst game ever! i play HOG daily but this one i had to keep the walkthrough up constantly, the cursor drove me mad, and some of the objects were so dark and virtually invisible! i wish id read the reviews before buying it! iv deleted before completing it first time ever!

SnappyPeas
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SnappyPeas on Sep 11, 10 9:13 AM
I like it alot. I'm frustrated though. I'm at the part where you collect the coins... I see the last coin. Yet no matter how many times I click on it, it won't pick up. I've given up on completing it because of this.

ddtp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ddtp on Sep 12, 10 3:06 AM
I agree with a lot of the less complimetary posts about the toolbag popping up and down all the time, and the annoying bit of having to change between bits all the time. I also find the screen scrolling when I want to look at the clues bar a pain, and being a grammar and spelling nazi there are a few doozies! I understand English may not be the first language, and I only speak one other a little, but to market in a large English-based site, surely somebody could proof-read!
But the WORST bit for me is trying to put the crocodile's eyes in - I haven't yet found the exact pixel (and there must only be ONE) that allows that. Considering you are holding a gem that just about covers the whole head, it's impossible to see where exactly it is meant to go. Very frustrating when you know what to do, and this isn't the easiest game I've ever played, and it won't let you. I may have to put off finishing until this is fixed.
It's also disconcerting to have to move on numerous steps and screens while there are still bits to be completed in the earlier screens, and it doesn't let you go back until all the new stuff is sorted.
Overall it's a challenging game, and as many people have said, almost gets it right. I hope there is an update soon to overcome the major problems.

[Post New]by brightlyiburn on Sep 12, 10 5:03 AM
My husband and I just finished trying the demo. It was truly awful. We have the same complaints as everyone else, but as a writer I wanted to add one thing for the developers.

Guys, never assume people won't realize where you're stealing from. If you think no one has noticed how Seawise Chronicles = Spiderwick Chronicles, you're wrong.

You even write your chapter titles in the exact same IN WHICH (enter rest of sentence here) structure. Don't do things like that, it's wrong and it's disrespectful to the people you're asking for money from.

bjwhitt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bjwhitt on Sep 12, 10 10:01 AM
I actually enjoyed this game and found it much more challenging that some others I've played. At least I didn't finish it 2 hours after I bought it. It took me the better part of 3 days (maybe I'm just slow). If, in fact, this is the 1st venture by this developer, I think they did a heck of a job. And I for one will look forward to a sequal.

maxpatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxpatch on Sep 13, 10 6:57 PM
stupid game,the walkthoughts aint much help.you should updated this game,so it will make it easier for plpl,or give us a free game credit,terrbile game,and i have been buying big fish games for years,,and yes i do like most of them,this game ie ok,but like i said lifted your game,and make it easier,

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 14, 10 5:30 AM
chall0308 wrote:This is the worst game i've ever wasted my money on. Nothing works. I keep having to esc and start back up. I think i'm just going to ask for a refund and I better get it. I've been a fish for more than 5 years, and this is the worst experience with bfg that i've ever had. What is the worst thing is how long this game has been out and there has been no fix for the multiple issues reported by so many. Do you even care how many customers you have dissapointed with this game? And the lack of response by bfg shows a lack of interest in your customer experience. THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE~~

Ok so you don't like the game. Fair enough; personally I love it but its all a matter of taste. But to accuse BFG of having no interest in their 'customer experience' and not caring if people are disappointed is unfair and unjust. BFG have probably the best reputation amongst game sites for their customer service department. In my experience, if you mail them with any problems not only will they do their utmost to resolve the issue, most likely you will get a credit as well without having to ask for one.

And I think the recent outcry over the lack of a skip button in 'My Kingdom For The Princess 2' proves beyond doubt that BFG take notice of their customers comments, since a new version was produced with a skip button.

I assume you played the demo with no problems and liked it enough to buy it. The fact that your problems with the game started after you bought it is not the fault of BFG. If you mail them you will get a credit and perhaps better luck with your next purchase.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 14, 10 5:50 AM
'Worst game ever', 'terrible', 'truly awful'....hmmm, am I playing the same game? I love this one; lovely graphics, no irritating sparkles showing you exactly what to do (where's the challenge in that?), objects well hidden but not impossible to find, bright and clear (not dark at all on my screen) and it's a FROG, which is just my cup of tea!

Cursor perhaps could have been disabled but not really an issue, dialogue goes on a bit but can be skipped, inventory/tools bag idea is unusual and does take some getting used to but is a change from having lots of items to scroll left/right through. I would agree that the 'pop up and down' clues/inventory bar does get irritating but can be locked in place.

I used a credit for this one after several days of finding nothing worth buying. And yes I did read the reviews before I tried it; I guess it just shows you can't judge by simply reading what other fishies think!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 14, 10 10:04 AM
AAARRRGGHH!
I initially gave this an OK review but now I'm cross! I was at the gryphon, I couldn't find a piece so I kept exploring as the rest of the game had taught me to do. I went through a gate and suddenly I was in the end section of the game and it wouldn't let me go back to complete the earlier section! I'd had a couple of minor glitches, as others have reports, but they seemed to fix themselves after a day. This one won't. PATCH PLEASE!!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 14, 10 10:18 AM
Boy, that was disappointing. I hung in there for about 40 minutes inspite of the cartoon figures, the kid-like writing, the japanese like graphics, the terrible music...but it just didn't have a direction. It had no "wow" to it at all. It was irritating and I was looking forward to it, especially just having come back from the dentist. This design group did a poor job..the only positive I can give it is that the hint button flashed back fast enough to almost keep you in the game....almost. BIg Fish..this one you should have said no to.

pattb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pattb on Sep 14, 10 11:02 AM
Wow...I just finished this game, and yes it was frustrating,the cursor definetly needs work with to much time spent trying to retrieve objects that you know are there. The pop up clue/inventory bar drove me crazy,you could lock it but then it covered items you are looking for. I didn;t mind the bag...thought it was a change. I was glad that the hint option recharged rapidly....I felt the walkthrough was very poor and more of a hinderance then a help so had to look elseware. I enjoyed the graphics (goblins,sea dragons etc.) this could have been a very good game.....right up there with the best.....with more work!!!.....of note I would buy a sequel after trialing it to see if BF listened to our reviews/comments.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Sep 16, 10 6:43 PM
I'm sick and tired of hunting. The walkthrough says use a shovel and tells where but the shovel is not available to me at the place the walkthrough says. This is one game I wish I'd never bought. Thumbs down to the gamemakers. Can't find all the pieces. They are either too small or it's a wild goose chase. The *&^&* clue keeps pointing to the pieces in the water a blind person could see but can't get too. Dump, dump, this game goes to the dump.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 17, 10 11:18 AM
I wanted to like this game; however, it was a huge disappointment. The graphics are anime which was nice. However,some sceens can be incredibly dark (such as Hobbit village and Cyclops cave). The hint system was terrible.The main character is interesting in the beginning. He gets boring fast. Sadly good graphics can't save this game.

This is C. Demo before you buy.

[Post New]by Sillyfsh on Sep 20, 10 9:30 AM
I bought this game, & it is so fustrating that I could scream, even with the walkthru.
Half the time, the cursor does not work right, the bottom part of the screen {where the clues,tools, & inventory are} keep coming up so much that its rough to play!! Bad choice to buy!!!!! very disappointing!!!!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 20, 10 4:08 PM

Mixed review. First the bad:

The characters are cartoons but it's not really a kid's game. Some of the objects are VERY hard to find; thank goodness the hints load fast. Some of the puzzles are so illogical or obscure that I needed the walk-through several times (and I've been playing these games a long time). The story jumps around a lot: it's not until you move on to somewhere else that you find out the intervening info, which is pretty bizarre. For example, you are finding stuff that someone has asked for before you've even met them. It's glitchy, getting stuck on things, e.g. by the goblin door it kept sticking for me with the blue symbols up, I'd leave it a day or two and it would fix itself; and the first time around I got to the tree kingdom and it wouldn't let me go back to the gryphon, I had to start all over as a new player to get that bit to work. I agree that the constantly-popping-up bottom bar is irritating, especially in those scenes where you have to scroll the screen down. I also found I kept hitting "Options" instead of inventory as the thing moved.

Now the good:

It's intricate and tricky and some of the puzzles were quite challenging and of a kind I've seldom seen before.

All in all I'd suggest buying this with a credit.

lluvia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lluvia13 on Sep 22, 10 10:08 PM
i bought the game its not so bad....
for the god of me ive been stock with the suit case for 2 days
i do everything it tells me pero nada...nothing happens...
if some one has finish the game o nows plse help thank u
very much

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Sep 24, 10 10:33 AM
I have one word to say about this game. "WHEW"

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Sep 27, 10 3:39 AM
Normally, this would be the sort of game I'd buy. However, I'm irritated to death with it already and I'm not even through with the free trial. While the art is lovely and the soundtrack is less irritating than most, the game play itself is a bother. First, the talking parts are way too long. Second, the hint system is a complete wash. It's basically useless if you've got an item that's behind, under or trapped by something else. Third, the "Clues" do not list everything you've got to pick up in order to work a scene. At the magician's house, you need something to get rid of the spider's webs and something to dig up the garden, neither of which you're informed about or are part of your inventory. Fourth, you have to click around all over the screen in order to find things that need to be moved, because they don't always light up when you cursor over them.

And, finally, would it kill game makers to hire someone who actually speaks English as a first language to write the captions? Some of the narrative and dialogue verged on the nonsensical. In this day and age, if you can't at least find a freelancer to edit and make sense of whatever language you've chosen to write in, you're just not looking hard enough.

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Sep 27, 10 4:20 PM
jerimeri wrote:I'm playing the 60 minute trial and have spent the better part of that hour stuck where the goat boy is. I cannot pick up anything in the water. When I click on "hints" it shows me one of the underwater items - which I cannot pick up. I'm usually really good at these games.

I realize this is an older post...did you ever find out the reason the cursor won't pickup water pieces etc.??? can't dig hole with shovel either???

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Sep 27, 10 6:26 PM
yesssssss....still stuck but the game is working fine now..... tyvm for all your comments etc. fishies

Go to: