dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by dlb628 on Sep 4, 10 8:41 AM
I don't think I can put it any better than Leaty has. But I'll add my 2 cents.

Brilliant graphics and a great music. Gameplay for me was somewhat hit and miss, and often felt more like a chore than playing. Also, I really wouldn't recommend the Collector's Edition to anyone who isn't dying for some Drawn wallpaper. It may be less extra money than it used to be, but it's stll extra money. There isn't a strategy guide, there isn't even a map (and yes, you will need one), and the bonus area would have taken me about 30 minutes to complete if I hadn't gotten hopelessly lost (which didn't add anything to my gameplay experience).

Devoted fans will probably still want the Collector's Edition for completion's sake, but honestly, I don't think the bonus content was really worth it. The game itself is very good, but not great. There are parts of this game I really loved, but unfortunately, those parts don't add up to a well-loved whole.

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 8:41:41 AM PST

tarto
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tarto on Sep 4, 10 9:15 AM
[/i] i have to congratulate all the team responsible for making this game, it was pure genious, how ever long must it have took to make? absolutely brilliant to play, the graphics were a million to 1, makes a lot of other games look really bad, so once again well done.

[Post New]by babycheds on Sep 4, 10 9:16 AM
Have just finished drawn:dark flight. really ,really excellent game. music beautiful, and the change of melody throughout was a brilliant idea.

I was so pleased to find another puzzle in the extras at the end.

Loved the graphics and the puzzles, (had to cheat on one of them!!!)

Brilliant. I hope that there will be a follow on, as hinted.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Sep 4, 10 11:07 AM
Late review. Yes, I bought this game when it was first released. And, sadly, I was so BORED it took me all this time to finally finish. I found it totally boring compared to the first game, which means everyone else will love it, lol. It was much more 'dark' and depressing than the first game and the music always made me want to go to sleep for some reason. It seemed to me there was actually very little to 'do', mostly going here and there and watching this or reading that. If I'm not mistaken there were far less 'pictures' to complete, which is what I loved so much about the first one. It might have been okay for 6.99 or better as a DD, but not as a CE. I have got to stop buying games before I play them, lol!

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Sep 4, 10 1:22 PM
Cudos, Cudos, Cudos!!! to the BF team! My daughter and I have been waiting for this since the first Drawn! I didnt even check the forum's to make my decision to purchase this game! Thank you BF for the reduction in the price of this CE, however, I would have bought it anyway! I loved EVERYTHING about this game....music awesome, graphics are absolutely beautiful and so very ideal for the story, story line adult fairytale, the puzzles were challenging (at least for me) but not frustrating, and truly the length of the game was so nice...more toward longer than shorter. I havent played the extra bonus play yet....but after I do I'm going to start over w/the original Drawn and then this one again. What FUN! MORE PLEASE!

I'm a big HOG and IHOG fan, which this game is not, however, the interaction all through this game makes you a new fan of this type of game. If you want many hours of enjoyable game all around...try this one. I suggest the original Drawn also!

I give this game

Shameh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by Shameh on Sep 4, 10 1:55 PM
Oh my GOSH! This was fantastic! Better than the original which is saying alot! The puzzles are logical and fun, colors pop and the story line is great! This was the first collector's edition I have purchased. Well worth the money...getting set to play the bonus game now!

[Post New]by chefchar56 on Sep 4, 10 5:16 PM
LOVED the first one!!!The graphics are off the hook!!!This one was fun. Loved the puzzles.Like a little challenge. I try my hardest not to spend $ on CE but there was no question when I saw this was out. Also LOVED the lower price. Hurry and make a new one.!!! It is a little slow but I enjoy the graphics along the way...

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Sep 4, 10 5:20 PM
When it first came out, I had downloaded the first Drawn. I wish I hadn't. While beautiful and sublime, I didn't like the play.

Trying to keep an open mind, I downloaded the demo for Drawn: Dark Flight and guess what? After 15 minutes, I knew I wouldn't like this one either.

Like its predecessor, it is well designed and graphically beautiful; however, it is just not for me.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Sep 4, 10 10:20 PM
Good going Big Fish, This was a great game and well worth the money. I did not realize that was a sequel so I am going to try to find the 1st one. The graphics were great and for a change, the music did not get on my nerves. I usually turn the music off, I thought the game was a little short but, I always feel that way when the game is good and I want to keep on playing so this is not a criticism
Thanks for a really nice game

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Sep 5, 10 4:24 AM
Overall I enjoyed the game, even the 'extra'., however was a bit disappointed
in the overall length of the game as compared to "Painted Tower".
Still do not find the in game 'hints' to be all that helpful.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 5, 10 7:11 AM
Leanda1 wrote:I was sent a 1/2 off coupon from BFG earlier in August. It didn't state any restrictions on it yet when I tried to use it for a CE game it wouldn't let me. I wasn't trying to use a game credit ($6.99) because I know that the game cost $13.99 but I was prepared to buy a CE game for $7.00, either this one WHICH I LOVE or Reincarnations WHICH I ALSO LOVED. Anybody else run into this? What is up you can only use the coupon for a regular priced game? Makes it like a DD? STRANGE it didn't say that when it gave me the coupon code. Oh well ... off to purchase anyways just thought it was a bit cheesey of BFG

Hey BF where is my 1/2 off coupon! I didn't get one earlier in August. I love you too!

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 7:12:33 AM PST

[Post New]by TrystaSilverwood on Sep 5, 10 8:51 AM
Yay, Drawn is back. Can't wait for the regular game to come out so I can get it. Never really like the Collector's Editions cause the only think I like is the extra game play, not the screensaver and stuff. Not worth the money, in my opinion.

Ourself94
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Ourself94 on Sep 5, 10 8:58 AM
Am I the only one who thought it was too short? I purchased the collectors edition and completed the bonus content. It only took me a little over half a day to complete. I was hoping for more adventure. It felt more like a puzzel/hidden object game. I havnt played the first so I'm going to try that out. I'm not one to finnish a game so fast, for a collectors edition you would think it would have more content.

[Post New]by cherrijean on Sep 5, 10 2:08 PM
Maybe I'm different but I was disappointed in the game, seemed geared more towards children. This is the first collector's edition game I'm not pleased with, should have done the trial.

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Sep 5, 10 3:41 PM
My favorite game series since Myst, and the only collectors edition I have ever bought. A fantastic and beautifully immersive world, something sadly lacking in most games. After playing through, I went back and played The Painted Tower then Dark Flight again. I did not want it to end. Stunning, just stunning.

I sincerely hope there will be a sequel.

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Sep 5, 10 10:15 PM
I was so excited when I saw the release and just finished the game, and it was okay. I enjoyed the first one alot more but I'm unsure why. Maybe it was because some of the puzzles here were just too diffuclt and I rarely if ever skip them but I did skip two. I used alot of hints and I found I got very frustrated as I wasn't sure what to do. The art and music were wonderful but to be honest I didn't find it that enjoyable. Oh well, off to the next game.

WildGreed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WildGreed on Sep 5, 10 11:46 PM
Love this game. I find it hard to beleive so many are finishing it so quickly. The puzzles are a great challenge so I have to think that many are just skipping them. If you aren't going to play the puzzles then why not just read a book? Anyway I love the graphics and story line. My children were estactic when they saw me playing it so I am sure they can't wait to play it as well.

Worth the wait

[Post New]by WanderingPenguin on Sep 6, 10 7:54 AM
This may be the most beautiful game we have ever played. Absolutely stunning. As a result, this became the first game we ever purchased in the Collector's Edition format - because we simply didn't want to wait ANY longer to be able to play it right through.

Now... we're anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

suz4244
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by suz4244 on Sep 6, 10 1:54 PM
I have also been looking forward to this installment of the "Drawn" series. This is one CE that is worth the price!!! Fantastic game!!

garmed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by garmed on Sep 6, 10 2:31 PM
This is the most fantastic game I have played. The Art Work is unbelievable and gorgeous, and the game is long enough. Some of the puzzles were a little challenging, but I will go back and try to get through them. I had been trying to stretch it out so it wouldn't end and then I came to the Bonus part which was way above average compared to other Collector's Editions. Bravo! Encore!

Go to: