Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 26, 10 2:15 PM
evadestruction wrote:i am also, like many stuck above the spiral staircase in the popup book in the library. still no ideas? id hate to have to reinstall or start a new profile. other than this problem,a beautiful magical game. thumbs up!
Where are you in the game, in ordinary play or in the bonus?

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Sep 26, 10 10:17 PM
evadestruction wrote:i am also, like many stuck above the spiral staircase in the popup book in the library. still no ideas? id hate to have to reinstall or start a new profile. other than this problem,a beautiful magical game. thumbs up!

Same here, the book pops open, my screen crashes with "SDL app" not running.

Edited: 1 day later: I uninstalled and reinstalled, and the pop-up book section works now. True, it's a long install, but it's worth it. The pop up book is one of those sections where you say "wow!", and marvel at how they made this game.

Edited on 09/27/2010 at 7:10:33 PM PST

mask6021
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mask6021 on Sep 28, 10 8:28 AM
I am also having problems with speaking characters. I get the bubble, but no dialog. Cannot proceed with game without instructions from the characters. Is this a problem that will be fixed? If not, I just spent $14 for nothing. NOT HAPPY!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 28, 10 8:34 AM
Are you saying that you're not seeing the speech text but that you have an empty bubble?
If so, you'll need CS help with that. My feeling is that you need a graphics driver update and they'll help you out. Click on the green envelope on the right of the forum, then click the Contact Us hyperlink then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.
If CS can't fix the problem for you, your money will be refunded.

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 8:35:14 AM PST

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Oct 2, 10 3:43 PM
when the demo ended and said buy now the story started about the game. i hit ctrl/alt/delete to get out faster and the music stuck in place and i had a blank screen & i had to turn it off at the tower to get out. then i saw i had 60 minutes of the same game left and wondered about that and hit it again to play and when i saw it was collectors edition i already ended i exited and waited for the story to end. then it immediately opened the web so i could buy the game. i don't want that kind of control from a game. !! the web froze was not responding and again i ended up shutting it down at the tower to get out of the freeze up. and now it says 6 mins. left. i don't like these buy now demo over cause we say so games. so i won't be buying it.

robin2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by robin2u on Oct 2, 10 4:48 PM
I am having the exact problem. I restarted the game, then a second time I restarted my computer, and now I am on the third attempt, I am trying to open the book on the pedastal (in the library, in front of the statue). Now I am stumped. Anyone find an answer to this problem yet? I did buy this CE from Big Fish, btw.

moonsong42 wrote:I've been really enjoying the game, played through and bought the full version with no problems...until I tried to open the 2nd book in the library. The game minimizes, trying to open it again does nothing, and if I use the Task Manager to check on current processes...the application shuts down. However, the BFG Game Manager doesn't show the game as having been quit until I kill the two (?) Drawn II processes running.

Is this something that can be easily fixed?

[Post New]by brighteys on Oct 2, 10 5:43 PM
i have played this game thru to the bonus at the end but cannot read the instructions under the tree to solve the maze

[Post New]by EricFinley on Oct 3, 10 11:54 AM
Aha - I found one fix for those experiencing one of the common problems being reported here.

Issue: After you click to run the game (whether from the Game Manager or from the desktop shortcut, at least for me), it flashes black once or twice, and then re-exits to Game Manager saying "Thank you for playing."

What I did: For running a different game, I had turned DirectDraw off - this is a precursor to DirectX, now embedded inside DirectX as one component of it. Turning DirectDraw back on fixed the problem - not even a reboot was required.

Recommended fix:
You can check on your DirectX status using Start Menu > Run > "dxdiag". Under the Display tab you'll (probably) find the checkbox for DirectDraw, as well as a "Test" button for it as well. If you haven't done any fiddling with DirectX settings and thus have no reason to suspect it of having internal problems, then I would recommend simply installing the current DirectX package on your computer - presumably other DirectX issues would produce the same results, and it goes out of date fairly frequently.

Hope that helps!

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 11:54:53 AM PST

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Oct 3, 10 11:02 PM
I only played a few minutes of the demo, which worked fine, before deciding to buy the CE full version. I started again with a new profile and was about 5 minutes in when I got a black screen and a spinning white square after clicking something in the room at the end of the newly lit tunnel. Not sure if it matters what I clicked but it was a piece of paper, I think, on the far right side of the screen. Once I got this spinning square nothing worked. Even Ctrl+Alt+Delete wouldn't get me out of the game. I'm going to try again but I'm pretty concerned after reading all the problems people have had. I had hoped waiting this long after the release that there wouldn't still be tech issues.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 4, 10 1:59 AM
OrionsRose wrote:I only played a few minutes of the demo, which worked fine, before deciding to buy the CE full version. I started again with a new profile and was about 5 minutes in when I got a black screen and a spinning white square after clicking something in the room at the end of the newly lit tunnel. Not sure if it matters what I clicked but it was a piece of paper, I think, on the far right side of the screen. Once I got this spinning square nothing worked. Even Ctrl+Alt+Delete wouldn't get me out of the game. I'm going to try again but I'm pretty concerned after reading all the problems people have had. I had hoped waiting this long after the release that there wouldn't still be tech issues.
There's no telling whether anyone's actually reported their problem to BFG CS. Just reporting it here to other players isn't going to get it fixed.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Oct 4, 10 5:22 PM
Wow. Geez thanks for jumping on me! I'm simply doing what the post was created for and noting a technical issue. There was no need to be rude.

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on Oct 7, 10 5:55 PM
I am on the music puzzle. I have all the notes in the right places and all green. But it's saying I still need 10 more notes? I un-installed and re-installed the game and again I am having the same problem on the music puzzle!

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 5:55:39 PM PST

[Post New]by newlife503 on Oct 17, 10 12:26 PM
Has anyone found a way to re enter the staircase in the pop up book in the library during the bonus round?? I've tried three times under three different profiles.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 17, 10 12:35 PM
newlife503 wrote:Has anyone found a way to re enter the staircase in the pop up book in the library during the bonus round?? I've tried three times under three different profiles.
You don't. You're trying to do the impossible.
When you're facing the book on the pedestal side on, move your cursor left and down.

You never go down the stairs in the pop-up book.

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 12:36:32 PM PST

[Post New]by LadyVokalz on Oct 17, 10 5:21 PM
I'm having difficulty uninstalling this game from my computer. Please help.

[Post New]by Unseen_One on Nov 7, 10 5:39 PM
My computer meets all the tech specs, but the game keeps freezing during some loading screens and then crashes my computer. I have to force restart my computer, and then all my progress is lost in the game.

Are there any patches out yet to fix this?

lazarlin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lazarlin on Nov 18, 10 4:56 PM
Hi folks all was o.k until I went into the bonus game,the clues were o.k but the cobbled street to the painting and the theatre entrance had gone,,ergo no graveyard picture the fiddler statue on return to the square also gone,picked up most objects o.k,part of lower town is missing????

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 18, 10 9:05 PM
lazarlin wrote:Hi folks all was o.k until I went into the bonus game,the clues were o.k but the cobbled street to the painting and the theatre entrance had gone,,ergo no graveyard picture the fiddler statue on return to the square also gone,picked up most objects o.k,part of lower town is missing????

It sounds like you're not in the right location. You need to go further into the town - under the library, over the bridge, etc.

[Post New]by ginginrini on Dec 2, 10 5:32 PM
shaw_n wrote:I really like the game, but when I try to get the letter out of the lion's mouth, nothing happens. It won't let me grab it. Is there a way to solve it?

I'm having the exact same problem. Guess I won't buy this game. Too bad

[Post New]by Sweet_C15 on Dec 13, 10 6:59 PM
robin2u wrote:I am having the exact problem. I restarted the game, then a second time I restarted my computer, and now I am on the third attempt, I am trying to open the book on the pedastal (in the library, in front of the statue). Now I am stumped. Anyone find an answer to this problem yet? I did buy this CE from Big Fish, btw.

moonsong42 wrote:I've been really enjoying the game, played through and bought the full version with no problems...until I tried to open the 2nd book in the library. The game minimizes, trying to open it again does nothing, and if I use the Task Manager to check on current processes...the application shuts down. However, the BFG Game Manager doesn't show the game as having been quit until I kill the two (?) Drawn II processes running.

Is this something that can be easily fixed?

i'm having the exact same problem!! the second time I need to use the book in the pedestal (after I got the paper butterfly, paper flower, etc).... the game minimizes then maximizes again, but this time I get a black screen with the icon that appears when the game is loading....
I need to shut the game through the taks manager to keep using my PC....

I have already enter the game three times to keep on playing, but I get the same problem over again....

please help!

(I bought the game in BigFish...)

Go to: