marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 8, 10 1:14 PM
Calicouchima1 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game! I bought it with the "glitch" and updated when update was available. I did get stuck on the mini-game on the table where the bird cage is...I was unable to "click" the last piece into place (it only worked if I right-clicked, which didn't count towards completing puzzle) so I uninstalled and reinstalled, that didn't help. I had to start game again from the beginning under different profile and that time it worked fine. The game would have been better, I think, with music. Thanks Big Fish!

I do agree with you ! I've just got the game and was surprised not hearing any sound. Too bad but I trust your comment and will play the game and will try not to think about the music of Drawn 2.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Sep 8, 10 4:28 PM
I really enjoyed this...! The puzzles vary from difficult to fairly simple but the game play went on for hours...and what a relief not to encounter another hidden object game!

Two enthusiastic paws up from the Houdini cats!

[Post New]by chomoc on Sep 8, 10 5:35 PM
Just finished this game and LOVED it. A true adventure game (Yea!!) not a mind numbing HOG. Great puzzles, made you think, but not too easy or stupid. Really liked the fact that the music was not overpowering the game play. Great story line with a clear objective. Enjoyed game play over three evenings. Very beautiful graphics. Did have the same mouse problem in inventory, but worked around it. Excellent ending! Can't wait for the sequel.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Sep 8, 10 5:57 PM
This is the type of adventure game that I enjoy playing. Having said that; I believe that the second Drawn was the better game to play.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Sep 8, 10 6:53 PM
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! Full of challenging puzzles, but helpful hints there if you need them. I started the game when the technical issue of slow jerky cursor was there, but enjoyed so much, that I continued to the end. Have now downloaded the fix, which has worked, and am looking forward to playing it again (and again!). Didn't like the ending, but felt a sequel would be following. A GREAT BIG thumbs up for this one.

[Post New]by GhostShipTim on Sep 8, 10 7:37 PM
I for one think this game is awesome.

Oh wait... I can't do a review, cuz it's my game.

Anyway -- thanks EVERYONE for playing and reviewing and (mostly) enjoying our first game! And yaaaaaay(!) for the fixed build going up! (BFG is not only my publisher, but also my personal hero as a developer). If you played and had that nasty cursor issue, thank you doubly so for giving it a second go!

Some of the reviews rolling through here have made Shawn and I blush... we're happy that people are enjoying the ride and feel like the game is worth the credit.

I finally had a moment to relax and comment, so I thought I'd stop by and tell the fishies how much we appreciate the comments and reviews. Even the negative stuff helps us to learn what the heck it is that we're doing and craft a better experience the next time around... so thank you all!

(then again, I am but a lowly Sea Anemone...)

-Tim

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 8:39:16 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 8, 10 8:05 PM
Hi, Tim! *wavies*

I finished the game tonight, and I am just thrilled with the game. I have not as yet written a proper review, as I think the game speaks for itself. Maybe later when it's all sunk in Then again, the game is so good, I don't know that I even need to do a review!

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Sep 8, 10 8:21 PM
I thought maybe this would be a good game, but the constant satanic symbols and stuff ruined it for me. I deleted it. It could have been good but it wasn't.

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Sep 8, 10 8:52 PM
Without the great reviews from a few highly respected gamers, I would have passed this one by ! BUT instead I bought it without even trying it AND I am SO GLAD I DID !
Went to options, lightened screen to max, adjusted the volume and I was pulled in right away, as i played my dearest started looking over my shoulder and soon we were cuddled up playing the game together. Great grapics, I didn't see any hand holding ! in fact I thought it was very logic based, you seen something different, you look at it, just like in the real world, We just got to the asylem and it was bedtime for hubby. We both enjoyed it alot, the puzzles were not easy, and Most required the use of clues that you gathered which was great. So far I love it. i play LOTS of HOG and this one is one of the best !

sweetz007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sweetz007 on Sep 9, 10 2:08 AM
i'm stuck in the bird room with the tile mini game. i've placed the tiles exactly as it is shown in the walkthrough but the sun coin won't pop out of the side. all the numbers add up correctly and the pieces all fit together. also, the game won't let me skip the puzzle, when i click on the "skip" button, the creepy witch voice says "let me show you" but doesn't solve the puzzle.

[Post New]by electricfish on Sep 9, 10 7:00 AM
Overall I liked the game and do not regret buying it, however, I have a couple of issues. There were a couple of puzzles that I skipped once it became clear they would only be solved by endless clicking or shuffling. No brain power, just clicking and shuffling. I was especially irritated by the bookshelf puzzle in the crypt. Why couldn't that one have been a click on two books to swap their positions? The having to shuffle them around was not fun.

Probably my biggest issue was the plot line, or lack thereof. Why was she doing anything she was doing? Even if it is stupid, I'd like there to be a little more character development. It wasn't mysterious, it was random.

airace
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by airace on Sep 9, 10 9:33 AM
Just finished the game and as games go it wasn't too bad but coul;d have been much better, there were sections that I just couldn't get-the bird cage puzzle-it would not let me move the tiles backward and I really do not know how to accomplish it!! Skiped it and went on. Most of the other puzzles that had referances to pictures and hidden clues were fine but the couple of puzzles that just required constant tries without any clue of what was required made me frustrated! Over all story was lame-did not end satisfactorily and as others pointed out ended somewhat abruptly. Got this on the $4.99 special during labor day so overall happy-not sure it would have been worth an extra two dollars?

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 9, 10 10:40 AM
marie1931 wrote:
Calicouchima1 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game! I bought it with the "glitch" and updated when update was available. I did get stuck on the mini-game on the table where the bird cage is...I was unable to "click" the last piece into place (it only worked if I right-clicked, which didn't count towards completing puzzle) so I uninstalled and reinstalled, that didn't help. I had to start game again from the beginning under different profile and that time it worked fine. The game would have been better, I think, with music. Thanks Big Fish!

I do agree with you ! I've just got the game and was surprised not hearing any sound. Too bad but I trust your comment and will play the game and will try not to think about the music of Drawn 2.

I do apologize .....The music exists, but the volume was not very loud (even if the cursor was in the middle of the scale). I increased the volume to the maximum, and now I can hear it.
Sorry for my previous comment ...

S

[Post New]by laddy619 on Sep 9, 10 11:42 AM
I just finished playing this game and had absolutely no problems...using a computer with XP - Nvidia video card...The game was challenging until the very end with many puzzles to solve. Loved it!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Sep 10, 10 1:25 AM
Lovely game, if you love to spend hours and hours on puzzles (not intellect, hours)
Who was this made for Mathusala or Stephen Hawking?
I do meant it though, it is a beautiful game with a wonderful puzzle walkthrough. And you will need it, If you don't my hat is off to you, and what are you doing playing games anyway, you should be a systems annalist.

Just too many really time devouring puzzles and not enough fun, but congrats on a fine and challenging game, just because we found it puzzle heavy does not mean others will not love it.

Thanks for the many challenges,,,,

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 10, 10 6:48 AM
This is one complex game, it had quite a story line and the graphics are fine but the puzzles were quite difficult. If you have patience and lots of time on your hands then you will love this one. If you like to play with your running shoes on, then you might find it a little frustrating. It is value for money though.. but be prepared for one of those hanging in the air endings while the developers stretch out another game.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Sep 10, 10 7:31 AM
After seeing pictures game I liked them, but when downloaded and started playing it was disappointed. I thought the game on the witch, but it turned out to learn about the past girls. Storyline I did not like, do not buy this game.

[Post New]by jules2410 on Sep 10, 10 11:23 AM
This game was pretty good, sometimes tricky, sometimes a bit easy but generally a good mix, my major complaint is that it felt a bit too rushed through storywise, it ended just as I was getting really gripped, finished it in about an hour so was a little miffed but still , a good way to pass time!

[Post New]by atlantabelle on Sep 10, 10 6:55 PM
I think this is one of the best games I've bought in a long time. I loved the storyline, the puzzles really made me think and I totally got sucked into the game. I can't wait until more games are made in this series! Keeping my fingers crossed that more are coming.

[Post New]by atlantabelle on Sep 10, 10 7:05 PM
I meant to add that I also liked that it took me a good amount of time to finish it. I didn't feel like it was too short at all. I didn't use the walk through at all and only used hints if I was really stuck. Usually the reason I had to use it when I came across a puzzle where I had no earthly idea as to what I was supposed to do. That was my only frustration, I felt like the first hint on a puzzle should have been an idea as to what you were working towards instead of making you guess what the goal was.

Go to: