mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 18, 10 1:32 PM
Getting close to finishing this game I want it to go on forever. What a great great game. There is nothing bad that you can say about it. The CE was well worth the price. Can't wait for number 3 to come out (hope there is one)

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by exact on Sep 18, 10 2:39 PM
A wonderful game! Sorry to finish it. Graphics were beautiful, fun mini-games, good story line. Well worth paying for the excellent walkthrough. Saved me a few time when I missed just picking up something small. Easy to go back and check what was missed instead of just staying stuck. Thank you BFG for the excellent game.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 18, 10 7:05 PM
AMAZING GAME. Everything top notch. Thanks BF.

[Post New]by kellyajm on Sep 19, 10 1:12 AM
Loved this game! Anyone who tries it will be hooked, I was! 10 out of 10

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 19, 10 11:30 AM
I just finished this game and also loved it. I don't keep track of the time I play but I spent many hours enjoying this game. I had trouble at the end of chapter 2 or the beginning of chapter 3 when the game disappeared and I got a save file corrupted message. I had to start over again but after that had no problems. One complaint I have was the strategy guide. I admit I had to refer to it a few times. I am sometimes a bit dense when it comes to figuring out what to do with a puzzle when there are no directions. In any case, every time I referred back to the strategy guide it started at the index. It's much nicer if it stays open to where you last referenced it instead of having to click through all the pages time after time. Other than that this was an excellent game and well worth the money.

spandjw
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by spandjw on Sep 20, 10 4:44 AM
playing the game as we speak love it havn't had any issues with the game so farbeen playing for hours gl to all you fishies just starting this was a good buy

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 20, 10 11:53 PM
seems like a good game
will wait for the standard edition though
have to watch the pennies

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 21, 10 12:34 PM
This was a wonderful game and I hated for it to come to an end. It had everything just right - beautiful graphics, music and atmosphere, great story, excellent adventure elements, and long play time. I loved everything about it - thought it was perfect, with just the right amount of challenge (played on the harder level). I certainly hope there will be another game in the Dark Tales series - there was nothing about a sequel mentioned in the extras...

[Post New]by aprilmay_sun on Sep 21, 10 4:44 PM
i just finished the demo and just got the clock to work and it ended, i love this game, the graphics are good and the music isnt annoying. i usally dont buy CE games but i think i am going to have to buy this one. 13.99 is better than 19.99. i cant wait for regular version to come out. well happy gaming

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Sep 21, 10 7:47 PM
I just finished the game and have to say that this is the first CE that I have not been disappointed in. Beautiful graphics, great atmosphere, very interesting game play. I enjoyed the bonus play, it took me about 50 minutes to complete, bringing the total gameplay for me to just over 6 hours.
Having the integrated strategy guide is a plus. I didn't find it hard to use at all, I just tried to make a note of which page I was on, so I could find my place quickly when referring to it. I haven't played the first game in the series yet, so will definitely have to check that one out.
The wallpapers are beautiful, I really enjoyed looking at all of them and at the concept art.
Over all, this was a lot of fun, and I am glad that I bought the CE.

[Post New]by LayceSue on Sep 21, 10 8:12 PM
I enjoyed this game a lot. The puzzles were challenging and well placed. I am disappointed that I cannot continue the Extra as my computer freezes each time I try to open it. I hope you come up with a solution for the problems with the Extra as I see many are having the same problem.

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editio

[Post New]by elhar02 on Sep 24, 10 12:22 PM
How can anyone say this game is short!!!! It's a very, very long game!!!! I found it to be very intricate altho without the Strategy Guide that came with the CE I would have been lost many, many times -- that saved the day for me!!! and was finally able to complete the game. which I thought was FAB!!! Guess that's why CE's are CE's and then you don't have to wait for the SE to come out and find/search for a W/T somehwere. I, too, am not interested in wallpapers, etc. but if there's a built-in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Level then I'm all for it and this game was well worth the CE price.

This game was absolutely terrific from beginning to end and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Perhaps you might want to wait for the SE version, and that's up to the individual members, but you can't get better than this in my estimation for the bonus levels and the guide. That, for me, makes a big difference!!!!

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 12:24:38 PM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Sep 24, 10 10:04 PM
A W E S O M E in every way. The game took me days to finish and the bonus game just adds to the enjoyment. No glitches whatsoever and I figured out screen resolution so had no problems there. I loved every minute I played this game and enjoyed the graphics, story, continuity, easy movement throughout. Wonderful wonderful wonderful!

Thanks Big Fish!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edit

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 25, 10 12:09 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Well I had to buy the CE since I just couldn't wait. What a fantastic game. I love these brain challenges. Glad to have the strategy guide from time to time.

Haven't finished yet but it's 6 AM so will have the last 2 chapters to look forward to tomorrow. A definite 5 . Highly recommend it.

I played it again last night after a week and thought it was just as great second time around. I have almost 100 games and this will go down as one of my all time favorites. Superior to Murder in Rue Morgue which was also very good. Can't wait for the next one. Not happy with CE games in general but must admit this was well worth the price to play immediately rather than wait.

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 12:10:49 AM PST

Christina892
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Christina892 on Sep 25, 10 3:23 AM
Swoons over the male character with the long dark hair and top hat. Not the magician, but the other main character... Nice eye candy for the ladies! heh xD

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Sep 25, 10 5:29 PM
This is the first game I've purchased without doing the demo, and a C.E. to boot! All the reviews sounded so great that I wanted to experience the whole thing from the beginning without having tried it first. I want to take my time and really pay attention to all the graphics, details, etc. BUT: I know this will sound weird, but I'm having trouble getting into the very first scene--not the game play, but the fact that the rain water on the left side of the screen is flowing UPHILL into the grate! The water on the right side of the screen is flowing appropriately downhill. Come on, people, water can't flow uphill. Hasn't anybody else noticed this? Yeah, I'm being picky, but I hate finding something like this even before I've really started the game. OK, I've had my say. Now I'll go back and start again, and try really hard to ignore the water running uphill.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 25, 10 5:37 PM
Excellent. I played demo on hard mode and it was a nice level of challenging. I was disappointed when my trial ran out. However, I never use strategy guides so I'll wait for the SE. One extra hour of bonus play isn't work the extra money, imo (and that's the only part of the CE extras I care about or use).

Will wait patiently for SE version. Lots more games to play in the meantime.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editi

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 26, 10 3:22 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Well I had to buy the CE since I just couldn't wait. What a fantastic game. I love these brain challenges. Glad to have the strategy guide from time to time.

Haven't finished yet but it's 6 AM so will have the last 2 chapters to look forward to tomorrow. A definite 5 . Highly recommend it.

I may have posted this comment elsewhere but I have played it twice and had just as much fun. It's one of the best games EVER.....Look forward to sequal if the developers keep up this level.

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Sep 26, 10 3:39 PM
I really enjoyed the Murders in the Rue Morgue and was so disappointed when I couldn't get into the game the first evening I played, but I had a grueling week at work, so decided to try it again later.

So glad I gave it a second chance! Many other fishies have reviewed in detail at this point, so I'll just add my 2 cents that it's a great game worth every penny for the CE.

I have a terrible sense of direction so especially liked that navigation through the house was very intuitive. That the bonus game play was a new scenario in the game and in an unexplored room was a pleasant surprise.

I always feel a little chumped when CE's throw in a few discombobulated story lines and tasks in screens already played out as "bonus" game play.

Can't wait for the sequel...it will be a definite buy!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Sep 26, 10 11:44 PM
I swore I'd never buy another CE after being very disappointed with a previous game, but I couldn't resist the latest Poe plus Drawn: Dark Flight CE's. Really worth the money as you can't help but enjoy the wonderful graphics, storyline and game play. Bring on the next installments !!

Go to: