Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Oct 22, 10 7:38 PM
Started playing and might have continued had it not been for confounded Merlin. The narration is way too slow. If it was all written out, you could at least read it quickly and move on, but the way it's done is so annoying. I wish more game makers would clue in that not everyone likes voices in their games and at least have an option to mute them. Especially the fake British accents.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Oct 23, 10 8:57 AM
This game surely did my head in. The Arthur Legend is so great and so full of potential and I can't understand how a bunch of devs can manage to mess it up in such a grand style.
I was so disappointed. Merlins voice sounds awful after a while you just want to stick a sock in his gob. I skipped most of the narrative because of that.
Then this 'find a black sword'...'find a grey sword'...Where they colourblind???

On a plus-note: I'd recommend it somebody who I don't like without a shadow of a doubt

rchogan
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rchogan on Oct 27, 10 9:48 PM
What's the source of the poem in the Epilogue? A credit would have been nice, eh?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 6, 10 11:02 AM
Very disappointed in this game...was very hopeful

The negative started immediately with the scrolling and words so slow that you could do your wash while waiting. Very irritating when you only have 60 minutes to test drive and Merlin is drolling on and on and .on. I tried to skip over him but then he restarted. Eeepers.
Finally he went away to leave me with finding his staff ( in pieces) which wasn't hard because the flickering lights around the pieces...but then he wanted more and more found to the point you're about to throw everything at him and tell him to find his own staff!
Obviously I never got out of the first scene, which is a shame. I'm sure there is a lot to offer in this game but I'll never see it. Decent graphics, items much too small and when you find one, of course another object pops in the list.
A no buy for me. Sorry.
Chris

MacS
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by MacS on Nov 15, 10 8:43 AM
Too Slow--Too much talking. Also, every time I tried to get a hint or a "drawing"
etc. the message came up by the "guy" which covered up the items and therefore
I could not even click on them! Do Not Like this one at all.. MacS

[Post New]by GameWizard5 on Nov 16, 10 2:03 AM
Awesome game!,.... especially on fearless mode, were there are no sparkles and ZERO hints throughout the entire game and get a high score too. I love games that challenge the gray matter. On casual mode, the game is prety easy, but then all games for me are prety easy. These games aren't Oblivion, Two Worlds, Dragon Age, Mount & Blade, Baldur's Gate, etc. Now those are true huge games with the ultimate challenges. Big Fish games are for the casual and less expeienced players of the world. Great little games nonetheless, and ones you can finish in a few hours, unlike the huge games that take 6 to 8 months, playing 8 hours a day to complete. Thanks for this great game BF!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 17, 10 5:19 PM

I liked this game. Merlin's voice acting is good, the others not so much but you can click thru if you don't want to listen. The hint system in Casual is generous, if you run out you just click on a bunch of glowing runes in each scene to recharge. I only had trouble finding things a couple of times, unlike some games they are not unfairly hidden or impossible to see. The puzzles are good, there were even a couple I hadn't seen before which is always pleasant, but not so hard I had to skip.

The people who complain about graphics quality must be using older computers or monitors because I have vision problems and it was fine for me. I do find that playing in windowed mode gives sharper resolution.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Nov 22, 10 6:40 AM
This game was so-so I found everything easily and the ones that most could not find are hidden along the walls. I don't like all the talking, the story is not interesting at all to me. I got thru 27 minutes of the demo, maybe it will pick up later. I left off in Chapter 2. Probably won't buy.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Nov 28, 10 6:35 PM
I have got to the Magic Garden. I am out of clues one item left to find is a "pot" however I can't find the thing nor can I find it inthe walkthrough. Help

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 13, 10 6:27 AM
I loved the game, The game is hard to understand at first, but I think the music is great! the story telling is a plus..I did not have any problems as yet..I am in chapter3..
when I fist got the game i could not even load it, then i updated every thing and now it runs perfect..I hope they make many more games like this one..
don't give up on this game it is very relaxing for a change..
happy gaming fishes in the pond.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 13, 10 5:10 PM
What a great! Game..I just finished the game and tell you the truth I hope they come out with a part 2..The game is long and relaxing..If you have second thoughts don't give up on this game..Happy Gaming lil fishes in the pond..I give this game thumbs up and 5 stars

[Post New]by jsj4real on Dec 18, 10 7:16 PM
Has there been up dates or revisions for this game? I love Kimg Arthur and swords and dragons type movies. I really love this idea for a game. I am dissapointed I was unable to get through the dialogue before it shut down. Reastarting did not help.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Mar 15, 11 10:59 PM
I liked the idea of a King Arthur game. However, the hint system is very tedious (collecting runes for hints), and you can't do that in the first few screens. Oddly enough, the objects in later scenes where you do have hints are much easier to find than the first two screens.

I don't think I could stand to play the whole game having to search for hint runes AND hidden objects. It's just too annoying. The dialog moves VERY slowly; I mostly don't listen to the sound or voices, so I can move through more quickly.

I'm on the fence on this one -- maybe with a free game credit, I'm not sure.

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on May 3, 11 7:17 PM
Eh. This is a decent game, but nothing spectacular. It played smoothly enough, and I love the King Arthur theme. I enjoyed the mix of mini-games throughout, and the hint system was clever. However, the characters were over-simplified, the graphics mediocre, and the hidden objects very repetitive. I don't like finding the same spider, snake, and cockroach in every other scene.

Someone else mentioned the poem, and I'd also love to know the credit for the poem at the end. It was beautiful.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 7:18:32 PM PST

sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by sammi21 on May 30, 11 12:09 AM
Lovely game....Enjoyed it thoroughly, and with all good games, I didnt want it to end...Alas...it did...It was a bit tricky in parts, but- that's the challenge isnt it, or we would be bored..Thanks fishies....keepemcomin'...sammi..

Videohound
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Videohound on Feb 19, 12 12:39 PM
After reading so many bad reviews i was ready to not even try this game. But I do like to make up my own mind. I thought it was a fine little game. Kinda easy but fun. I think since it is a DD I'll get it. Not sure if I'd have paid full price but willing to pay $2.99.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Mar 30, 12 8:34 AM
when was this ame released cannot find it

Go to: