Terry200
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone technical issues here only

[Post New]by Terry200 on Nov 7, 10 6:37 AM
Even with vista my PC crashes while playing the game. I wait an hour or so then restart the computer. Once I've completed this game I'm removing it from my computer. What is causing this problem???????

[Post New]by gypsielady2 on Nov 11, 10 9:29 PM
Game loaded fine on windows xp but I cant pick up the flour I have tried to uninstall and reinstall ,started the game from begining and when I get to the flour it wont let me pick it up. can someone help. I tried customer service and they obvisiously dont read they just reply ,because I told them what wont work and thats what they told me to try.I like the game so far but by the sounds of all the problems people should ask for game credit. I'm about to.

skoolmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by skoolmom on Nov 15, 10 8:07 PM
Won't load on my system either. Glad there are boards here to clue you in about these problems.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Dec 10, 10 9:23 PM
Seems like I may be a minority of 1 with this game but I am getting ACCESS VIOLATION when I try to run it. Using Windows XP SP3 so not sure if it is related to that or not but everything is updated and still cannot get the game to run. Have tried several suggestions here that did not pertain to this error to no avail.

Don't know about the rest of you but I am REALLY getting tired of beta testing games after they are released.

[Post New]by Vittoria on Dec 24, 10 7:57 AM
Did BFG fix the problem with the game not opening on windows 7(64)? Is there a new version out??

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jan 11, 11 12:00 PM
Well I really wish I had read this before I bought the game! It ran beautifully for me yesterday when I played the demo so I decided to buy it today. Rather implusive I suppose. But when I try to open the desktop icon the game manager bar gets the "this game is running, please shut it down" message. I am older, not *real* tech savvy though I do know some, and I have tried everything I know. No other programs running, shutdown, restart, everything. Can I get my money transferred to another game if I cannot get a fix for this?
I also have windows 7/64.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jan 12, 11 4:05 PM
Well actually I went and read ALL the posts and there was one hint from a poster to go into Task Manager/Processes and see that there are 2 Columbus games running. I deleted one which took the other with it. Sadly I needed to do this 4 times each time I wanted to restart the game <after leaving it for a while>.
So while it is doable it's not easy. And I am so glad that someone posted that way back when!

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Jan 16, 11 2:44 PM
Tzeitel99 wrote:Well actually I went and read ALL the posts and there was one hint from a poster to go into Task Manager/Processes and see that there are 2 Columbus games running. I deleted one which took the other with it. Sadly I needed to do this 4 times each time I wanted to restart the game <after leaving it for a while>.
So while it is doable it's not easy. And I am so glad that someone posted that way back when!

Is this game still not running properly after all these months? Big Fish were supposedly working on it.
I think that I could be the one who gave instructions on the task manager/processes way back in September or October. It is so long ago that I really thought the game would be fixed by now!

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jun 6, 11 12:22 AM
I can't believe I was stupid enough to purchase this game after reading all the technical problems W7 users had with it. The demo ran just fine, so I figured they fixed whatever was wrong or I was one of the lucky ones. Well, it's still not fixed because after purchasing and trying to go back into the game I got the exact same issue as everyone else. The BF game manager gets all confused and opens the game twice every time so it won't run at all. I have to go into Task Manager to end the two processes. This game works perfectly fine for W7 users on another games site, so the fact that BF still hasn't fixed th problem after all these months is absolutely unforgivable. I've asked for my credit back.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 29, 11 9:40 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build has been released which addresses the Windows 7 64-bit issue (with the Game Manager). To get this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

If you come across any further issues, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

jlib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jlib on Aug 16, 11 2:43 PM
I'm in the room with the telescope. I can not click on the black cat. Every time I try, the arrow will point down and I leave the room. Any suggestions?

jlib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jlib on Aug 21, 11 5:01 PM
jlib wrote:I'm in the room with the telescope. I can not click on the black cat. Every time I try, the arrow will point down and I leave the room. Any suggestions?

Have not received any response. Can not play the game any further.
Exchange for a different game?

GMGL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by GMGL on Nov 7, 13 7:12 PM
This ran just fine on my old laptop. Now I have a new computer running Windows 8, and it won't load at all.

Go to: