Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Oct 19, 10 10:11 PM
thanks for a great game, excellent graphic, good story line. thank you

[Post New]by ZippyDoo51 on Oct 20, 10 1:28 AM
Have just finished playing Mystery Trackers! WOW! WOW! WOW! Love this game, good story line, great graphics, great puzzles.
Thanks to all the fishies in the pond for your excellent reviews and comments, I usually read them before I buy, and once again you were spot on.
Thanks Big Fish and keep this type of game coming. Will there be a sequel?

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 20, 10 5:44 AM
I can't believe I have this game sitting in my In-box and haven't d/l yet!! I should have waited until tonight to read these reviews. Now, once again, time is just going to crawl by until I can get home and play! What a bummer!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 20, 10 11:46 AM
Love Love Love this game. Had to buy it even though it's a Collector's Edition. It's worth it so far and hope they have more games for us to buy like this one..

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 20, 10 12:46 PM
This was an excellent game all the way around. Great graphics, a well-developed story, and good adventure elements. Also, I don't think any of the hidden object scenes were ever repeated! The game was also longer than many out there, so you really felt you got your money's worth. It was not a difficult game - fairly simple puzzles, and it was possible to find all of the hidden objects in each scene without hints, so getting "achievement" awards was pretty easy to do - which was fun. Overall, a very high quality game and I look forward to more in this series!

libbibet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by libbibet on Oct 20, 10 4:40 PM
I found this game to be rather good with a good story line and graphics were very good.
I played over a 3 day period to stretch out the enjoyment.
Well done to the game builders for this one.
I highly recommend purchasing this game at the Game Club Price. Its well worth it in comparison with some other CE's out there.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 21, 10 2:39 PM
I agree with Sinshack on this one. I don't usually buy CE but this was worth it. Especially at $13.99. It is probably the longest game of this type that I have ever played. Not because it's so difficult but because there is a lot of game. This is the best I've played since Rose Briar.
I wish now that I hadn't played normal mode. With the strategy guide right there I should have played the more difficult. As it was the game was a bit on the easy side for me. I never once had to use the guide. I can only imagine how much time I would have gotten out of it had I played the harder version.
The art is great in this as is the music. Not at all repetitive. It had some very different scenes and mini games. I also like how you are rated along the way. Makes you want to try harder to solve games.
The extra play was well worth the extra cash. The only problem I had was using the space required to load this. Between this and Sherlock vs Arsene I could cry. With Sherlock I could kind of understand due to the way the game is made but this isn't much different than all the others. Oh well, I am no expert in that area by any means!
No matter what I REALLY enjoyed this game. You will too!

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Oct 21, 10 4:51 PM
FANTASTIC GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS TOTALLY WELL WORTH BUYING THE CE!! i just finished it and it took me several hours a day for a few days, they can stuff all the wallpapers etc. as long as the extra LEVELS are good. AND THEY WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Oct 21, 10 5:52 PM
dlb628 wrote:Looks good, but I'm pinching pennies, so I'll be following this thread to see if the bonus content is worthwhile. I passed on the last collector's edition game because several people reported the bonus area was not impressive.

Happy gaming to those brave enough to buy without reading the reviews, and who keep the rest of us filled in.

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Oct 21, 10 6:07 PM
To: Pinching Pennies, Waiting for Reviews,
It`s well worth buying this game. Trust me. It`s FULL of hidden objects. Even in the diary. FULL of puzzles, that aren`t (well most) ,so hard you will have to go to strat. guide. The music, the graphics, sound effects, and the frog, Great. You`ll fall hard
to help the monster too. I`ts a great game, I haven`t even finished, and have been playing 5 hours. Well worth $13.99

[Post New]by rainangel5301 on Oct 21, 10 10:48 PM
Luv it! This is the first collectors edition I've purchased, and I must admit, I do enjoy having the strategy guide along for the ride! It's also nice to collect "awards" for so many mini-games completed without skipping, and **** scenes finished with no hints. I definitely avoided the answers from the guide, but it was nice to use a couple of times when I got ahead of myself!

All in all, it is a very interesting story line, and your notes fill in the blanks and gives you info you need along the way. It took me quite awhile to finish the game, but I always have distractions and things to do inbetween playing. I just have to stop where I know I can remember what's next!

Worth the money...has my vote, for sure!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Best Game I've Played in Months=Maybe all Year!

[Post New]by mycatluna on Oct 21, 10 11:14 PM
Let me just start out by saying that I own all but a few of the Hidden Object and/or Adventure games that BigFish has released. With that said, I can honestly say this game is one of the best. I rank it up there with the latest MCF games released.

As far as collector's editions go, I tend to be weary about purchasing them. I really have no use for screensavers or wallpaper; however, with this CE, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and then some.

One of the mechanics of the game that I actually like best has to do with sound effects. I grow tired of hidden object scenes that play a mini-concerto or blast away on the trumpets every time you find a hidden object from the list. This game uses a simple "click", like a keyboard sound, to let you know you picked up the right object. Simple, concise and time efficient. The objects also disappear from the screen right away instead of fading out or looping around the screen into a backpack. I hope more games follow suit.While it may seem like a trivial matter, when you are sorting through dozens of hidden object scenes, it can become tedious so hats off to the developers for making this change.

The game is LONG. I payed for several hours a day for three days so I can only begin to guess at the length of the game. 8 hours? 10? I did not use any hints, read the journal from start to finish and completed all the mini-games without any issues.

The journal was well put together; weaving together a story while at the same time keeping track of your current progress and tasks that still need to be completed. I enjoyed reading the journal and actually took the time to read it in its entirety-something I don't always do with HOG's. If you skip out on reading the journal you will find that you miss most all of the background story which is interesting in itself.

The characters that you meet along the way are imaginative and fun, providing some comic relief in an otherwise unnerving story.

The graphics are clean and crisp and I have a wide-screen monitor. I did not encounter any glitches. Hidden object scenes are not junk-piled-but cleverly done. I did not have to use the hint system (which is innovative in itself) once throughout the entire game.

There are several mini-games which vary in difficulty; however, all are logical and hints are provided.

Do not pass this one up. One of the best! I have more to say but have run out of room. Developers: fantastic delivery on this one. Keep it up! Please!!!!!

jpo656
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by jpo656 on Oct 22, 10 7:03 PM
MsFreddie wrote:I bought this game and I am enjoying it. The puzzles are interesting and varied and not very difficult, same as the H.O scenes so I am finding it fun and relaxing. The game progresses in a logical manner and I haven't had to think too hard on what to do next. You can earn achievements so I am trying to finish the game without using a hint or skipping a mini-game. Only one thing bugs me and that's the frog croaking all the time. Great game and would recommend it to anyone who likes an IHog type of game.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it weren't for that frog...I don't like the random croaking otherwise, it is a beautiful and fun game . Can we kill the frog?

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Oct 23, 10 9:34 AM
Wonderful game! Developers have a fantastic imagination. It will be hard to top this game, but keep them coming. Thanks BFG

[Post New]by sugarcitygirl on Oct 23, 10 3:04 PM
I agree with mycatluna. This game is very good, and has a great length. I like a good long game...I didn't use any hints or skips and so was awarded all the achievements. This game would have been good even without the bonus play.

I only wish after picking up an item in certain scenes, it wouldn't disappear. I know that probably makes it easier to narrow down the places you NEED to visit thus eliminating confusion, but many times when the scene disappeared quickly, I was disappointed because I wanted to enjoy it a little longer. I know, maybe I should just avoid clicking until I've finished studying the scene...a little click-happy I guess LOL. For me personally, I like a little more freedom to really explore a game rather than be led along too much.

That said, I loved the game. It had a very interesting story and I enjoyed reading the journal as much as the rest. Now I'm wondering if I can force myself to wait one more week to purchase Phantom. Ugh.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Oct 23, 10 6:09 PM
I just love this game. A tick in every box. The storyline is interesting, plenty of hog that aren't too easy and not horribly difficult, lots of adventure and cool puzzles, and it gets the brain working.
It's pretty long, which always gives you satisfaction that you're not wasting your money, it's great value!
The graphics are great, I take my hat off to the developers, they've done a brilliant job!

[Post New]by misty4077 on Oct 24, 10 6:32 AM
Im not one for posting but it has been quite some time since I really enjoyed playing a game. This has everything a adventure gamer looks for. Story, great puzzles, etc. Please more more like this. LOVE IT VERY MUCH!!!!!

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Oct 24, 10 3:38 PM
I really enjoyed this game and thought it had quite an interesting and novel voice. It was humourous and so I think I enjoyed playing it more than some of the creepy games. I tend to like my games with a bit of humour. Or at least not giving me the willies (however, I realize this is a big selling point to some people so I know I'm probably in the minority).

This one is well worth buying and I'm sure the people who wait for the non CE edition will be just as happy. It's a great game. I hope it doesn't get forgotten next to Phantom (which is also excellent).

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Oct 26, 10 6:02 AM
What a great fun game to play, enjoyed every single moment. Are there any more by the Mystery Trackers? or is this a one off.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Oct 27, 10 1:36 AM
Excellent!
Really get your moneys worth with this beautifully crafted game. More like this!
Lovely , Music, graphics, great puzzles, and a quality extra game as well.

Thanks to the Developers, great job.
Loved the toad, a lot. Did not use him much , but his little croaking company was charming.

Go to: