HAULBOOTY
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Column of the Maya

[Post New]by HAULBOOTY on Oct 22, 10 8:27 AM
I have to say, there are much better games. I played for a short while. Items were so small and dark, they were very hard to locate. Half were found by guesses, half were actually seen. Kinda liked the storyline that I did see. Grahics are flat but I would not want every game to be the same, so it really is ok. It is ok to dislike some games. We are all different, as are the games.

Very sad to see personal attacks against one another. CHILDREN, please play nice! Good golly...more copy and pasting going on than hairs on Robin Williams' back. Dang, thought this was for game comments.

And since this seems to be for personal opinions and attacks, I am gonna give mine. Big Fish is freaking awesome! They have great customer service, extremely reasonable games, lots of choices and varieties, and I love them. If I have negative comments for them...I email them and don't p__s and moan to everyone else. If you feel the need to p__s and moan, then maybe, just maybe, you don't need to be here. I am sure Big Fish don't want the be the cause of your unhappiness or dissatisfaction. GO BIG FISH!!!

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Oct 22, 10 5:04 PM
Sorry - a no buy for me. Objects way to hard to find, and a bit on the low end as far as the quality is concerned.

Don't try to increase game time by making graphics deliberately hard to find. We expect more for our money.

I think we'll be seeing this game on the $2.99 special before long.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 23, 10 12:18 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here. I didn't think the objects were hard to find at all, in fact, some of them stuck out like a sore thumb. I found the dialogue pretty funny. So I used a credit and bought it. And guess what? About 45 minutes later I found myself at the Epilogue and confronted with a puzzle I had no idea how to solve. Very frustrating. Back to Phantom of the Opera for me!

And Goofyduck, I've said it before and will say it again: Love your reviews. And Casualgran's too. Also, CG, I'm in wholehearted agreement with your comments re "Buy American." It's a shame such a comment was posted on this site, where our fellow fishies come from many different countries. That's one of the things that makes this forum great!

[Post New]by texans_andre80 on Oct 23, 10 10:35 PM
This games looks like it was made when PC games were first made. I wouldn't even waste a credit on this piece of "CRAP!"

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 25, 10 4:33 PM
Hmmmm... how can I say this... oh I know, I wouldn't play this game if it was given to me free.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Oct 26, 10 3:19 PM
Catching up on HOGs missed while on vacation [and no internet - AARRGGHH]
This is an odd game - the graphics are not consistant - either the object looking for is so small or strange it cannot be found [and I agree the hint system needs work] or worse the object one is looking for is like a cartoon and stands out as obvious

The dialogue is bad and slow - thank goodness it is skip-able or fast click through
and of course there is the find the difference scenes with no skip button

Yuck
I played the whole hour demo hoping it was going to get better
It didn't
I will not be buying

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 28, 10 7:28 AM
This game is not for me. I thought the graphics were really bad and items were impossible for me to see.

Several times I had to click for a hint and only 2 of the hints was I able to see what they were pointing out LOL was I the only one who coud not see the hint cirlce?

The art work is not my cup of tea at all.

Happy game day to all

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Oct 29, 10 12:53 AM
Thank goodness i am not the only one who thought Column of the Maya was not one of the best games around. The graphics are not that bad but some of the items are very, very small. I had the music turned down so can not comment on that. I usually change the cursor from game to system right at the start. This option is not available but that was OK as this cursor did not slow the game, or make it hesitate at any time. I got stuck on the hint where it said to use the knife on the shelf next to the desk. Hummmmmm .... what shelf?

All in all I have to give this game several thumbs down.

Pat

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 29, 10 11:20 AM
I'll let this one pass to dust.

No buy 4 me.

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on Nov 3, 10 9:22 AM
Man, this one is really bad. I tried to like it but the graphics are so terrible and objects impossible to see and when you do see it and click on it half the time it won't select and then when you finally give up and use the hint you discover you were right in the first place. My other problem with the game was the total lack of direction as to where you were supposed to be going next. It just takes you to a scene and then you can spend the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what you're supposed to do next. I gave it 40 minutes before I deleted it. Thank heavens you can try before you buy.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Nov 6, 10 12:51 PM
WHEN am I going to learn to demo these games before buying! This thing stinks. The HINTS are useless, the graphics are bad, it's too dark, etc

I hate this game.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Nov 20, 10 12:14 AM
peachycat wrote:Nope. You could give me this one for free and it would still be a waste of money. When is Mystery Case Files coming out with a new game???

I read the release date is early next week. Projected date was the 24th of November. I believe the name is "the 13th skull" and there is info about it on the BFG Blog. I passed up a CE recently so I can afford the new MCF! Can't wait.

fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Nov 30, 10 2:31 AM
I most certainly think this game is a let down and weird as well. If no walkthrough is to be produced, a few instructions on the game would have been appreciated. I have played many many games, and I must say I don't think I have ever been so confused before. I played until the plane crash and now seem to have no where to go and no idea how to move on. Very, very disappointed and really wish I had played the demo before I purchased the game.

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Dec 11, 10 9:25 PM
horrible!!!! that's all I have to say!!! Very small and dark!!!! Lasted 5 minutes!!!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Dec 13, 10 8:20 AM
Wow! Very intense comments.
As I wasn't crazy about the game because I do not like the straightforwards HOGs much anymore. Also I have to say the graphics were a little grainy and objects were very difficult to find.
I want to mention that I did not have any issues with bugs, glitches or errors. The game ran perfectly fine for me.

[Post New]by younghearts on Feb 4, 11 6:20 PM
I was progressing in the game until I came to this puzzle. I solved the first part but the second part involves tiles numbered with dots from 1 to 4. I have tried to solve this math part and cannot get nowhere. I usually find a solution but this one is causing frustration to the point of deleteing the puzzle. I tried everything. If someone can help I would appreciate it. There is no help with this game and no solutions. I can't progress with out getting this solved. There needs to be walkthrough for this game,cheat sheets or tips whatever. People are very annoyed.

[Post New]by Coosto on Apr 14, 11 11:48 PM
After 10 mins. of the trial I had decided not to buy this game but downloaded by mistake. I have just completed it and don't recommend it to anyone even a beginning gamer. As stated many times here, the graphics are very poor, the items are so small the pointer won't land on them (pixel hunt for sure!). the find the difference puzzles get boring and then to get on inside the first is goofy. It seems like the developers had nothing better to do so they enlarged the scenes, placed the items and then reduced it again. A very lame excuse for a game and big fish should pull it before they rip-off any more of their customers.

[Post New]by greenbs on Apr 17, 11 2:53 PM
If anyone has figured out how to get through the second part of the puzzle Coosto refers to it would be nice if you share it. Don't just say you had no problems with it as the rest of us are having problems. Since there is no walkthrough please share how you got through it.

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 2:58:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Ghyllpatch on May 7, 11 12:59 PM
I am almost at the end of my free hour on this game and have got virtually nowhere!! I was thinking my computer didn't get on with the game so it wasn't working properly, but I now believe it's the game itself! Having found almost all the items (except the chopsticks) in the first desk scene, I clicked on grandpa's watch for a hint & heard a few dulcet tones played but couldn't see any sort of direction or hint as to where to find these chopsticks! Nor could I find anything to use or interact with to get the stuck drawer open in case these chopsticks are in there. If there's no 'inventory' then how can you get items to help you get into a drawer that's stuck??
I tried the grandpa clock a few times hoping to see where this hint was, but nothing but the musical tones happened. Am I going blind??
I came out of the game & went back in. This time, the clock was missing from it's place and I was told once more to look for grandpa's watch even though it was already ticked off the list of items. There's no button to push to come back out of that hidden object scene, so I've literally come to a DEAD END!!
All I can say is I'm glad BFG allow you to try before you buy! I will now trash this game as it's not worth spending the time on it.

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on Jun 5, 11 4:54 PM
Well, I'm not minding it so badly. I enjoy story lines and read everything. The comments are hilarious. However, because there is no walkthrough I probably won't be able to play through... I can't figure out how to set grandpa's clock. And there are no walkthroughs anywhere else. Think I'll try for awhile, and then maybe see if I can get a credit or something if I can't do it. Also I see that no one seems to be reading anything.

Go to: