Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Tomsde on Nov 7, 10 6:10 PM
Very scary game, I wouldn't reccomend it for preteens. Loved the Lovecraftian touches. I liked this game much better than Twisted Lands: Shadow Town. Wonderful artwork, great retro look in a more contemporary setting than some of the other games. Loved the human characters, they were very nice looking and not like the stiff 3D models other HOGs have used. I personally found the imagery in this a bit more disturbing than most; but that's what made it so scary.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by chief_lazyhorse3 on Nov 8, 10 1:22 AM
I think this game is GREAT! It has cool graphics and scenes. I was kinda grossed out by the bugs. LOL! I hate spiders and there are always spiders in hidden object games. I hope there is more to come because I love hidden object games and the crazy mini-games. I pleased with myself for not using the strategy guide on the collector's edition.

Play it! Have fun. Play some more.

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Nov 8, 10 6:28 AM
As to the question about which game to buy: Haunted Halls or Phantom of the Opera, I think both games are great, get them both if you can. If I had to choose, I maybe liked Phantom a little bit better.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 8, 10 6:35 PM
I realize there are those who just love frolicking through sanitariums, but geesh, Big Fish, this is the like the 5th or 6th game which deals with this topic. Rather morbose don't ya think? Would like you guys return to some of the fantasy themes again. Really tired of the morbid and grotesque scenes from the asylum. Definitely no flowers or relaxing scenes here! lol I like puzzles so this game was a buy, but after I bought it I found myself playing other games first due to the depressing nature of this game. Can we now get off the asylums for awhile? Thanks.

[Post New]by corpuz333 on Nov 9, 10 9:58 AM
bagbiz wrote:I am all the way at the end of the game. I am supposed to place the light bulb in the thingamajiggie and go through the door to find a flashing light box. Well, I go through the door and find a wrestling match; no box. I don't want to give any more details since I don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't arrived.

This seems to be the final step before I finish the game, and I can't finish the game! The hint tells me there is nothing to do in the strobe light wrestling room. Now I won't be able to conclude the adventure and I won't be able to access the bonus games.

What did I spend all this money for, anyway? I purchased the collector's edition so I would get the strategy guide (which isn't helpful now) and the bonus games, which are not accessible.

Help

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Nov 9, 10 3:29 PM
Georgieflip wrote:As to the question about which game to buy: Haunted Halls or Phantom of the Opera, I think both games are great, get them both if you can. If I had to choose, I maybe liked Phantom a little bit better.
]

I loved them both, but I'm not buying CE's anymore, I don't think they're worth the extra money.

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 3:30:27 PM PST

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by scarylover on Nov 9, 10 6:10 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by scarylover on Nov 9, 10 6:11 PM
i would just like to no when the sequeal will be able to play .i loved the first one by the way couldn't stay away from the computer,

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Nov 10, 10 6:07 AM
excellent game, long and not too easy, good story, the way it ends i'm guessing there will be a follow up, cant wait. extra play was good, wish it was just a bit longer, but worth buying anyway, bonus content is the usual music, screen savers etc. which i never use, and i doubt nobody does, would rather have more game play.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Nov 10, 10 12:54 PM
Yesterday I wrote my review for this game and clicked the "cancel" instead of the "preview" button... gurrrrrrrrrrr! Anyhoo, what I said was anytime its from ERS Studio it's a buy for me I really enjoy their ideas and finished product. This game might not be for everyone since it has lots of creepy crawlers, oozie thingies, tentacles that undulate, and things that go bump in the night.....probably not for the feint of Graphics/artwork/design all enhance the mood of a decrepit, nearly empty asylum.........I never listen to the music, but the sound effects were good. There are loads of HOG scenes [yipee.... ] and the puzzles wont drive you crazy......."eyeball drop", jigsaw, and "pipes" [liked those kinds since Kuros]. Many cute interactions with the inventory.......i.e., drawing an elevator that actually opens, playing a flute that charms a rope. I have developed a crush on Tim so can barely wait for the sequel and the other side of the stargate [per aspera ad astra]. Highly recommend *smack

alioup
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by alioup on Nov 10, 10 8:27 PM
How do I get the rug to lay on the ground so I can go into the building, the weight is on the octipus but the rug won't say on the ground
Thanks

[Post New]by EddaDraco999 on Nov 11, 10 2:43 PM
Creassie wrote:Hi There,

Just bought the game and i am stuck with the hungry eel, but i don't know what to give him?
The strategy guide doesn't say anything about it exept that i have to brush it clean...:-)

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Astrid from the Netherlands

Feed the eel with the fish - in the spot just beneath the anchor

[Post New]by StarshineJ on Nov 11, 10 3:55 PM
Can someone please help me find a corkscrew? I know I need it to get the last eye. I have no demo time left, I've clicked on everything I can find to click, and I have no corkscrew. I don't see any reason to buy the full version if I'm never going to get inside the building! If someone can tell me where it is, and I think I can still get it, I'll buy the SE.

[Post New]by Melanie1968 on Nov 12, 10 5:15 AM
I am trying the demo and I have found with these collector's editions/longer games that the demo file is smaller. So when you leave the demo, there is a trailer for the game at the end.

Some suggestions for the trailer -

1. Don't give SO MUCH away! I don't want to see a bunch of future puzzles and story points that I would rather learn for myself. FAR too spoilery.

2. If you don't want to change the trailer, is there some way to end it before you have to watch it all? I tried the escape button, the space bar, to no avail. I don't tend to watch trailers.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 12, 10 12:13 PM
Great game! I love ERS Game Studios!!! Mote like this one!!!!!

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Nov 12, 10 6:12 PM
YOU DID IT AGAIN BF !! WHAT A GREAT GAME . I LOVED ALL THE SPOOKINESS AND SLIME AND CHALLENGE .(HOG) ARE EASY ENOUGH TO KEEP ME INTERESTED. GRAPHICS ARE VERY GOOD AND THE SOUND TRACK RATHER EERIE . WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE INTERESTING TO PLAY . I HAD NO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WHATSOEVER. THE GAME DID END QUITE ABRUPTLY BUT I GUESS THATS JUST TO KEEP YOU WANTING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.IT TOOK ME ABOUT EIGHT HOURS TO FINISH; ON AND OFF OF COURSE. I WANT TO REPLAY IT TO SEE IF I CAN DO BETTER TIMING THE SECOND TIME AROUND . I GIVE THIS GAME FOUR THUMBS UP . I AM OFF TO SPEND MY FREE CREDIT I RECEIVED. BYE FOR NOW

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by babybells1 on Nov 12, 10 10:18 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of [b]Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by babybells1 on Nov 12, 10 10:30 PM
I JUST BROUGHT THE GAME COLLECTOR EDITION AND THE GAME ROCKED FOR ME I LOVE IT THERE WAS A ON LINE STRADEGY WHICH HELPED ALOT I HAVE NOT FINISHED THE EXTRA PART TO THE GAME IT DOES HAVE A PLOT BUT FUN BUT THE FIRST ENDING WAS WEIRD BUT THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE THE EXTRA ENDING I GUESS BUT IT IS WORTH THE MONEY 2 THUMBS UP AND 10 FISHIES FOR MY REVIEW WILL ADD MORE AFTER THE TWIST IN THE ENDING WHICH ARE THE EXTRA

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 13, 10 11:15 PM
This is one game you HAVE to buy as a CE! The bonus play is soooo worth the extra money as was having the strategy guide. I only got stuck 2 times, but it really helped my "duh" moments lol.

So much has been said already but I just LOVED this game. Its from ERS Studios and its probably been posted but I know they have made other great games in the past.. I just recognized the bunny logo. This was a very long game for me, over the course of 3 days I was able to finally finish it. Good story, suburb graphics for a game that has a lot of dark scenes, that did it the right way! It fit the mood perfectly, but made it still possible to make out objects. A lot of back and forth.. but I like that and the mini -games were very unique and fun! Unlimited hints that refill in about a minute.

My only DISLIKE was the background noise and music got a little annoying as its just looped and intrusive. I also had a problem with adjusting the background noise and music. It seemed every time you entered the lobby of the sanitarium it fixed it, but anywhere else I could not get the volume of either to adjust right.

I also had some game pauses going from room to room, before the dialog box popped up and when coming in-out of a hidden object scene. But it was minor 1-2 seconds. It also could be because I left the game running/open the entire game.. bad habit of mine as it can cause game to crash or some lose your progress.. thank goodness neither happened.

If you buy any CEs (aside from the MCF coming out) this week this was is a MUST buy, I have no regrets what so ever paying the CE price as the bonus play adds so much more story and took me a few hours to play through it. It also answers a question that will be left hanging in the SE version, HIGHLIGHT: About the boy.

5 full and a HUGE !!!

Get it... go on.. right NOW!!!

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 6:36:28 PM PST

[Post New]by babybells1 on Nov 14, 10 11:18 AM
peeshee_1951 wrote:I enjoyed this game especially the minigames. They were different than the usual ones. The graphics were sharp and clear, the strategy guide is a smart guide that opens on the last page you were on. The music as most have said is a re-run of Puppetshow if I remembered correctly. Is there no other music in the world? The hint system is very generous. I got about 6 hours of play out of it but I am a slow poke. The only thing I didn't like was the ending..WTF? Spoiler Alert: bonus leaves you hanging as bad as the game does so if you only get the CE you only get left hanging once

I AGRRED WITH YOU THE ENDING WAS AWFUL SHE WENT INTO THE PORTAL I DO HOPE HAVE A SECOND ADDITION CAUSE THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED THEY WILL HAVE TO POST THE SECQUEL TO THE GAME

Go to: