Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Valley

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Nov 14, 10 4:57 AM
purchased with 4.99 weekend and that's about what it's worth

[Post New]by asgard2000 on Nov 15, 10 2:54 PM
This game wasted too much time with a story and graphics which are slow to load) and not enough 'game' or puzzle to it. It was really a waste of time to wait for all the story lines and graphics to load and then be dissapointed that there was no real game to go with all the stoty.
I do NOT recomend this game unless 'you' just want ot be told a story.

[Post New]by pixieanne26 on Nov 15, 10 4:39 PM
Okay game, dark graphics and the SHORTEST game I ever played! Wish I didn't waste a game credit on it, better yet I didn't waste 6.99! This game should only be a 2.99 special!That's about all it's worth!

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

4 1/2 stars

[Post New]by hatzic on Nov 16, 10 7:52 PM
this was good – better than some I’d just played. It was entertaining, quite absorbing and somewhat tough – mostly in the s&f portion – the puzzles where some what ‘puzzling’ but figureoutable however the story is really disjointed and jumps all over the place and no reason or flow.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 17, 10 10:16 AM
Just finished the game. Great game!! , and the hint of a sequel. Hope everyone who is having trouble with the locker can get past it. Thanks for another good one

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Nov 18, 10 9:35 PM
I was sitting on the fence for a while now considering buying this, but I had seen it had not move from the top 5 so I thought "what the heck"
It plays ok, a bit dark, story line... help us more vampires. I was doing so well staying away from those games.
In the end, a so-so game with a very abrubt end to it.. and no I will not be buying the next one. It just didn't grab me enough to get another token out of me.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 19, 10 5:53 PM
Well, I hate to say this after reading all the reviews from those of you that really loved this game but I am disappointed.
I thought the story could have been great. Started out great and then fizzled out and left me feeling let down. Like everyone else there were spots at the beginning that REALLY made me jump and I thought," this is going to be a nail biter". That only lasted a few scenes. I found the Hidden Objects scenes a bit difficult and thank god the hint recharged very fast. On the other hand the mini games were far to easy. The interaction in the game is very easy. If there is a locked door and you need to find a key or if you need a tool for something you are guaranteed to find it in the Hidden Object scene right there next to it. I guess the easiest way for me to explain is, to me there was no puzzle. It solved itself.
Another thing. I didn't time this and wish I would have but since I had to play it in several short spurts could only guess at the time but know that it was much shorter than I expected. Let down there also. I am really sorry I used up a credit for this but I guess it's better than paying for it.
I would rate this a 2 out of 5

relzzup
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by relzzup on Nov 25, 10 8:47 AM
I SAY DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, it is as bad as it gets. You get ot a point in the game, it freezes, uninstall, reinstall and same thing. BFG needs to get its act together, too many horrible games. I haven't seen a really good on since "return to Ravenhurst". So if you must take your chances, if yu look at the forum about the key and the miner, you will find I am not the only one. SO DON"T TELL ME IT IS MY COMPUTER>
Thanks,
rezzlup
Ps, I also took myname off their mailing list, I will not come back until they say they have greatly improved the supply of games.

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Nov 26, 10 5:33 PM
Well I thought I'd give it another go and reinstalled the game only to have the same thing happen for the fourth time. Black screen with an unsupport window floating across it. Everything is updated, downloaded, current, you name it and not even escape or contl/alt/del would get me out of it so I have 37 minutes left of a game that I haven't even played 1 second. It is uninstalled and I am moving on and never looking back at this one again.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 28, 10 9:02 AM
Sorry, didn't like it. I thought it had a good start but as far as I arrived it seemed to lose strength quite quickly. I didn't think it was creepy and all the characters seemed in desperate need of their morning coffee and their shampoo.

The puzzles were not original, the HOGscenes were somewhat hard but basically because some items were either blended to background or under a different tag, the story seemed to become more absurd by the minute.
I have the feeling this will be one of those games with a sudden ending as if the developers had ran out of ideas and the few that they still have they're keeping for part 2.

I'd say trial it as the beginning is nice. But I won't buy it.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Dec 4, 10 9:54 PM

Nice gloomy graphics.

I agree with the others about the jumpiness. I didn't even realized I'd solved something when I'd be somewhere else with no intervening breath. And then suddenly the game was over.

I know there's often a translation problem with games written in another language, but really, have it checked people. For example, binoculars aren't goggles. Plus, when there's more than one sword or valve handle or something in a scene it's a bit annoying when only one of them is recognized and you can't understand why when you click on a sword, say, it isn't picked up.

[Post New]by choktaw on Dec 6, 10 8:57 AM
easy, but can't find out how to do the safe.(bird and dog). help?

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 18, 10 11:50 PM
From the posts, I don't think I will even bother with downloading the demo...not a fan of vampire games and am tired of the 'scary' games.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 61080 on Dec 27, 10 2:02 AM

what a drag! And how did I get out of the mine? Suddenly I am above ground and talking on my cell. And where is all the scary stuff people are commenting about? I guess one rip-off game out of all those I have bought isn't too bad, but sure not up to standard. Watch it Big Fish, don't get greedy and lower your standards.

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jovipookie on Jan 1, 11 10:32 PM
It was an intuitive game and I really enjoyed playing it. The only negative is that I thought it was too short. I do recommend it though.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 6, 11 6:57 AM
I had been waiting to get this with a credit, and I'm enjoying the game, although it looks shorter than I had hoped for. I like the story line, the music, the graphics are appropriate for the story and I did jump the one time.
It might be too short a game for full price, but certainly it was worth my credit. I'm happy with it. I will wait until tomorrow to finish, though. As I said, shorter than I had hoped.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Feb 8, 11 10:00 AM
just tried the demo....this game is not for me.. it seems the developers had taken
samples of hogs,mini puzzles,and general' pick ups of things lying around,'characters and story lines, and shoved them all together to make 'A great game'......did not finish demo.. but i bet there is a 'Spot the difference' somewhere,story line was weak....ok thats my opinion.....SORRY BIG FISH..

LaniKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by LaniKat on Feb 10, 11 2:53 AM
I bought this game but disappointed. HOG's were fuzzy, and have to say that the main character was pretty dull considering she is supposed to be an FBI agent!

The mini games were OK, not too hard, but the story, which could have been very interesting, was instead full of holes and the ending was a let down. I also agree with others that the jumping from scenes and without answers to how or why etc was a bit aggravating.

I do hope if they have a sequel that they read these comments and improve the game, as the premiss has good potential that was unfortunately missed in this first game.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Feb 21, 11 7:21 PM
Bought it with the President's Day sale, and wish I'd bought something else. Not the worst game ever, but for all that it had a vampire theme it was pretty dull. Junk pile scenes were pretty junky so I ended up using more hints than I usually do. If there is a sequel to this game, I won't be buying.

[Post New]by jessicaarcher on Feb 22, 11 7:55 AM
I thought this game sucked...I love the dark mysterious games, and those are the only type that I have downloaded..But, I thought this was too easy and didnt really have anything exciting happen through the game...

Im sure not everyone shares my opinion on this game, but im recommending some games I have recently played that are a bit more challenging and have a better plot...

edgar allan poe: the black cat
Haunted Legends:Queen of spades (Loved this game, large file)
echoes of the past: royal house of stone
fear for sale: mystery at mcInroy manor
Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors
Ravenhearst/Return to Ravenhearst (Large Files)
Mystery Lengends: Phantom of the opera (awesome game)
Enlightenus (Not a spooky one, but very cool, good graphics)

Go to: