Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 27, 10 12:26 PM
Really BFG? Have you been paying attention to this tech forum? You have alot of unhappy people here and have posted NO customer response of any sort.
You're only talking to other players and the mods. Use the green envelope or Live Chat to report a problem to CS.

NifaFifa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NifaFifa on Nov 27, 10 12:38 PM
smilen7474 wrote:I am also having no success with the widescreen mode, I have windows 7 with a 64 bit system... I have tried all the suggestions with no luck...this game is hard to see on 1/2 of my moniter, PLEASE Big Fish, could you help us with this?

Same here, my screen is completely skewed to the left, cutting off about 1/8 of the picture while I have a big block of black dead space on the right. It won't let me change the screen settings in options, saying that my settings aren't correct to change them. I tried changing my settings, still screwed up, still won't let me change the view in options. I tried updating my video card, still screwed up, still won't let me change the view options. I am pretty peeved about this as I have literally spent hours trying to get this corrected to no avail.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 27, 10 1:29 PM
Hey Fishies,

If you're having save issues, you may want to check that you have the proper rights on your system - this help article can assist you with this:

Save Errors

If the game is not showing in full on your screen, please make sure that the proper settings have been set:

Screen Resolution

For the best help, please write in to Tech Support as they can definitely help troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 27, 10 2:02 PM
Thank you for the help about save errors, bfgarnostyx. I'm running Windows XP, just went to your link about save errors, and everything on my system is as it should be according to the article.

This is only the second game out of 200-plus Big Fish games I have purchased that messed up my save game, and this is the first that has ever taken me back to a far earlier point than where I had saved previously (barring those games that only save at the end of each "level," and this game is not one of them).

I have written to Customer Support.

[Post New]by theatergirl on Nov 27, 10 2:06 PM
I will wait to hear from technical support as my game is still not saving, inventory items keep disappearing and I do have my screen set correctly, and I still cannot get into widescreen. Waiting on a fix from technical support as this game is unplayable to me because when I log out, it goes back to an earlier part of the game. I am enjoying what I can play but still this is beyond frustrating.

[Post New]by makita3781 on Nov 27, 10 3:54 PM
I keep getting "The profile for Master Detectvie contains invalid data and could not be precessed. This profile will not be loaded". So I have to start the game the whole way over!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it has made no diff. Changing profiles doesn't work either!! Please help!!

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Nov 27, 10 4:01 PM
Hi, fishies, happy Holiday's to all.I had trouble with the save game part. I closed it out. And when I came back I had to start over.truly disappointed, might buy it much later.But in the mean time will wait patiently for the games i really enjoy.

Happy gaming.

[Post New]by cptwentworth on Nov 27, 10 4:15 PM
Had no problems downloading and none up to this point. We have four player names going on all in different stages, including bonus game. It worked fine up until last night, and now the inventory bar will no longer pop up for any player. Sometimes we tried to collect something new, and it went in the inventory, and then will play, but when we exit the game and get back in, the inventory is frozen again. The person on the very last bonus level has nothing left to get so can't make the inventory pop up that way.

[Post New]by theatergirl on Nov 27, 10 4:51 PM
I have two messages out to customer service. My hint button froze and when I logged out and went back in, I am back for the fifth time getting Mary's cleaning supplies. I am going to have to ask for a refund at this point. I am working part time till the end of the year and budgeted to have this game. I am so disappointed as the game will not save and keep going back to those darned cleaning supplies. Help BF. I have a new laptop and know that it is not my puter so please fix this and oh once again, no widescreen!!

Re:Post anMystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by firewalking on Nov 27, 10 7:19 PM
Okay - LOVE this game (best game ever), but I cannot get that stupid tree to fall using the chainsaw. I have been running it along the bottom notch slowly, as advised; I have run it across the top notch, and both notches...now I'm just frustrated and do not want to play it anymore. HELP! What is up with this stupid chainsaw????

[Post New]by JANE2561 on Nov 27, 10 9:08 PM
Every time I stop play and exit the game... when I start to play again... it goes back to the very beginning..... I've started the game about 3 times...but I can't figure out why it keeps going back to the beginning.... any suggestions ???

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Nov 27, 10 9:16 PM
I too am missing the cellar door key from my inventory, and after playing for 4.5 hours (I take my time) I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall only to have to start again. Is this the only option around this glitch?

[Post New]by mishy40 on Nov 28, 10 1:19 AM
eelall wrote:
AuntieJulie wrote:
yada wrote:I AM ENAMORED OF THIS GAME, BUTTTTT, EVERY TIME I QUIT UPON RETURN I HAVE TO START ALL OVER. IT IS NOT REGISTRING MY GAME NAME AND SAVING MY PROGRESS. WHAT TO DO?

Same problem for me - I spent around 4 1/2 hrs on this game yesterday, just gone back to it now to find that it hasn't saved my profile.

Message reads - "Invalid Profile Detected - The profile for (Master Detective) contains invalid data and could not be processed. This profile will not be loaded."

I've restarted the game using a different profile name, same problem. Have now tried 6 times. I'd got as far as getting the parrot yesterday, so I've lost quite a lot.

Am using my laptop with Windows Vista. I may try uninstalling and re-installing but as I use a dongle on my laptop it's gonna use up a lot of my download limit and will take forever. I suppose I ought to think myself lucky that it did install in the first place......

Don't bother with uninstall/reinstall. I did this and I still have the same problem you have. I too have tried many dfiiferent profiles - all do the same....

I will wait for a fix / solution before trying again

[Post New]by mishy40 on Nov 28, 10 1:22 AM
hi Guys I had exactly the same problem but I played for 8 hours and lost the lot it goes right back to when we first meet Magnolia soooooo frustrated...

[Post New]by walker1533 on Nov 28, 10 7:05 AM
i get the "invalid profile" error
using vista sp2
tried uninstalling, re-installing, running as admin, etc.., etc..., etc... etc...

how can i get a refund?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 28, 10 7:14 AM
You need to get in touch with CS via the green envelope on the right. An invalid (corrupted) profile means that you'd have to start the game again under another name.

[Post New]by CLUELESS35861 on Nov 28, 10 7:21 AM
after dropping off the rats at the statue, I returned to Magnolia's room. clicked on exclamation mark, dialog box came up blank/black; backed out, finished hidden objects in toy box, and returned to Magnolia for dialog; again, nothing, and this time no dialog box would pop up at all. so, now I am stuck, game will not advance

[Post New]by walker1533 on Nov 28, 10 7:53 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:You need to get in touch with CS via the green envelope on the right. An invalid (corrupted) profile means that you'd have to start the game again under another name.

get the same invalid profile error with every profile i create.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 28, 10 7:57 AM
You definitely need Customer Support for that. Click on the green envelope, then click on the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues / Error message from the drop-down lists.

Finished game, but everything is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Pammi66 on Nov 28, 10 11:32 AM
I have the same issue! Bonus Game not unlocking after completion of game. All progress lost, too. Please let us know when it will be resolved!!

fishcrazy wrote:
PamBevill wrote:
Puda_K wrote:I just completed the game and wanted to play the bonus game, which should have unlocked, but didn't. Thinking I missed something, I went back to the game I was playing (orr so I thought) only to fine that all my progress is completely gone! What gives? Do I have to play this ALL again to access the bonus game? Are you kidding me?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here....No bonus game after finishing and no player profile. I spent 9 hours playing this game and I really can't replay it. If there's no solution, I'll have to ask for a refund. This is on top of the Mahjong Towers Eternity failure. Very frustrated!!

Pam

Ditto...finished the game, but the bonus content is still locked. I thought maybe it was because I didn't find all the insignia cards and crown cards, so I thought I'd go back and look for them...no such luck, my game is gone. I don't remember ever having to start over with a new game in any previous MCF games.

BTW...I've only ever had problems with one other game from BFG, never any of the MCF games. I think this game was rushed out before it was ready. Too bad, it's really lowered my opinion of the MCF brand. After Dire Grove they we're an auto buy for me, even at the CE price (which I think is a complete "marketing invented" rip-off). Very disappointed in this game, BFG did not use the 'extra money' from the CE version of games wisely with this release. It is not 'better' than the preivous release, Dire Grove, IMHO.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 11:33:26 AM PST

Go to: