Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sherryah on Dec 8, 10 6:55 AM
tarbarme wrote:I tried again with a new profile. now when I get up to the bucket scene the screen goes slightly dark like when you get a new item but the bucket doesn't show up. I had to use the task master to get out of the game since I couldn't click on the menu button in the game. when I got back the bucket is totally gone! grrrrr.

Sad to say the same thing happened to me in the same place. The fix on Dec.8 did nothing to return my inventory when it returned I only had a few things no bucket or dull knife. Usually BFG your fixes work what happened? Did this fix work for anyone who lost their inventory or parts of the inventory?

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Dec 8, 10 9:38 AM
INSTALLED THE UPDATED VERSION AND RE-INSTALLED FROM MAIN MENU. I HAVE ALREADY PURCHSED THE GAME, AND EVERY TIME I PLAY,I USE THE HOOP ON THE FAMILIARS AND WHEN I CHECK THE BOOK, THEY ARE NOT COLORED IN. I CLICK ON THE FAMILIAR WHEN THE BUTTON LIGHTS UP...STILL NO COLOR?

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Dec 8, 10 2:21 PM
I just tried this game, installed it approximately 430p ET on 12/8/10. Upon opening the game, I get an error telling me "Failed to set resolution to 1024 x 768" Error -1.
Then the game freezes up and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and shut the game down that way.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from BFG 3x to see if it was a problem with the file(s) or possibly my install, same thing every time.

I am not going to try and certainly not BUY a game that crashes on me repeatedly right from the start!

[Post New]by csharpe89506 on Dec 8, 10 7:45 PM
first i lost all items so i closed the game and when i came back all items were back.
now i got to where you have to assemble the puzzlegot it all assembled then the screen went black. i can move anywhere else and everything appears to be ok but when i return to the puzzle it is still black.

[Post New]by Lynniebabe on Dec 8, 10 8:17 PM
Sherryah wrote:
tarbarme wrote:I tried again with a new profile. now when I get up to the bucket scene the screen goes slightly dark like when you get a new item but the bucket doesn't show up. I had to use the task master to get out of the game since I couldn't click on the menu button in the game. when I got back the bucket is totally gone! grrrrr.

Sad to say the same thing happened to me in the same place. The fix on Dec.8 did nothing to return my inventory when it returned I only had a few things no bucket or dull knife. Usually BFG your fixes work what happened? Did this fix work for anyone who lost their inventory or parts of the inventory?

Sherryah - I too, had no luck after loading the fix. Still stuck without the beads to give to the woman in prison, and no way to get them again. That's where my game froze the first time.

Teeha41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Teeha41 on Dec 8, 10 8:42 PM
I had less tech issues before this update. Now I freeze before I get to the barn. The farmer says Its getting late you should be careful and thats it the game freezes. What now??

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Dec 9, 10 1:41 AM
Just installed the update and returned to the townpuzzle: the screen stays black!

zoohouse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zoohouse on Dec 9, 10 5:25 AM
Fix didn't work for me either. In fact, the game freezes way before it did before the "fix". I have reached my frustration level for this game(after starting over 4 times) and have requested a credit. Good luck to everyone else

maat1957
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maat1957 on Dec 9, 10 7:42 AM
Lynniebabe wrote:
Sherryah wrote:

Sherryah - I too, had no luck after loading the fix. Still stuck without the beads to give to the woman in prison, and no way to get them again. That's where my game froze the first time.

After I installed the update (and started over with a new profile) I had the same problem as before with some of my inventory disappearing. It just happened in a different area this time. Very disappointed because I like this game very much. I have also had other games lately that have had problems. I think quality control is slacking off so they can get the games out faster.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Dec 9, 10 2:35 PM
I am in the prison and he is requesting the incriminating evidence and says he will let my mother go if II give it to him. And it will repeat that over and over but I can't advance or do anything, Nothing to do, Has anybody had this problem? I tried the hint and it won't work. I liked this game and am getting real dissalutioned with games having problems one after the other.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 2:50:44 PM PST

[Post New]by nicklass on Dec 9, 10 8:37 PM
Hi, I have gone to the Help pages, and updated everything in my computer, and, I have a brand new up to date graphics card as well, and, I still cannot get this game to work. I bought it with my free credit I got from my punch card. And now I have a game I cannot play and am not happy.

I sent BFG an email three days ago, and am still waiting to hear back from them.

I really do like the game, but find it very annoying when I can't play it and the game makes my computer crash and shut down.

Hoping to hear a positive reply to my post soon.....

lisette42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lisette42 on Dec 10, 10 4:14 AM
I downloaded the update and started the game. I have got stuck with the scythe in the cornfield. It just hangs there and the map doesn't help . Also my curser doesn't work very well.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 10, 10 10:31 AM
I'm stuck at the beginning of the game. I got out of the cellar, the window exploded, and now I can't go anywhere. The walkthrough says to go to the cornfields, but there's no arrow indicating I can go that way. I moved my mouse all around and there was nothing for me to click on. I clicked anyway, and nothing happened. I exited and came back, and it showed the explosion again, but again there were no arrows for me to go anywhere else.

guylou1525
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by guylou1525 on Dec 10, 10 12:36 PM
I don't like this game ... I lost everything in my inventory many times ... grrrrrrr

This game is a nightmare!!!

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 12:40:07 PM PST

madascanbe
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by madascanbe on Dec 10, 10 4:47 PM
I bought the game and it's all problems now. Everthing disappeared as everyone else who is playing this. Guess I will get my money back.

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gammafish on Dec 10, 10 11:29 PM
I'm still having problems. I reinstalled and started with a new profile as suggested but the same problems are cropping up. I hope they are still working on fixing this as I am curious as to how the game ends

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Dec 11, 10 1:30 AM
Wow, I wish I had read this thread before I purchased the game. Every since I downloaded it, I have no sound on ANY of my games in the games manager. When I start to play this game, a box pops up and says my sound card is not supported so there will be no sound. Now how strange is this, I have sound on ALL my other games but not the ones from big fish. I had them before, so what the heck happened?

[Post New]by ZippyDoo51 on Dec 11, 10 2:06 AM
I too am very disappointed with this game. I waited till the updated version was released before I purchased this game. I lose my inventory exit the game come back into the game and it is back. Have done this several times through out the game. I was near the end with a pendant in my inventory. I handed over the piece of paper and my screen went black with only my inventory remaining with pendant, milk and heirloom. Could not continue and credits started rolling in and game was over. I have a new computer which runs with Windows7 and have never had a problem like this before, very frustrating. I have also uninstalled this version and reinstalled the game. I enjoyed playing the game,the story is good and the graphics are nice, but there is no ending! Please help.

teeka57
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by teeka57 on Dec 11, 10 6:54 AM
edmee1947 wrote:after playing 20 minutes,new tasks appears at the bottom,and all the things i had in my inventory disappear!and no possible to make them going back!

All my stuff is gone as well, are we ever going to get an answer all I see are the same comments! NOW WHAT?

[Post New]by grantsvg on Dec 11, 10 8:22 AM
I cannot complete the town model part....I have delete the game and reinstall and it saved all my infomation and took back to where I left off.....please help...

Go to: