Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by t_birdsweetie on Dec 17, 10 9:40 AM
I paid for this game and am very disappointed I spent over an hour going between game and blog and even went back in under different name and finally unloaded and reloaded and still could not open the secret panel with the letter opener and it won't let you go any further in the game until you open safe behind panel. So I have just lost my money what a joke, next time will read forum first!!!!!!!!!

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Dec 17, 10 9:41 AM
Definite "ditto" could have done without this one.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 18, 10 10:27 AM
t_birdsweetie wrote:I paid for this game and am very disappointed I spent over an hour going between game and blog and even went back in under different name and finally unloaded and reloaded and still could not open the secret panel with the letter opener and it won't let you go any further in the game until you open safe behind panel. So I have just lost my money what a joke, next time will read forum first!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry you've run into that--I know it's very frustrating.

If you paid for any game here and it doesn't work for you, you should definitely contact Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column on this page. Then click on the "Contact Us" in the lower LEFT column on that page. They should be able to help one way or another.

Good luck!
Robin

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Dec 19, 10 4:27 PM
I like this game. It is just about the right speed for me. I think the story is OK even though it doesn't follow the original and classic story we all know. It is fun. I'm glad I bought it. I looks like it might be a short game.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Simply Delightful!!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Dec 20, 10 10:36 PM
A wonderful twist on a classic. A very delightful game for both the adult child and kids. The graphics were great. The game had a few nits but all and all it allowed a quick play. Hidden objects are easily found thus a kid would not struggle.

Highly recommend for a fast play this Holiday Season. Happy Holidays fellow HOG gamers. May you have a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Dec 21, 10 4:40 PM
Way too easy, no challenge at all, will not be buying.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Dec 22, 10 6:02 PM
I found the game a bit too grim for my tastes for a Christmas story. The art work in this one was ok--but it seemed that the game was a bit outdated. Being a fan of the original novel, I would have liked a happier ending--one in which history was changed to bring out more good. I'm glad that it was a short game, I'm ready to move onto other things. I think I will avoid the Twisted line of games in the future.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 22, 10 7:14 PM
The 2 Fiction Fixers games I have do put the traditional stories back in order after some evil forced messed them up. Maybe they will follow fixing this one? It's just one of those stories or histories that story writers like to play "What if......?" with a different end, like if the South had won the Civil War and take it from a twist to another imaginative outcome. Creative license. Pondering LOL.

Since I did appreciate the graphics and artistic details that went into this game, ambience and the easier gameplay it gave me 2 evenings of enjoyment and was able to finish it without a walkthrough (which was nice for the casual gamer). Maybe could have been a fun Halloween game, pre-Christmas without the holiday decor. Even so, the player is left with so many loose ends and story holes I could overlook that and expect a sequel. It may sell as well as this one considering it did hit the top 10 chart.

Not sorry I bought it. Now that I had my little Christmas break, back to tackling frustrations I bought too

tinliz48
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tinliz48 on Dec 23, 10 9:43 AM
Loved the game. Good graphics, good story line if the twisting of the original Christmas Carol doesn't bother you. I was ok with it. Loved the hidden object part although it was a little too easy, even for me. The best part was having to find objects to use in other rooms.
The worst of it was that it was way, way, way too short. Finished in about 1.5 hrs.

[Post New]by grannny on Dec 23, 10 10:34 AM
game drove me nuts..i cant put up with the constent lightning and flashing.i would have loved to buy it but i wont...

joancast
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by joancast on Dec 23, 10 3:49 PM
jbinch wrote:Matouks...same problem with the letter opener and the safe...click everywhere and it doesn't work. Really getting tired of all the glitches in the games lately.

joancast
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Glitched at the wall safe like others!

[Post New]by joancast on Dec 23, 10 3:53 PM
Can't get the safe to open either. What's the problem? Can this glitch be
worked out?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 25, 10 9:06 AM
Just wanted to say that after having played the demo for just over half an hour the other day, I reinstalled the new version, and found that the game seems to have lost its sluggishness.

I decided to buy this game after all (love games with a Christmas theme), and have not regretted it. Lovely graphics, nice gameplay, decent length (IMO), and all in all a really nice game to be played at Christmas.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Dec 26, 10 12:24 AM
Pretty graphics and an interesting take on the original story, but overall there was something lacking. It was one of the shortest games I've played, the mini-games/puzzles were very easy, and there's one puzzle (the timestone) that you have to do repeatedly, but it's the exact same puzzle every time.

I enjoyed the hidden object scenes even though they were pretty easy. I liked the smaller area that they use to display the scene.

I guess I was hoping for a slightly better story; I would be okay with the game's failings if there was one.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 26, 10 11:01 AM
I enjoyed this game. Loved the great graphics. Fun to play a nice relaxing game during the busy holiday season.

Usually purchase any game from this dev. surprised at the short length.

Was extremely happy this game loaded and played with no problems with my new win 7 computer.

Have a super happy gaming day

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Dec 26, 10 3:51 PM
On the graphics and ease of the game. I downloaded this at 11:50 pm on Christmas Night so I could play something quick today. I have not had time to play a game the past week because of the holidays and knew I would be tired this morning. I skipped through some of the puzzles, and raced to the finish. Be forewarned, Scrooge is even more of a scoundrel in this story. If you are running short on time and want to play a quick game, this is it!

Hope all you fishes are enjoying the holidays. Best of luck in 2011!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 27, 10 8:42 AM
[u]fun game, VERY easy

phd55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by phd55 on Dec 28, 10 9:46 PM
I found it a pleasant little game.

The hidden object segments in this game were not disjointed, overcluttered or irrelevant and help to progress the story which I like.

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Dec 30, 10 7:30 PM
Good graphics but too easy. The story line is good BUT its not Charles Dickens Scrooge and should have been named something else. I was expecting something closer to the Dickens character and this really was a very twisted version of that so I guess the title is appropriate.

tewal
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by tewal on Jan 2, 11 10:15 AM
Down loaded this approx 2 hrs ago and already finished it!! To easy, very dissapointed, story line is rubbish and you just go back and forth between a few locations in differant time periods. ****'s a 2 year old could do. Waste of money.

Go to: