suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by suehorse on Jul 25, 11 6:31 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I am having trouble and I don't know if it is a technical problem with the game or my computer. I am stuck at the three posts in the swamp and no matter how many times I try I keep getting eaten by the alligator. I am following the wt but I just can't get past this. Can someone help me? Thanks.

pdcagirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pdcagirl on Aug 14, 11 8:43 PM
Am very disappointed in this game. Am finding that unless I follow a WT religiously step by step because the game seems extremely linear you can't progress in the game. I do not like to have to follow a WT at all much less so much as in this game.

I am at the projectors in the cinema and find I cannot clean the lens no matter how hard I try. Have done all the things as the WT claims but not in the order it demands.

Found that to be true in the beginning of the game re getting a phone to operate. Had to use a saved game and then go back and follow the WT step by step.

If all adventure games are like this, will not be renewing my membership here. Can anyone advise as to their experience in these games here?

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Aug 19, 11 5:56 AM
Definitely an adventure game, not what anyone would think of as an H0.
Some of the tasks were too involved for me, but I liked most of it.
SPOILER: The combination box was irritating, even when I got the combination (from the walkthrough). Deactivating the bomb was even more irritating.

That's as far as I got so far. I enjoy longer games. I remember the "old time" adventures like Zork, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, etc. They lasted for DAYS or WEEKS. Now people here think a 4-6 hour H0 game is long.

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Aug 19, 11 6:05 AM
PDCAGIRL: This is typical of a large file type adventure game. Often there are complicated tasks that take several steps to complete. If you don't do things exactly right, they don't work. You can count on using the walkthrough regularly, unless you want to get very frustrated or just give up. There is a hint system on another site that may be a better choice. It guides you, rather than giving you the answer outright.

There doesn't seem to be much of anything between an H0 "adventure" and a large file game. I wish there was. H0 games are not what I think of as true adventures, even though BFG defines them that way. They are way too short, without much thinking required.

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 6:15:44 AM PST

[Post New]by shirl246 on Nov 19, 11 2:07 PM
Hi - I have been trying to get out of the cinema and the metal stick is not helping or I'm not at the right door. Very frustrating. I keep trying the Theater Exit but wont allow me to open. Can anyone please help??

Ellen55
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Ellen55 on May 30, 12 9:12 PM
I hate this game....actually I have purchased many many games and have never been this disappointed......took a very long time to download and then had to download DirectX......think I will just delete it and forget about it...just hate to waste my money but....stuff happens.

The graphics are awful and I don't like looking at characters who resemble robots...
and there are no guidelines on how to play the game....just go around picking up things...but did manage to feed the poor kitty.....

Don't buy!!!!!

[Post New]by jjmartin1340 on Jun 16, 12 7:30 PM
I'm sorry I bought this game. Even with the walkthrough I can't get through it. I can't fold the piece of paper the right way, and until you do you cannot proceed. Most games have a 'skip' option which becomes available after a few minutes of trying, but not this game. I'm long past the days when I would spend hours trying to figure out a problem.

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Jul 26, 12 5:03 AM
Elirana wrote:SPOILER ALERT
As an old and long time gamer, you get used to 'the tricks of the trade'. Double click to run and access new areas quickly. Use right click on everything for descriptions and on inventory items to bring them up in a large window, then examine AND turn item. You'll see an arrow by hand on cursor. Try using inventory objects on item. You should have found items to, 'examine small details' and to open package. Turn the box to access 2 objects and examine separately. The tablets are good for soaking things. Check out the phone!! Then look to the map on the table. Pick up everything that's not nailed down. You can combine objects in inventory.
You can't leave by the front door until............ I left and accessed the next area in my hour trial. Its a great game and hopefully, no HOs. I think there is a glitch as there is no speach sound, yet there is a voice adjustment in options. Maybe when I load the full game????
I love games where there is no rush, just using your imagination and ingenuity and trying things that are totally daft. And the cheeky comments you get from Nicole. LOL. Have fun all.

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Jul 26, 12 5:28 AM
Blimey not even sure I've worked out how to quote and reply in the forum yet let alone play the game LOL!

Elirana your comments were very helpful thank you! I played the FBI Confidential game about a year ago and remember being very very confused at the beginning. I kept dipping into the game and then giving up in exasperation but eventually persevered and have to say it really was worth it! I hope this one is the same. It's always very disheartening having to use the walk through from the word go but in this case I see it as a necessary start in 'helping you on your way'. I have to say though that even the walk through didn't help me at the beginning of this one as I could not find the bolt anywhere! The forum got me out of that hole thankfully. My advice is to use both as much as you like at the beginning and you will soon learn how the game works and how you're expected to think. In FBI Confidential I found I turned less and less to the walk through - it then becomes a very rewarding and challenging game and a real change from the standard adventure/HOG games.

So my advice is: if you're new at the HOG's and adventure games this may prove way too frustrating and puzzling for you right now. Wait until you really fancy a change and are looking for a new, more difficult challenge. I would say this is for the more hardened adventure gamer. Those who are already here and really wanting to NOT give up like me, stick at it. And remember as Elirana advises...she DOES run, there are tricks to be learned, and you CAN skip that annoying movie at the beginning! And I'm of course hoping that all this grey matter I'm having to use will one day save me from dementia!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 26, 12 6:07 AM
This is game 3. The hunt for the puppeteer follows FBI Confidential.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 4, 14 9:28 PM
Ellen55 wrote:I hate this game....actually I have purchased many many games and have never been this disappointed......took a very long time to download and then had to download DirectX......think I will just delete it and forget about it...just hate to waste my money but....stuff happens.

The graphics are awful and I don't like looking at characters who resemble robots...
and there are no guidelines on how to play the game...
.just go around picking up things...but did manage to feed the poor kitty.....

Don't buy!!!!!

I tried the demo, but I got tired of waiting for her to walk everywhere with right-angle turns. I managed to feed the cat, too, but after that I couldn't figure out what to do or where to do it.

I agree with Ellen55.

[Post New]by silvereyenz on Sep 23, 14 1:40 AM
I bought this game, but will uninstall now. It is too frustrating. It's too hard even with the walkthrough and the help is totally useless. Why was it in the HO section??

Go to: