Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by tugail on Jan 3, 11 5:52 PM
I love this game. This is my first post even though I have been a member for quite a while. I am a senior and have lots of HOGs and IHOGs. I usually don't demo them, I just check the reviews.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jan 3, 11 6:57 PM
This is a perfect game for me. I liked the first Awakening and am now replaying it on my older computer. I now need something more than straight HOG. A game like this really fills the bill. Thank you for something that is not dark, moody and gloomy. I am so glad I bought this game and am looking forward to the next installment.

[Post New]by led346 on Jan 3, 11 9:31 PM
This is the second game I've downloaded where the mouse curser doesn't work right. Soooo glad there are free trials.

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Jan 3, 11 10:48 PM
What an awesome game. I really loved this game. I wish there were more like it. The graphics were beautiful, the dialog was not to much, and the puzzles were not to hard, just right. There was very slight hesitation in some areas, but for the most part very smooth playing.

I am a person of few words, but when I like something it is tops with me. Keep up the good work BF.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jan 4, 11 6:09 PM
SUPERB!!! This game has everything going for it for those of us with a childs heart. Light and colorful, precious characters, and worthwhile goals to keep us interested and involved. Lots of traveling from place to place. (put on your running shoes) and lots of puzzles that can be skipped, actions that have to be taken, and conversations with elves, and fairies, etc. With our companion fairy and pocket dragon to help it has kept me busy a good part of the afternoon/evening. I leave it to do something else but it keeps calling me back.
I'm maybe half through- with lots of help from the walkthrough; I am not good at these adventure games but it sure is worth the effort. No problem really, by having the wt available and using alt/tab, its right there and so is the game- waiting for you on pause. This definitley is a five star game for me. Thanks BFG!!! and thanks too to the developers. Artistry, talent, and imagination.
Great Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by sickandgaming on Jan 4, 11 7:12 PM
Wonderful game! Excellent graphics, puzzels, adventure, and ****! i loved it..BRING ON THE SEQUEL BFG!!!

[Post New]by gbelly on Jan 5, 11 8:42 AM
lovely game but a tad too easy on the puzzles and i would have liked something that lasted longer than just over the 4 hours it took me...on the real plus side...this is the first game i have played for ages that hasn't crashed my computer

[Post New]by finalansir on Jan 5, 11 12:15 PM
I had purchased the first one: Awakening: The Dreamless Castle and really enjoyed playing it. So, I was not disappointed when I purchased Awakining: Moonfell Wood! It's not one of those hard games that you have to go to walkthrough every scene. But, it is fun with lots of mini-games, not a lot of hidden objects, but enough. If you want a game to play that will not frustrate you and you will have fun playing, try this one.

[Post New]by topnotchwa on Jan 5, 11 1:52 PM
When I try to open this game up on Windows 7 I get error creating the 3D window. How do I fix that? Thanks

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 6, 11 3:36 AM
tugail wrote:I love this game. This is my first post even though I have been a member for quite a while. I am a senior and have lots of HOGs and IHOGs. I usually don't demo them, I just check the reviews.
WELLCOME !!
You should try the first one, thought it was nice and challenging, I'm not too sure about this one........

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Jan 6, 11 7:20 AM
A truly wonderful game. The storyline and minigames were great and it had a good length to it. The graphics were really astounding (The ripples on the rock pool as an example!) More of the same please.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jan 6, 11 8:22 AM
This is a fantastic game!! Gorgeous settings beautifully drawn, captivating puzzles, fun characters, and a good story well told.

The story is a continuation of Awakening: The Dreamless Castle. I hadn't played that one before, but I like Moonfell Wood so much that I bought the other one too. Both are lovely, beautifully rendered, very enjoyable games.

A third installment in this series would be really great. (Hint, hint!)

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jan 6, 11 8:50 AM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:@ Nat_pink: Yep - you caught us. Death at Fairing Point, Awakening: The Dreamless Castle, and Awakening: Moonfell Wood are all by the same developer - Boomzap......

Ah-HA! Hidden within these feedback posts from other gamers, I found this secret clue from the Developer. I'm downloading Death at Fairing Point now. I hope it's as good as Moonfell Wood. Thanks!

[Post New]by MississippiNana on Jan 6, 11 8:56 PM
Absolutely, a wonderful game, great graphics, skips, hints and music. I truly enjoyed this game. I would rate it #1 of all the games I have played. I hope the adventure to the west will be continued in another game. It was truly worth the price.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 7, 11 5:29 AM
This was a beautiful game, well made in every way. Lovely graphics, good adventure elements with a smooth and logical flow, and a sweet, magical story. I enjoyed the first one, but liked this one even more, although I seem to remember the first one being a bit more challenging. However, I found this game to be very engaging, though on the easy side. I thought the graphics were even more beautiful than the first, and it was certainly longer.

I did feel there were way too many jigsaw type puzzles - fortunately the skip button charged quickly, so I did skip a couple later in the game - they were really getting tedious. I just played Death at Fairing Point, another by this developer, and found that game to have too many fragmented and tile swapping puzzles as well, with few hidden object scenes, similar to this game. I think there could be a better balance between puzzles and hidden object scenes from this developer, hopefully in future games.

Overall, a very enjoyable game - I was glad to see the set-up for another sequel - I am looking forward to it!

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Jan 7, 11 6:04 AM
i really didn't expect to like this game, as i have only played scary/ creepy ones! But i have to admit it - I liked it.
It could have done with more HOG in it - not very much at all.
I liked the mini-games, though could have been more challenging with more variety
I really liked the length of the game, i think it took me nearly 6 hours to complete; i never skipped a puzzle etc. i even had to go to the walkthrough for a couple of things (which I never do!).
Overall, really enjoyable, and 'feel good'

mom2cav
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mom2cav on Jan 7, 11 8:04 PM
I thought this game was very relaxing and had great graphics. I would agree with others that towards the latter part of the game the constant swapping and rotating puzzles got on my nerves. It felt like the developers were just dragging the game out and it seemed to lack imagination that they couldn't come up with different types of puzzles. I did get stumped a bit with what to do next and found the hints okay, but sometimes not helpful. I would give this game 3 1/2 stars for the visual imagery and pleasant music. I prefer adventure games to HOG, and this was more of an adventure game, so I liked it overall, but I didn't think it was as creative as some of the IHOG's out there (dire grove, 13th skull, phantom of the opera) etc.

[Post New]by MissGB on Jan 8, 11 1:08 PM
Hi all, i have to agree with everyone the graphics are lovely and ive not had any techincal problems as such, but i am stuck at one particular bit, where you have to attach the hook to the chest, ive placed it all over the chest without success, ive even tried the rope and nothing, any suggestions please?! It's driving me mad...i know it's the right things ot do as ive checked with a walkthrough but nothing......thanks!!

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jan 8, 11 3:19 PM
This is an absolutely magical game full of fantasy and wonder! It plays very long......like a CE. There are fantastic characters to interact with as you meander in this land that sparkles with the likes of: a pocket dragon [OMG........too cute], goblins, fairies [especially your guide], Mr. Muffins [the cat], a nervous squirrel, the Witch of the Woods, a darling bear king [that will make you smile], and a wondrous griffin to fly.....everything on your adventure has to do with enchantment such as the magic beans that you coax to grow ,,,,, The design/artwork/graphics are like pages in an art book, and the story line is very linear [your fairie guide keeps you on task]; all in all it has a good rhythm to it. I would classify it in the " adventure/puzzle" genre since there are only a handful of HOG scenes. Loved the kinds of puzzles the developers chose [click & rotate jigsaw, completing pictures, matching pair, tri-peak cards, etc.] because they seemed right in moving the story forward. I purposely rationed and savored my playing time [it took me 9 hours 28 minutes ] because I didn't want it to end!! Highly recommended ....... *smack
P.S. I think " Awakening: The Dreamless Castle" just went on my "gotta play" list!!!
P.S. #2 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FELLOW FISHIES !

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 12:25:33 PM PST

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Jan 8, 11 8:41 PM
I want to use one of my credits to buy the game. Is there much difference between the new version released on January 6 and the previous one?

Go to: