Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by Menesa on Jun 11, 11 6:20 PM
Wanted to enjoy this game sooo much but got stuck in the cave for the whole 60 min trial not being able to help the Green Man...weird gameplay or is it just me...prob

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Sep 30, 11 4:59 PM
I bought this game when it first came out but just got through a lot of other games I had on hold.

I know there are a lot of tiny objects in the game and the developers had a habit of embedding objects in an area the same color as the object itself which made objects very difficult to find but once I understood that that was the gameplan it was a lot easier to find objects. I used hints when I had to. After the opening scene with the green man, in which I used a few hints, I had little trouble with finding objects.

I enjoyed the game and got engrossed in it for several days. I took my time looking for things and figured everything out myself without the help of the walkthrough. Thank you Playfirst for making the game challenging enough to be enjoyable yet solveable enough for us players to figure out for ourselves without help. I know a lot of people will need the walkthrough but i preferred to walk away and come back another time when my brain was rested.

It's a beautiful game and the music is nice. I didn't need to turn it down or off as I usually do in these games. The mini games were not that difficult. Thank you very much. Charging the magic got a little difficult as I got further into the game but I managed to figure them all out.

I am definitely looking forward to my next Playfirst game as I have enjoyed so many of them. This one is definitely fun. I wonder though, what would have happened if I said I wanted to replay the game when I got near the end. Maybe someone can tell me. I said I didn't want to replay the game because I was afraid I would get thrown back to the beginning and not go to the end if I said I wanted to replay it. Just curious.

I give this game out of five. A sun was lost because some of the dialogue went by too fast for me to read. As someone else wrote, I would like to know what the two amulets at the end of the game were about.

[Post New]by booksnspurs on Oct 10, 11 5:58 PM
I thought I would give this game a second try and I’m glad I did . I demoed it a year ago and thought it wasn’t for me, but it stayed in the back of my mind and when it came up as the Daily Deal (plus a donation to breast cancer research), I bought it. I love the developer’s Dream Chronicles series, so I figured this one wouldn’t be too bad.

The more I played, the more I enjoyed it. Yes, the items are small and blend in (part of the challenge?), and my eyes are not what they used to be, but once I figured out what to do, I was able to find most items without hints (in all fairness, I do have a large monitor) . I also thought the hint system was very good: You can put the curser over the inventory silhouette to see the actual item, use the hint button to locate it, go to the log for previous dialogs on what actions to take or simply check the diary for your tasks.

Unfortunately, the cut scenes require speed reading skills (especially at the end) but the rest of the dialog is fine throughout the game.

I loved the ”charging your magic” feature and you will too if you like pipe games. I also liked the game because it’s different than the run of the mill HOG/adventure games lately and plus there are no junk piles to plow through (I know a lot of folks like them, but I’m simply getting burned out on them).

There seems to be a lot of negative reviews, but you might try it, the demo is free right? I recommend playing for the full hour to access different scenes. I thought a lot of imagination went into this game and found it addicting. Thank BFG and the devs for some variety in our game choices.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Oct 29, 11 6:31 PM
I thought this game looked cute and promising, but I found it a considerable let-down. The items to be found were way too tiny and the scenes in which to find them were dimly lit. I had to give up fifteen minutes into the demo because my eyes were so irritated. I was also annoyed by the script style of dialogue in the beginning, the constant meowing from the cat (which served no purpose that I could see), and the witch's cackle in the beginning was completely unrealistic and obnoxious. It's a shame because I liked the premise a lot, and I really wanted to like the game, but I didn't.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 21, 11 10:34 PM
I agree this is one lousy game, but I had a coupon about to expire and most of the decent games are now CE. Thanks BF

Go to: