care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edit

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 11, 11 4:27 PM
Finally finished the game. I agree with all the positve reviews. Thank goodness I played the demo, I was mistaken at first glance of the graphics, I thought it looked like the graphics like that love letters game which I didnt care for.

Certain parts of this game actually made me feel misty eyed lol.

I thought the game alone was worthe the CE price. I was slightly disappointed with the bonus part, I thought it was a little short, I did think it was more difficult than the actual game (but good) just wished it was a little longer.

Hope there is another novel game. Would like to have more voice acting.

Happy gaming all

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edit

[Post New]by lucymh on Jan 12, 11 8:26 AM
HELLO? Is no one out there getting any glitches but me! I played the full hour and bought the game. Love it, great grapics etc, all agreed. But come on there are so many glitches that should be fixed by now. Whats up?

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Jan 12, 11 8:35 AM
Lucy, I finished the game and haven't run into any glitches other than what I THOUGHT were glitches, but were my own fault because I either didn't follow directions, or chose a path where I didn't have yet what I needed to complete a task where I was. If you're using the integrated strategy guide and something isn't making sense, you need to use the blue button on the right hand side of the guide to scroll down to be sure you're following step by step. I made the mistake of forgetting about that and when I'd read the guide, it looked like lots of things were missing between one page and the next. That was because I wasn't scrolling down to read the complete page. Your monitor can't show the whole page at one time, that's why the scroll bar is there on the right. Check to be sure you're doing that. Hope this helps.
Faye

[Post New]by SeaCordWay on Jan 12, 11 10:23 AM
What a wonderful game! The story line was so romantic, and really a pleasure to follow. At first I thought the game was a little too easy, but became more challenging as it progressed. The bonus section was fantastic, I think it was my favorite part of the story. Thank youi BG.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edi

[Post New]by portia60 on Jan 14, 11 1:38 AM
I enjoyed this game quite a lot for the first two-thirds or so, but then found it rather a chore to make myself plow through to the end, as the challenges became repetitive and the storyline faded. The graphics are lovely and bright and clear, something my aging eyes very much appreciate. The storyline is generally well-done but lost energy in the later chapters. Play follows in a logical way. The puzzles, though, are very easy and started to feel like filler after awhile. The dialog also pretty much tells you what to do step-by-step. The game would benefit from having an option to set the difficulty level for the entire game to that of the epilogue (bonus content). I also had technical issues with the game consuming resources, forcing me to shut it down periodically, and with screen flicker during some of the puzzles. I wouldn't buy the CE again, but I would use a game credit for the SE. Grade: B-. .

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 2:06:04 AM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's E

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jan 14, 11 12:15 PM
I liked this game. The puzzles were very good not too hard. I had to look around to see what to do next. The story was good. The background music was not distracting or annoying. Very much worth my money.

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 12:16:35 PM PST

Neney
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Neney on Jan 15, 11 6:17 AM
I like the game but have not been able to finish it. Am stuccck with the candle and blank paper. Read the message but can get no further in the game. HELP

[Post New]by visiblyeven on Jan 15, 11 3:44 PM
Don't bother with the Collector's Edition. Waste of money and completely unneeded. As far as hidden object games go barely any hidden objects and puzzles were okay but more fun to hit skip then to do yourself. I have bought and played a lot of these types of games from Big Fish is this is by far the worst. If you are a beginner to these games then probably a good place to start but for anyone who relaly enjoys these game I say look elsewhere.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edi

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jan 15, 11 9:31 PM
I thought it was a good game. The graphics for me weren't great, but still perfectly acceptable. Good story, but I wish there hadn't been a screencap of one of the very last scenes in the game used for the chapter guide in the strategy guide. Yeah, it was a predictable ending, but I still like to at least pretend to be surprised. The bonus content was nearly two hours, which seems about average. What I liked about the bonus content is that it actually added something to the game. I don't like it when the character I'm playing just has to solve some random problem, or I'm playing a whole new character. Overall, I really enjoyed the game.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 9:32:39 PM PST

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Jan 16, 11 3:36 PM
I really enjoyed it. It was challenging enough to keep my interest; I enjoyed the plot; and the mini games were just at my level - I had to stretch, but wasn't completely baffled.

I especially liked figuring out how the puzzles worked.

I had some trouble with the hints; they shouldn't be telling me to do what I just finished doing!

I also had a minor technical issue: the cursor was flickering constantly, and sometimes disappeared as I approached a target. But I just look at it as an added challenge. (Win 7.)

A great game for this player! Thanks, BFG!

Finnakee
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Finnakee on Jan 16, 11 4:22 PM
Graphics are nice but the puzzles are easy for me. No challenge at all.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jan 17, 11 12:04 AM
This game is great but all of you please wait for the none collect edi for it is way to short you don't even need the guide to know how to play this game quite easy to finish wasn't to impressed with the extra either not a game that should be in the coll edit

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jan 17, 11 2:11 AM

I have brought only 1 CE before, but needed 3 stamps so plumped for this, and I am so glad I did, im am loving this game, it has wonderful graphics, interesting story, Puzzles are great, havent had to use the walkthrough, just worked my way through and enjoying every minute, had it for a couple of weeks now, but really got into it at the weekend, dont want it to end as im enjoying it so much, im in Paris at the moment so not sure how many more chapters to go.

5 out of 5 from me.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jan 17, 11 7:58 PM
Good game! I got this one because it's by the same developer, BoomZap, that created the two awesome Awakenings games that I like so much (Dreamless Castle and Moonfell Wood). I totally love their style. It's beautifully drawn - especially the gardens, flowers, fountains... so lovely to look at. The artists paid much attention to detail and it shows. I think they got it just right.

The puzzles are at a good level for me. Clever, original, and challenging enough but not frustrating. Good story too. Ghostly but not creepy. I bought the CE and think it's well worth the price. Looking forward to other games by same developer. More please!

vthecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by vthecat on Jan 17, 11 9:48 PM
Loved it. Great story and graphics. I don't play to become frustrated so I liked the level of difficulty. In my mind, the CE and extra gameplay was worth it. Thanks!

[Post New]by BarbaraSobreira on Jan 20, 11 6:53 PM
Just got out for Mac, and I have to say I'm in love. I played for about 2 minutes before buying it. There are not nearly enough adventure games (without it being majorly HOG) and it's just my type. It helps that the few HOG scenes are not overly complicated. It reminds me of 'Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison' and the 'Awakening series'. Haven't finished it yet, but as far as I can tell it's a great game.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 20, 11 8:49 PM
guess I am the only one as I went and looked at the "technical issues" forum and nobody seemed to have any. Well I downloaded and it came up with "trial expired"!! I dont know why as I do not remember playing this game before.... Ahhh well again a day with a release of 3 games so I will be a busy if not happy fishie!

[Post New]by Frannie5 on Jan 21, 11 7:56 AM
This is a great game! Very involving, good puzzles (sometimes they are too easy), great story line and nice graphic displays. Since I am fairly new at this, are there any more Dana Knightstone mysteries?

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jan 21, 11 8:22 AM
Talking of those bottles of water you use them to put the fire out but, after that much water, how can the pieces of paper still be smoulderingly hot ... just asking and yes I know it is a game so please don't beat me up .

Cherb

*g* This is exactly that I thought, too.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jan 21, 11 8:29 AM
debdeb11 wrote:Nice adventure/HOG game. Will be popular with many, but definitely on the easy side. This is much more adventure than HOG, I believe there were only about 6 HOG scenes in the entire game. These are my personal PROS & CONS for this game:

PROS:
- beautiful graphics
- good storyline with mystery solving/ghost theme, drives the game along as you want to find out more
- game length - I completed in approx. 5 hours, I would consider myself an experienced adventure gamer
- minimal HOG scenes - a PRO for me as I prefer adventure over HOG

CONS:
- puzzles become very repetitive. This game is done by same developers as the Awakening series. If you just played Moonfell Wood, you will be familiar with the puzzles, as I would say it seemed that 60 - 70% of the puzzles were picture puzzles, simply moving squares around, or fragments, to complete a sculpture, object, or picture. Got very tedious after 5 plus hours
- puzzles are overall very easy
- bonus chapter was too short for me, perhaps 45 minutes in length. Although it did advance the story by tying up loose ends on other story characters, it was not worth it for me to justify CE price.

You saved me the time of writing a review; I agree with you straight down the line.

I will only add that while I love having a Strategy Guide included, this SG was so poorly written as to be more of a frustration than a help. If I had to go outside the game to figure out why I was stuck, then what's the point of having an SG included?

Overall, a really lovely game but not long or difficult or involved enough to justify the CE price.

Go to: