Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 4, 11 12:26 AM
I'm not a fan of crossword puzzles. And... you understand )

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Mar 24, 11 10:05 AM
I can't understand it when you say the game is slow. To me it runs very smooth, and the hint button took only 1 minute to recharge. English is not my native language, so the challenge is super. I simply loved this game as it is -- graphics, butterfly/fairy, blackboard and all. Congratulations to the creators! I hope a similar game will be on sale very soon.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 10, 11 1:39 PM
I wanted to love this game because I love crosswords and hidden objects, but this game was not good enough. The concept was great, but the game was lacking. It was very slow, you can't speed it up. I wanted to move faster after I found the object, but I couldn't, its too slow. Sometimes the items don't click when you first click on them. This game turns out to be boring.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Apr 22, 11 3:33 AM
Good idea and I bought to fill up my card.

I'm sorry, for me, the graphics were horrible! 24" widescreen monitor and most things were just blobs. many times the clue didn't make sense either. I'm managing to make my way through the game but I regret buying it.

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on May 12, 11 5:05 PM
I don't know if it is just me but I have never heard of some of these word usages - pestle = pounder?
Same goes with the "riddle/clues".
Sorry this will be a no buy for me.

[Post New]by grarobad on Jun 20, 11 10:02 AM
Hello,
Does anyone know if, after finishing the game, you can play again with different clues?

[Post New]by dumdummum on Sep 20, 11 8:54 PM
wish you would do another one simialar loved the game

[Post New]by ChesterAJ on Sep 24, 11 3:51 PM
I enjoyed the game. And, I was very very disappointed that there's only one set of hints and no way to play the game again with different objects to find. I tried setting up a different user name and still got the same set of hints. Seems odd that there are so many objects on each screen, yet -- again I say -- ONLY ONE SET OF HINTS. There are other hidden object-type games that give different experiences each time through -- but perhaps they cost more and this was a budget version. Seems like a shame to have such lovely graphics and -- dare I repeat -- OOSOH.

senevabu
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by senevabu on Oct 3, 11 8:01 PM
I love crosswords and I love my new favorite games: Hidden Objects. Putting these two together would have been awesome. Unfortunately, the game has no instructions. The comments obscure the screen items you need to search for. Help just tells you to open the board. When I click help, I want some instructions on how to play the game. Hint never did anything.

All this was very evident in the try version and just took 6 minutes. I will not purchase this game until the developers fix all the little bugs.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Nov 12, 11 10:31 AM
I downloaded this as a demo but didn't finish playing the entire hour. It definitely wasn't as much for me as a HOG with a story line. Probably the only way I'd buy this is if it were a DD.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Nov 22, 11 11:13 AM
This game does exactly what it says on the tin. I always go for adventure/H0s puzzlers, but found this quite a nice relaxing little time waster. I must say though, some of the apparent sayings that made up the clues were a bit odd.

If you like crosswords (easy ones) and hidden object games then you will probably like this, and I think it's a good one to dip in and out of when you have a bit of time to kill.

The title says it all.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 16, 12 5:58 AM
this game is a buy for us. -doug & lisa

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Jul 17, 12 2:23 AM
It is what it says it is. But after playing TM's lately waiting for the Crossword board to come up and then the word to print, then the board to go down and then you can click on the arrow ot get the next riddle. Not restful just annoying. Love the idea but when you are timed for how long it takes but you can't go faster because of the construction of the game...............!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jul 17, 12 8:29 AM
Agree Dakini there is no way to get any speed points , this game just plods along. A good idea but has missed something somewhere , played demo for 20 minutes sorry BF but I am sooo bored no buy for me even with the temptation of an extra punch !!

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Jul 21, 12 5:04 AM
The clues were clearly not written by someone with English as their first language. A pestle is not a “pounder”.

“An empty ______ drives friends away”???? Answer: Purse. Really???

A game of pure frustration....didn’t even last 10 minutes with it.

Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by Anabel100 on Sep 18, 13 1:28 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hidden Object Crosswords? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/135658.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by Anabel100 on Sep 18, 13 1:30 PM
I'm also very disappointed that the games ends and there are no advanced levels to continue. Feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. Please add new levels.

Anabel100

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Mar 15, 14 6:39 PM
This is an interesting game that combines cross word,old sayings and hidden objects. I enjoy it but unless you had
a parent or grandparent who used old fashioned sayings,it could be difficult.The hidden objects are not always easy to find even when the phrase tells me what to look for immediately.The hint could work a little faster and be a little brighter.I don't have young eyes.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 15, 14 1:54 PM
(Based on Demo): Although it is a great idea to combine crosswords and HOs, the game ultimately fails. First of all, crossword puzzles are called crossword puzzles for a reason - the words cross each other. Each completed word provides clues to other words. In the current game there are very few actual crosses between the words.

The second problem is one of poorly named objects - for example, a pestle is called a pounder. Say what?

And the third is a sloppiness with singular and plural. An item which is indicated as singular turns out to be plural and vice versa. I ran across this numerous times in the demo alone.

I love crossword puzzles. I play the Los Angeles Times Sunday crossword puzzles a lot and enjoy them. I found this reviewed game to be poorly produced and frustrating.

And it's a pestle. Please.

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 2:01:46 PM PST

Go to: