jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jan 13, 11 10:29 AM
Hi all.

just finished & to start with I really was not sure, it took so long to get into.

I stopped after 15 mins but didn't exit so my time was up before I knew it. Only because of the reviews on here I purchased & carried on & I am so glad I did.

A lovely little game, different yet interesting.

Personally I could have driven that car all day LOL.

A bit put out with the depressing final dialogue, but it guarrentees my investment in episode two !!

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Jan 14, 11 9:49 AM
It's a wonder this game passed quality control and beta testing.

1. In full screen mode the bottom part of the inventory/HOG list screen is chopped off.
One has to switch to the windowed screen to read the bottom list, and then to full screen so you can see whatever you're after.

2. The game pauses and stutters once in a while. Using (alt+tab) can cause a lock up.

3. The sparkling ring showing the hints always miss the object in question so you have to do a pixel hunt in that area. Crude,

4. It's not a challenging game. No need for a walkthrough. In the demo as I was more than halfway through Robo City before the time ran out. My friend bought it and was not happy with it. A kid's game, he said.

5. Graphics were flat and uninteresting. The story line was good. Too bad it was crudely utilized.

I will not buy this game. It's cheap and takes it for granted that us fishes will play anything new.

Boone1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boone1940 on Jan 14, 11 5:11 PM
I was planning on buying after taking a brief look at the intro and walkthrough... but...

SPOILER ALERT

when she finds her father - he's evil. I''m sorry. I'm not into evil fathers - especially not evil family members - or evil anything. Too much real evil exists to enjoy fantasy evil.

I haven't found very many good games that aren't creepy or full of something less than positive - sometimes much less than positive. The battlefield of life is enough for me; I don't need my games to be more of the same. I'm using them for RELIEF!

Sorry, but no thanks.

[Post New]by Smitty56 on Jan 14, 11 8:04 PM
I enjoyed the game. It started a little slow and I got a bit frustrated at first; but once I got warmed up it was great! I've played it through twice now and I noticed a couple of glitches. The second time I had to visit the apple tree and click on the gear and apple three times before the hidden object game finally appeared in the second hut. I was more than a bit frustrated during that. There was another smaller glitch that was earlier in the play and can't recall where it came in. The last world was too easy and didn't last long enough. I am looking forward to a sequel though!

bandtmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bandtmom on Jan 15, 11 8:03 AM
Great game! I enjoyed the fact that in the H0 scenes, the items weren't always in the same place.

It was a challenge but I was able to finish with minimal help from the WT.

I only hope the sequel is as good.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jan 16, 11 3:03 PM
This game seemed more interesting by title and storyline than it actuallyt turned out to be, I played the demo and will not be purchasing, it was not enough action, the items are easy to find, and the moving from place to place is boring. The graphics are dull. I give this one a and on to the next one

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Jan 18, 11 2:21 AM
This game wasn't brilliant, but it was cute. I'm on the fence whether to use a credit on it. I was a bit disappointed in the hog scenes, all you had to do was look behind everything which I think is a little lazy. Anyway, it was a nice change with the robots, so like I said, can't decide if I want to buy this game.

Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by culhaven on Jan 18, 11 7:09 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Crossworlds: The Flying City? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by culhaven on Jan 18, 11 7:11 PM
This was a terrific game, well designed, well implemented. Takes some patience and searching, but it's worth the time and effort. Looking forward to the sequel.

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Jan 19, 11 8:17 AM
I am truly unimpressed with this game. i finished it last night, only by making it "small screen" and using the blog walkthrough for almost every step of the game.
I think that the "next step" is totally unclear, the story line is ridiculous, though I was suckered by the demo, it looked so interesting, when in fact is was just an excuse to put out a really bad game. I only play HOG's and think I'm pretty good at them, I almost always use the "difficult" version if it's available. This game had me perplexed from the beginning. I really wish that I hadn't spent the last of my available games for the month on this. I used my monthly GCC, and I really wish that I had waited to see if something new was coming, as our financial situation has been going downhill fast since Christmas blew us out of the water.
I wouldn't reccommend this game to anyone. It was boring, and *****tiny spoiler alert*** the ending was ridiculous, leaving the game unsolved, with a "to be continued", as if I'll even bother continuing something so ludicris(sp?).
So, I guess I'll spend the rest of the month playing some oldy but goodies, perhaps going to the hardest level on some that I haven't, impatiently waiting for my husbands unemployment check. Is the economy in CA EVER going to recover? lol!
So, imho, this game isn't even worth trying the trial, as it just makes you think that there is something interesting coming, it never does.
BTW, love these forums, thanks for making them available.~Tiffani

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jan 19, 11 5:48 PM
This is an incredible game! And yes, it gets better and better and better.

It brings rich, intensive graphics, not very much hand-holding, a sly sense of humor, and challenges to make you think. The HOG portions are good.

I'm now into the second section. The setting is completely different from the first section.

This game is so far "out of the box" that it totally sails into a stratosphere far beyond the usual game. It's innovative, funny, intellectually rewarding, relaxing, and overall, amazing. Just amazing.

I'm going to look for more games from the developers. I am truly in love with this game. You will not get bored, and you will be well entertained for many hours.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this one is about a 12.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jan 26, 11 7:58 PM
Well sounds like this game was worth a go...but....... it glitched and about the time I should have been having hidden object games to find fuses to start the machine it didn't give me any.. no mattter what i did. so got frustrated trying different things. I never left the house .. grounded for life I guess.... and dad remains lost. ah well. sounds like enough people had a good experince that a person shoul at the very lest give it a go on the demo.

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 7:59:45 PM PST

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 16, 11 12:25 PM
This game was really well done. I was a bit bored for the first 15 minutes or so but then the game really picked up pace. I liked the fact that this game does not hold your hand. I like adventure games and this game plays much like one: leaving you to figure out on your own what you need to do next. If you utilize the 'diary' it is not that difficult to figure out. And I tire of games that feel the need to use sparkles. Players aren't that dumb!

Anyway, this game is very challenging, which is a nice change of pace. The storyline was interesting and very abstract. By abstract, I mean that you never really know what you're going to run into next. I know some players saw this as a downside because the storyline didn't 'flow' or it was just too 'weird' but honestly, in a parallel universe, one wouldn't expect it to make much sense. That's what makes it a parallel universe!

All in all, I think the developers did a great job with this and PLEASE don't make the sequel easier! Many players like a challenge.

I did not encounter any bugs or lagging with this game; however, I did not get around to playing it until after the update was released so maybe that's why.

Definitely one of the better ones. And it is quite lengthy-I did not resort to the walk-through which is why it may have seemed very long to me as I did have to revisit some places to see what I missed. Without using a walk-through, I invested a solid 7-8 hours in this game.

Well done!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on May 20, 11 3:42 PM
I just finished playing The Tiny Bang Story and was so wonderfully amazed at this game and wanted another similar - this one was recommended -another amazing game. No hand holding, you are pretty much on your own although there are "sparkly" hints. Such a unique game - unusual, yet captivating elements to peak your interest. The graphics are superb and fit the play of the game -the music is quite pleasant. I too would love to see more games like this offered here at BF -would be a buy for me!

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 4:56:00 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 3, 11 5:45 PM
Pepper010 wrote:This is an incredible game! And yes, it gets better and better and better.

It brings rich, intensive graphics, not very much hand-holding, a sly sense of humor, and challenges to make you think. The HOG portions are good.

I'm now into the second section. The setting is completely different from the first section.

This game is so far "out of the box" that it totally sails into a stratosphere far beyond the usual game. It's innovative, funny, intellectually rewarding, relaxing, and overall, amazing. Just amazing.

I'm going to look for more games from the developers. I am truly in love with this game. You will not get bored, and you will be well entertained for many hours.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this one is about a 12.

I totally agree with everything you said. This game is all of that and more. Love it. Hopefully the next one (if there is one) will be as good as this one

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 11, 11 8:16 PM
I was disappointed in this game. The trial looked cool; the robot stuff was great, but then it went to different settings that weren't interesting to me at all. The hint button didn't even start charging until the HOG scene started and was incredibly slow to recharge. Sometimes I could find all but one of the objects and would have to wait for the hint to charge before I could use it.

If I had known this was a "to be continued" game I definitely would not have bought it.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 11, 11 8:55 PM
A very large percentage of today's adventure type games leave room at the end for a sequel.

I thought the length of this game was very good. As I neared the end of the first location I thought it was going to be a short game but to my delight I was taken to another location. Each time I came near the end of a location I was expecting the game to end, but I was very pleasantly surprised to have it continue for much longer than I thought it would.

I am looking forward to the next game by this developer.

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 8:55:40 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 10:59 AM
I enjoyed this game so much that I am actually waiting for a follow up game with the same type of story line, I like the story line on this one that much.

[Post New]by bootz423 on Jan 13, 12 8:54 AM
I have had a hard time completing this game....I am putting the gears all together but I put one of them on wrong..how do I correct this...I want to finish the game but I don't want to start all over.....thank you

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 16, 12 3:42 PM
I don't know how but I missed this game when it first came out. Spotted in today just under TGT and gave it a try.

I really liked it. I thought it was clever, funny, sad and very creative. The only negative I have about it is that the objects were too small and not discernible enough for me and I had to rely heavily on the hint button, which was a bit on the slow side.

But otherwise it was a lovely game. Especially the last chapter. I thought that was really gorgeous.

The graphics were good and I liked the music and the environmental sounds too, and it was a decent length.

I am glad to see it is to be continued, but I do hope the next one is a little easier regarding the HOS.

Nicely entertaining.

Go to: