Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hexus

[Post New]by fran1714 on Apr 8, 11 4:50 PM
I have been addicted to this game for months. I have gone to level 100 three times, but now, with no bombs or paintbrushes, I can't get past the level I'm on (89) and have spent more than 2 weeks trying. Getting soooo frustrated. I really did love this game, but I'm getting bored and annoyed. And.....got no response to my question as to how to move it along.

mk1949
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

I enjoyed this game!

[Post New]by mk1949 on Apr 22, 11 5:41 AM
I usually play HOGs and needed a break. My brain doesn't work the Hexus way, so I found some real challenges. I got great brain training and really had fun. Now I can get right through the scenes. Match 3s can become so tiresome, so I had fun with this; also enjoyed the mini games. As far as the mangled English, what can you do? Everyone has an area of expertise, and I give game developers a lot of credit! I couldn't do it. Before I retired, I was an English teacher, so if any developers need help, I would be happy to provide my services, and you can keep developing games.

[Post New]by fran1714 on May 31, 11 4:46 AM
I am totally addicted to Hexus. I have conquered the 100 levels at least 7 times and never find it boring. I love the way the pattern changes after you remove a certain number of balls and although I don't dress the avatar anymore, I still find it exciting and addictive. Keep up the good work - expand it and keep it interesting. Love Hexus!

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Jun 5, 11 4:03 PM
First let me say that I am glad that this game is a good one for some of you. We all need a good game. I am glad that someone who developed it is willing to address the things that some of you have posted regarding playing it.

This simply isn't my idea of a good match 3. I played a demo of another game where you shifted colored objects around, and I didn't care for that one either.

You spend too much time with the building and other aspects of the game. I much prefer to simply clear boards. I regret even using a free coupon code to get it.

meryllon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by meryllon on Jun 22, 11 10:11 AM
I was looking forward to this game after the positive reviews. But it drives me crazy when developers can't be bothered to communicate in actual English. "Hyksoses"? Addressing a female character as My Lord? or King? The cradle of *the* civilization? Colour me a nitpicker, but it's simply sloppy.

meryllon

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jun 28, 11 7:12 PM
Not a bad game it's certainly different. It's a mix of chain matches, match three, and hidden object. While you play these games, you build an empire sort of like Civilization with less action. Does need tweaking, though.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jul 4, 11 1:22 AM
Meryllon, any Egyptian ruler was called the king--hence the false beards for both sexes.

Hyksosis was more of a rank title than a plain old word.

Edited on 07/04/2011 at 1:24:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Antaares on Jan 6, 12 11:18 PM
Yay, 4 Stars! Thank you to the developers of Hexus! I love playing this game on my iPad2. I don't have or play many games, but the handful I do like are some BFG hidden object titles and now Hexus HD.
I love the quests, the graphics, and the story - but the city and avatar building are the most enjoyable for me. The grammatical errors don't distress me.

As I said, I really love the city-building aspect of the game, I can spend hours in that. What other titles have this great feature? Also, if I want to search for existing BFG games with the feature, is it always referred to city/world building?

[Post New]by Sushtina on Jan 7, 12 1:34 PM
I do not care what negative feedback has been received from people about this game...they must be outta their minds! I just want to know when there will be a Hexus 2/sequel.

This game was incredibly awesome...loved the adventure mode and it was VERY addictive! When I first downloaded and played a couple of rounds, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but once I understood it and got into it, I could not stop playing!

To date, it's in my personal Top 10 Favorite Games list of all time. It is so unique...not the same ole, same ole M3, swapping (boring) type of game.

The developers of Hexus and the devs of the Heroes of Hellas series are very clever with their different formats and keep it interesting.

I really hope they're considering developing a sequel to this game if they aren't already. Also, I hope they don't change a thing about the game. It's great the way it is...just want more of it!

Having Hexus withdrawals!

Araph
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Araph on Jan 9, 12 9:53 AM
Line up the two white balls between the locks to form a chain I level 31

[Post New]by SactownGamer on Jan 22, 12 10:48 PM
Just finished Hexus and was just SICK when it was over. What a great game!!! When is Hexus 2 coming out?

[Post New]by slgiacob on Jan 27, 12 3:35 PM
I just finished Hexus for iPad. It is a great puzzle game. I found it challenging and entertaining. I played through all 80 levels with no outside help. The directions were clear enough for me, though the 16 ball matches at level 80 did puzzle me initially. With a bit of thought, I figured how to do it and finished the level. What disappointed me was that after level 80 the game just ended. I wish I could have gone back to my city. I could have continued building, as I still had lots of money.

[Post New]by Rainbo7777 on Feb 9, 12 8:35 PM
I am using the iPad version and really enjoying it; however, there are no written rules. I can't figure out how to use the bonus symbols. I also can't find the goal of the game, nor how to move a building.

Could you please include instructions?

Thank you.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Feb 29, 12 10:00 AM
I agree. The instructions are poor to confusing. Game itself is excellent. As for how you know someone is a good proofreader you may want to check with this site, which is where I am registered.

http://www.thewritingdocs.com/

Kafinkee
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kafinkee on Apr 5, 12 3:25 PM
I love this game, just started playing it a second time. I wish I could buy more land to expand my village but there is plenty of play value anyway -- worth every penny for the collector's edition. My only disappointment concerns the Port. The first time I played, I couldn't upgrade from the smallest one no matter how much gold and silver I accumulated. This time, I didn't buy the small port as soon as I was able, waited until I had more than enough gold for the largest BUT it won't let me buy it!

Kafinkee
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kafinkee on Apr 5, 12 3:33 PM
Rainbo777...I don't have ipad version but I hope this helps...to move a building (or tree) just put your cursor over the one you want to move and you'll get a box asking you if you want to destroy or move it.

The goal is to defeat all "attackers" to finish the game and build your awesome village.

Just click on a bonus and then the ball or area you want to use it on/in. Like the paint brush one -- it changes the colour of the ball you click on to whichever colour you choose (when you choose that bonus and then click on a ball, you'll see a little ball of each colour appear above your cursor -- choose which colour you want to make the ball you've chosen). The "lightning" one is hard to understand -- most of the times I used it, it seemed that nothing happened; only once did I see it work and I don't know why so haven't figured out that one yet.

[Post New]by Robertjenk on Apr 16, 12 7:09 AM
I love this game,but I am really stuck. Can anyone tell me how to acquire people?
I have tried to figure this out to no avail.

[Post New]by Robertjenk on Apr 16, 12 7:15 AM
Rainbo7777 wrote:I am using the iPad version and really enjoying it; however, there are no written rules. I can't figure out how to use the bonus symbols. I also can't find the goal of the game, nor how to move a building.

Could you please include instructions?

Thank you.

[Post New]by Robertjenk on Apr 16, 12 7:17 AM
I love this game as well. It is a great combination of match three, strategy and hidden objects. I, too, am playing the iPad version and I am frustrated. Can anyone tell me how to get more people? I agree, instructions would be most helpful!

Need help building roads in hexus hd.

[Post New]by nmesechoff on Apr 20, 12 12:56 PM
It seems that this game does not have instructions on how to build roads. I maybe missing something but i have looked every where and on the internet for help.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. This game is great and very addicting. I get frustrated though because i cant do this function. Thank you very much.

Go to: