Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 22, 11 5:08 PM
daffymommy wrote:I have a glitch. I have picked up the parcel, I open the parcel and get the valve. Everything is fine in game play until I have to put the map on the airship, it won't let me! I have exhausted all conversations. I look into my inventory and the parcel is still there! I click on the parcel and there's the valve again. It's a catch 22!!

Please, please, please fix this.
Sadly you have hit a dead end. Do you have an earlier saved game from before the start of Gibraltar? This is a known bug. If you don't want to wait for it to be fixed, please get in touch with CS via the green envelope on the right for a refund.

[Post New]by daffymommy on Mar 24, 11 7:09 PM
Ugh. Yes, I think I have a game saved earlier, but it's much much earlier. Thank you for you help!

HudaD
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by HudaD on Mar 24, 11 7:46 PM
sarge464646 wrote:I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

I am stuck in the same place. First I had the lack of toner glitch in Brittany. Downloaded the game again and started from beginning. Got toner and moved on. When I first got no cutscene to move to Cairo after last chat with Count, I downloaded again and went back to a save at the portcullis coming into the palace and did all palace over again. No luck. I'm reluctant to download the game for a third time and/or start again from the beginning when it seems so full of glitches. I guess I'll contact live chat tomorrow.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Mar 25, 11 6:09 PM
Game won't let me finnish. Everything goes ok I even loaded the fruit in the vessel talked to everuone went to jail got out but when I go to light the fire I am told"Yoou need to add more fruit" HUH! I have printed out the walk through I read it and go line by line, and I still cannot get past that area. I have started - re started but Nothing! Some one tell me what to do PLEASE!!!!!

[Post New]by AliceInNowland on Mar 28, 11 2:47 AM
Hallo all,

The game was also unplayable for me, due to the glitches and dead-ends which most of us have experienced and mentioned above, so I've contacted the technical support and I must say I was angry...

The official answer is that they are working on a fix along with the developers of the game (though they didn't bother to inform us about it; instead, they encourage us to run through pointless and time-consuming processes of updating drivers and reinstalling software) and as soon as -and if- they find a solution, we'll be informed by the Game Manager.

Finally, they gave me a coupon for a game free of charge… No comments…

That’ s for your information. You may have the time and the patience to run through the processes suggested in the Help Pages –after all, you will end up with an updated driver for you graphic card– but don’t expect that this will solve your problems, cause most probably won’t… If so, consider yourself lucky…

Have fun

[Post New]by CashsMaMaKat on Mar 28, 11 8:01 PM
She will not run from the palazzo and the count. I cannot get past this and have done it so many times I could do it in my sleep. I would like to finish the game, but I feel that this may be a lost cause. Will BFG actually DO anything about this game's glitches,or have I just wasted my money on this game, as well as Nancy Drew Legends of the Crystal Skull, stuck there at the foozball machine for uncountable number of tries.?? Undecided, April's charges will be due soon....

[Post New]by Skillz231 on Mar 30, 11 7:02 AM
I'm experiencing a few difficulties while playing this game. The first one happens when I try to play the game with the woman in the back of the cafe in Eypt. While chatting with her I click on the option of playing "new game", then instead of having a chance to play, I get the option of "new game" or "end". I go through the steps again and the same thing happens. After about the third or fourth time of clicking on "new game" I get to play the game. I was able to bypass that problem by accident, but the problem that I am now experiencing I can't fix. I go to the merchant in the square to get a cup of milk. I've checked several walkthroughs and they all say the same, the pail is something that is suppose to be given to me during the conversation. Once the conversation is over, I check my inventory and the pail is not there. I, truly believe that this is a techical issue and am waiting for assistance so that I may continue the game. Thanks in advance.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 1, 11 7:39 AM
@Skillz
You do have to talk to Ali, and he has to tell you to get your milk from the camel trader before you can get the pail.

[Post New]by trestrain725 on Apr 7, 11 5:37 PM
I'm at the airship but I cannot open the roof. I have put the chain in and oil in the can but it will not allow me to add the full oil can to the mechanism. She just says "no that wont work" and other such no sensical phrases. What am I missing???? Please someone help!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 7, 11 5:49 PM
trestrain725 wrote:I'm at the airship but I cannot open the roof. I have put the chain in and oil in the can but it will not allow me to add the full oil can to the mechanism. She just says "no that wont work" and other such no sensical phrases. What am I missing???? Please someone help!
Did you get the oil from under the landing? You may want to look at the walkthrough for this part. There are quite a few things that need to be done to get it all working. There is a topic toward the top of the forum titled Walkthrough....., click there to get to the walkthrough.

actorres86
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by actorres86 on Apr 7, 11 8:45 PM
I've experienced two glitches with this game. The first in Venice when the historian was supposed to give keys to some tools in a showcase...the keys never showed up in the inventory. Had to start the game over again, and was able to get through to Cairo. However, after almost completing the Cairo scene the same glitch occurred. The antiquiter or whatever his name is, was supposed to take a scarf after having a conversation with him, but the scarf never left the inventory. I even saw my character "handing" the scarf over to him, but like I said, the scarf still remained. This glitch prevented me from proceeding through the rest of the game, and I refuse to start over again. I know for a fact that everything was done correctly (not to mention the fact that I am VERY experienced with adventure games of this nature, and this has never happened to me). Needless to say, I have completely given up on this game.

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by jibsoz3 on Apr 9, 11 3:21 AM
vkacademy wrote:AHA! If you downloaded the full version after the demo, you have to start a whole new game. You can't get the toner if you're continuing your demo game. I started over and now I have the toner.[/quote

I did start the game again after downloading it . but still can't get the toner.]

peachpie61
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by peachpie61 on Apr 14, 11 7:06 AM
Help! I've been looking through the posts hoping to find an answer to this problem but all I see are others having the same problems but no answers. I'm getting frustrated with this. I can't get the map to go onto the console of the airship. I've done everything else. The money was taken, I picked up the package, got the valve and filled the ship with air. [/b]BUT NOW THE DANG CONSOLE WON'T LET ME PUT THE MAP DOWN![b] . I have Win 7 64 bit and there have been issues with small stuff but nothing that stopped me. Now I'm close to the end and I have enjoyed the game very much and then this happens. I went back over to see if I missed something on the walkthrough and no I didn't, so I hope someone can give me an answer other than reinstalling the game which should not have to be done. There should be a patch or something if so many others are experiencing this same problem.

peachpie61
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life- putting map on console technical issues here onl

[Post New]by peachpie61 on Apr 14, 11 11:22 AM
I have found a solution to the problem I posted. I don't know that it will help everyone having the same problem but this is what worked for me:FIRST I got the valve and made the hydrogen with the salt, SECOND I fixed the green mechanism that opens the roof. Said goodbye to Sarah and then the Count followed me into the airship. The walkthrough probably assumes that we should know the count gets on the airship at this time with Sylvie, but I didn't catch it and it didn't offer that info that I could find. Hopes this helps all the other frustrated players with this problem.

[Post New]by fishie12 on Apr 16, 11 3:14 PM
i'm also at the part where the count won't follow sylvie into the airship. the money & cheque are still in the inventory, and the map can't go into the console of the airship. so far into the game, i really don't want to have to start all over!!! is there a patch to fix the glitch and continue from this point???

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 16, 11 3:16 PM
fishie12 wrote:i'm also at the part where the count won't follow sylvie into the airship. the money & cheque are still in the inventory, and the map can't go into the console of the airship. so far into the game, i really don't want to have to start all over!!! is there a patch to fix the glitch and continue from this point???
Did you talk to Sylvia about paying for the airship? After you need to go to the police station and get the package with the valve. Then the posts directly above these talk about how to progress from there. There is no fix at this time that I am aware of.

[Post New]by fishie12 on Apr 17, 11 6:36 AM
mcurty wrote:
fishie12 wrote:i'm also at the part where the count won't follow sylvie into the airship. the money & cheque are still in the inventory, and the map can't go into the console of the airship. so far into the game, i really don't want to have to start all over!!! is there a patch to fix the glitch and continue from this point???
Did you talk to Sylvia about paying for the airship? After you need to go to the police station and get the package with the valve. Then the posts directly above these talk about how to progress from there. There is no fix at this time that I am aware of.

yes, done all that. the airship has the gas needed, everything is ready. only that the count and sarah are still standing outside and he won't follow sylvie to the airship. so she can't map out the console, can't talk to anybody and stuck!

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Apr 17, 11 9:39 AM
I read through all the posts and I have a problem that no one has posted about, but it's the same type ~ an inventory problem. I'm in Cairo talking to the antiquary and he is supposed to give me a scarf but it never goes into inventory. I went back to an earlier save and still the same thing happened.

I'm very frustrated, because it sounds like these glitches have been going on for a long time and it is now April and still no update for the game fixing these issues.

I bought this game on sale this weekend because I remembered the demo as being so good and it was something like #4 or #5 in popularity for large file games, but I'm extremely disappointed that BFG has had knowledge of all these problems since the game first came out and has not fixed any of them. I will try contacting technical support before I start all over again ~ would hate to waste the time and end up having the same thing happen.

[Post New]by bootsy33 on Apr 18, 11 5:14 PM
I ran into the same glitch other people are reporting - I can't get the cut scene to run after the dialogue about the seeds. I went back to a saved game before Venice, but the second time I hit a different glitch: after going through the whole dialogue with the couple in the square, the mask and flare did not appear in my inventory. I suppose if I want to finish the game, I'll have to re-install it and start over - but who's to say I won't run into another glitch? I'm frustrated and annoyed and I want my money back!

[Post New]by barb1602 on Apr 24, 11 6:30 AM
I contacted technical support about the inventory issues on 7th April. The following is, in part, the reply I received.

[removed by moderator]

I'm hopeful that BFG are true to their word and that the new version is imminent.

B

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 1:46:59 PM PST

Go to: