Re:Post any The Stroke of Midnight technical issues here only

[Post New]by halcyon176 on Jan 25, 11 1:58 PM
Great game. The only issue is that after you have solved the microscope focusing puzzle, you cannot follow Eva's ghost through the door to the right. The game stops there. Screen still works and cursor can still activate some messages. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling to no avail. Thoughts?

[Post New]by luvs10s on Jan 25, 11 7:45 PM
I've tried to send a fault ticket to Tecnical support but I keep getting an error message so I've given up.

I appear to have the same graphics 'white blank' problem as alot of others. I've paid for the game in full.

I've unistalled and reinstalled twice. I have latest versions of Shockwave, DirectX, Flash and Java.

My PC is a bit ancient but this is the first time I've had a problem with a Big Fish game.

Windows XP
IntelPentium 4 CPU2 2.40GHz
2048 RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
1024x768

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Jan 25, 11 8:31 PM
Gee all these technical problems not being fixed and more games being added with, guess what..technical problems. Hate to say it but could the focus be so much on FaceBook that they are ignoring this site? Sounds like Big Sea again right before they went belly up.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Jan 25, 11 10:15 PM
You mob are not a very popular game company at the moment....just read the comments or do you? These games are hopeless!!!!!!

[Post New]by nimbus101 on Jan 26, 11 6:18 AM
I cannot follow a ghost after gathering the fever herbs. I never even saw a ghost. I am just stuck in this room.

[Post New]by nimbus101 on Jan 26, 11 6:19 AM
halcyon176 wrote:Great game. The only issue is that after you have solved the microscope focusing puzzle, you cannot follow Eva's ghost through the door to the right. The game stops there. Screen still works and cursor can still activate some messages. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling to no avail. Thoughts?

[Post New]by AnnaBellaBluEyes on Jan 26, 11 8:03 AM
I like the game, but it keeps freezing my computer and I have to do a hard reboot. It's very frustrating and I'm almost to the end of the game! I'm going to try to delete and download again and see if that helps.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 26, 11 11:53 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the technical issues that many of you are encountering with The Stroke of Midnight.

My best recommendation would be to take a look at our Help pages and to be sure to contact our Customer Support team. They'll be more than happy to assist and they can also gather information regarding the systems that are being affected, which they can send on to the game's developer.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jan 26, 11 11:28 PM
hd2222 wrote:Oh-h-h no!!! Curser is slow and jerky, took awhile to progress from the initial screen to the intro containing PLAY, EXIT, OPTIONS etc. Then, when game finally started, I had several small, medium and large "white areas" scattered throughout the scene. Obviously I elected to terminate the game as I anticipate things only becoming worse, or simply not playable. Anyone else experiencing this problem? SO discouraged ................... again.

Yes I had the same problems... all the while being soooo slow.... Don't know what's happening....
Any help would be nice!
(hint hint)
huggzz

[Post New]by poppitgirl on Jan 27, 11 12:26 AM
We tried downloading the game over and over. we even redownloaed game manger, but the game still wont play.we did all the steps and nothing worked. what should we do?

[Post New]by Nana4d9 on Jan 27, 11 10:12 AM
Stuck in the room with the weights and chemicals...followed directions and got green checks but no next scene...

[Post New]by josef123 on Jan 27, 11 11:38 AM
can any one tell me how to rotate the flower bunch and the tile in chapter 6 cause im stuck tks

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Jan 27, 11 2:54 PM
Tried again just now to play this game after completing Phantasmat [a fantastic game].

As before, cannot get this game to play after a couple of mins. It is not completed. Has tech talk in white writing game freezes when I complete the embroidered handkerchief/scarf. But even before that does not look as if it is ready for us to be playing.

I love the colours, [I am an artist] and love the graphics, want to play the game, but it is now 1-2 wks and nothing has changed. 13th Skull is not a favourite as yet, and Brotherhood of the Secret Snake has not been released yet. SO... at a loss with this one.

Any idea when this release is going to be technically viable? Not buying until it is.

Xen,

[Post New]by Acorna41 on Jan 28, 11 10:36 AM
halcyon176 wrote:Great game. The only issue is that after you have solved the microscope focusing puzzle, you cannot follow Eva's ghost through the door to the right. The game stops there. Screen still works and cursor can still activate some messages. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling to no avail. Thoughts?

I have exactly the same problem !!! - soooooooo disappointed am a loyal customer but getting fed up with glitches and buying games that only last an hour after the trial !!!

Jx

[Post New]by Tisharoo on Jan 28, 11 9:19 PM
I have tried to download this game three times and each time there is a blank screen with an orange x in the top right hand corner. I have purchased a lot of games from Big Fish and I have never had this problem. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I am very disappointed. I think sometimes when companies get big they get greedy and sloppy and the merchandise starts to be second rate. Hope this isn't the case with BF.

gamecrayz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by gamecrayz on Jan 29, 11 9:12 AM
I have noted that many of the newer games (especially the larger files) seem to have various technical difficulties. Currently I am stuck on this game at the first formula creation. I completed the formula correctly, got the "Done", but never got the "ghost". I cannot move on in the game. I can click on the ashes (which indicates there is coal there), but every action does nothing, the bowl is full with the potion, I cannot move anything on or off of the scales, although the "sparkles" indicate I can.

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Jan 29, 11 3:53 PM
I just skimmed thru others' problems, but I found the game completely unplayable. Took forever to load, was slow when I could see the screen, cursor jerky or unusable, then it would go to The Stroke of Midnight display screen (I guess while loading), & I'd find myself somewhere completely different in the story. When I left the game, it said I had 20 min left on the demo, I don't think I even played 5. Glad I demo'd, but I was really looking forward to the game. Definetly not a buy for me!

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Jan 29, 11 4:27 PM
Well I tried twice to play this. It downloads but then it starts to load and just locks up. I deleted and tried reinstalling, no go. Too bad it looked like it might be good. I rarely have this happen so I don't know what the problem is. What a shame! But after reading all these posts I see I am not alone in having a problem with this one.

[Post New]by BRIGID on Jan 30, 11 1:29 PM
esteroverde wrote:I keep getting the big white blocks as well. Can anything be done about it?

[Post New]by bonnietylerabbey on Jan 31, 11 1:21 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:It downloads fine, when I press play I get the Error message this is the 3rd 1 this month that I can't access through the game manager?? WHY!!

CS is 20 questions , I don't have for 20 questions!!

What they can do is fix the problem before releasing the game!!

i am sick and tired of game not working or frezing up i will proble end my membership as i am fed up i liked stroke of midnight but near the end it has frozen still mad as i can not finish

Go to: