WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 21, 11 12:06 PM
For folks REPOSTING QUESTIONS - you might want to scroll down a bit from where you found the post you copied, someone has most likely already answered it below. As is the case for both mkpmkp's and deptula's copied questions.

Dendale
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Dendale on Feb 21, 11 8:05 PM
Well I'm going to do the de-install and the reinstall thing cause everything was fine till I got to Miles's patio or porch (whichever) and I collected all the objects on the table except I was unable to put the jack in the box together. It just wouldn't let me pick up the last thing though I clicked it over a hundred times and the hint shows me exactly where to click but nothing happens. Pressing the mouse button harder doesn't work either. :^)

So anyway I can't get the ring from that set of objects which means I can't open the gate which means I can't finish the game which means I'm a little upset and will have to try again with a new install. Anyone else encounter this?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 21, 11 8:24 PM
Dendale,
Some have encountered some quirky things happening in this game. Not being able to get things in an H0 scene has happened before, but I haven't heard of it happening in this scene. Someone else had a lot of trouble with the oars. That person started playing the game over with a new profile and has had no trouble this time through.

You may want to try just exiting the game and coming back into it. Or the playing with a new profile. Can't imagine why you can't pick up the "spring" for the JIB.

[Post New]by sapphirelady on Feb 22, 11 2:26 PM
I am at the spot where the third ring is and have hit the hint button several times, but where the spring is, it won't do anything. Usually you see a hand where it can pick up an object. This does nothing and the spring is the last item for the jack in the box. I cannot really see it and clicking in the exact area that the hint highlights has not allowed me to pick it up. Is this a system problem or is there a way to get the spring? Please help?

Thank you!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 22, 11 7:53 PM
sapphirelady wrote:I am at the spot where the third ring is and have hit the hint button several times, but where the spring is, it won't do anything. Usually you see a hand where it can pick up an object. This does nothing and the spring is the last item for the jack in the box. I cannot really see it and clicking in the exact area that the hint highlights has not allowed me to pick it up. Is this a system problem or is there a way to get the spring? Please help?

Thank you!

This is so odd. This has never been a problem spot in this game and now there are two of you back to back (look at the two posts above yours, sapphirelady). Unfortunately, since this is a new problem, we don't really know of any fix, except to try exiting the game, shut it down, then go back in and see if it'll let you pick up the spring. If not, you might have to try starting over under a new player name. Sorry.

[Post New]by Jigbooie on Feb 22, 11 10:39 PM
I have done not badly, but am stuck with the snake. I know that I need something to drop the box, but cannot find anything in that scene or in the only other scene open. Any suggestions? Hep?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 22, 11 11:02 PM
Jigbooie wrote:I have done not badly, but am stuck with the snake. I know that I need something to drop the box, but cannot find anything in that scene or in the only other scene open. Any suggestions? Hep?

Hi Jigbooie! Welcome to the forums! The following are SPOILERS so you will need to highlight the white text below with your cursor to read:

You need to find a stick (near the snake and box), a string and a toy mouse. The string and toy mouse are found in hidden object scenes.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

[Post New]by ebworth on Feb 23, 11 1:32 PM
Ok so I've been trying to figure out how to find the 3rd dial on the sat phone part where is it located please if anyone can help thanks!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 23, 11 2:10 PM
ebworth wrote:Ok so I've been trying to figure out how to find the 3rd dial on the sat phone part where is it located please if anyone can help thanks!!

SPOILER (highlight below to read):
Check the yacht. There might be a book there that will help.

Good luck!

Dendale
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Dendale on Feb 25, 11 2:50 PM
sapphirelady wrote:I am at the spot where the third ring is and have hit the hint button several times, but where the spring is, it won't do anything. Usually you see a hand where it can pick up an object. This does nothing and the spring is the last item for the jack in the box. I cannot really see it and clicking in the exact area that the hint highlights has not allowed me to pick it up. Is this a system problem or is there a way to get the spring? Please help?

Thank you!

I finally found the spring but I'm not sure how exactly. I replayed the whole game to that point (under a new name) and it was the same situation until I pressed the hint button. Then instead of just one circled area there were two, with the second one plainly showing the spring under the chair to the right. After that it was simple.

Then I went back to my original game and this time for some reason I again got the 2 hint circles and was able to proceed.

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 2:55:29 PM PST

Dendale
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Somebody goofed

[Post New]by Dendale on Feb 25, 11 3:02 PM
Someone on the game developing team was not up on their art history!

There's a place in the library where you have to arrange books and other items into whether they are Greek or Roman. There are 2 statues. One is definitely Roman; the other, sorry to say, has nothing to do with Greece, as it is a statue of David by the Italian sculptor Michelangelo! This is such a famous statue I am surprised the mistake was made. Oh well, at least the game play is not affected.

[Post New]by fostermom50 on Feb 26, 11 1:27 PM
hwo do you find the sat phone i have been looking for it and cant find it

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 1:28:13 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 26, 11 1:36 PM
fostermom50 wrote:hwo do you find the sat phone i have been looking for it and cant find it

SPOILER!!!

At the villa is a bookcase with a puzzle -- you have to complete that puzzle to find the sat phone.

Need a walkthrough

[Post New]by tivieux59 on Feb 26, 11 1:56 PM
lovetoocraft wrote:Does anyone know if BF is going to post a WT for this game? I want to purchase the game, but won't unless there is a WT to get me out of jams I am not able to resolve on my own.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Need a walkthrough

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 26, 11 11:47 PM
tivieux59 wrote:
lovetoocraft wrote:Does anyone know if BF is going to post a WT for this game? I want to purchase the game, but won't unless there is a WT to get me out of jams I am not able to resolve on my own.

Nope, not on BF. But you have good hints, a great forum where all possible questions have already been asked and a map that tells you where you have things to do if you get stuck.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 11:48:31 PM PST

vasamuels
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by vasamuels on Feb 27, 11 1:20 PM

In order to build the ladder you need:
1. Another long piece of wood, similar to the one leaning on the ziggurat
2. A pile of wood for the steps of the ladder
3. A hammer
4. A box of nails

Hope this helps!

where is the other long piece of wood? i have all the other items. thanks!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 27, 11 2:32 PM
Highlight below to read:

****leaning against a wall by one of the rooms****.

[Post New]by buzzibee74108 on Feb 28, 11 6:23 AM
I AM STUCK IN THE HYDRA ROOM....CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THE EXTENSION CORD...HINT KEEPS POINTING AT IT....PLEASE HELP

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 28, 11 10:38 AM
buzzibee74108 wrote:I AM STUCK IN THE HYDRA ROOM....CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THE EXTENSION CORD...HINT KEEPS POINTING AT IT....PLEASE HELP

SPOILER (highlight below to read):
Use the scissors on the extension cord, then use the cut extension cord on the sawz-all.

Hope this helps!

P.S. All caps is considered shouting in forums.

[Post New]by silverlash on Mar 11, 11 2:05 AM
I am in the security room. I have found the key, set the buttons, (406..3..co) when I first put the key in it lit up. now that everything is in place, I can't turn the key. A green light is on on the satalite phone, but none of the monitors will come on. It keeps on sparking on the 3rd button which is the antennae. it doesn't seem to like the setting I chose, but I have tried all of the others without success. what do I need to look for
? Is there a walk through?

Go to: