19,504 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 7:27 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by HotGamer1255 on Jul 28, 11 4:21 PM

This game is AWESOME... It held my interest all the way through.. The Story line is intriguing. The Characters talking during the game It feeling so real,
and the great grahics.. The game draws you in... and the hint mode really hellps during the game...This is a Great Game enjoyable, Fun and exceting.
Thank You 5 Stars

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 4:23:42 PM PST

[Post New]by poko125 on Aug 9, 11 9:35 PM
It's one of my favorite games so far. The graphics are great loved the trophies.
I hope there will be a second.

[Post New]by lollipopkisses on Aug 27, 11 10:53 AM
PHANTASMAT is the bestest coolest awesomest hidden object game ever created. I would so like to play more just like it. Like, the same type of pictures, the sceneries, beautiful details, cool story and puzzles that are fun. This game is not boring at all. Not even close. I have yet to find an other game like Phantasmat. Any suggestions? What are some other games that were made/designed by the same people?

girlJaye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by girlJaye on Sep 3, 11 1:36 PM
Ok, so I know this game came out a while ago, but I just had to write a little something about it... all right, maybe more than a little! I played the demos for both the CE and the SE when they first released, but didn't have the funds at the time to purchase and when my game club coupons were issued this month, this was one of the first games that came to mind to redeem one on. WOW. That's all I have to say. Just, WOW. I purchased this game around 6.45 pm and played it for nearly 12 hours straight - ok, maybe I took a little nappy in there somewhere, but it had me pretty much mesmerised.

The graphics are fantastic, and the voice acting is so, so good for this type of game. Usually I get a little annoyed with voice overs, but I really found myself looking forward to the next clues that would come from the characters. The story itself is the best part - I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. This was just an excellent and creative blend of story writing and game play. I wish more casual gaming came in this format.

I don't think I'm giving anything away at this point when I mention that the **** scenes give you the option of switching to a match 3 game if you can't find items. I find this a much more creative - if time-consuming - way of ticking items off the list than simply clicking the hint button. Codeminion just broke the bank when it came to brilliant and creative new ideas with this game!

The best part of it all was the ending. I won't say anything about it but that I was so pleasantly and happily surprised by what they did that I don't mind playing it all the way through again just to get to this part.

All this being said, since this was really a free game for me - a monthly coupon code, I just went and purchased the CE. I really think it will be worth it. Sometimes I think I have a little addiction to the adventure games here, and I've played quite a few of them, and I have to say that this is really one of the most awesome ones I've ever played. Really.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Sep 21, 11 5:56 AM
Oh MY - how did I overlook this brilliant game when it first came out. This game has it all and was wonderfully done! Sometimes, in a lull looking for something really interesting to play, I'll go back through the games library. That's when I discovered this gem. So glad I found it and enjoyed it immensly. In fact, I'm going to replay it!!!

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Nov 16, 11 10:41 AM
This is a great game with lots to do. I was really enjoying it until chapter 18, where you have to bring down the diving suit and apply its missing parts. I mistakenly tried to apply one before I was able to bring it down, which is quite a challenge in itself considering the solution is random. The diving suit seemed to accept the piece and it disappeared from my inventory, but it tells me one piece is still missing. No kidding, you ate it! According to old posts by gamers who had similar problems, there is no way around this except to replay the game with a new profile.

Right now I'm soooo disappointed! After completing about 2/3 of a game I really like, with so much back and forth and so many HOS, I'm not inclined to start over! Would be nice to have a way to restart by chapter. Better yet, fix that glitch since quite a few players have encountered it! So, I do recommend the game, but be forewarned.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 16, 11 10:58 AM
If BFG Customer Service can't help you, I recommend popping over to Codeminion (who made the game) and discuss it with them. I'm sure they can help you, they're awesome people None of the beta testers came up with the problem you've mentioned, but I'm sure they can work out something to get you going, again

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Nov 16, 11 5:51 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, genkicoll! I'll look into that. I hope there's a better answer to my dilemma. The game is too good to just quit now but I really am not eager to start over.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 16, 11 7:48 PM
They'll find something, I'm sure of it I've played it through so many times I've lost track, but the bonus section only once

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Nov 22, 11 5:37 PM
Genkicoll, I thought I'd let you know that I did contact customer service with my question. There is no workaround for this problem other than to start over with a new profile. But since this is a known issue with the game, I was given a complimentary coupon code. You were so right about customer service being very willing to help. Thanks again for your suggestion.

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Dec 15, 11 11:46 PM
MURPHY wrote: This rates a 10 out of 10.......one of the very best games we've had in a long time. The developers were so original with everything from the hidden objects to find, to the match 3, (very clever), the story was great and the graphics were top notch! This could easily win "Game of the Year"!!!
don't know that i would rate it game of the year, but it is right up there.

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Dec 15, 11 11:48 PM
Diff kind of hog, I like it...as other people have mentioned, the match three is quite diff and nice..graphics are good...good mystery, overall very good game..

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Dec 21, 11 3:35 PM
This is definitely going to be one of my favourites. Only problem is, and perhaps someone could help, I am not able to go further down in the elevator where I need to be. I'm getting dizzy going up and down. How the devil do I get out of this? Please help.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Feb 3, 12 11:32 AM
Loved it!! I thought the graphics were awesom, game play good & voice overs good. A tad shy of of shortness the game.

A1mom
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by A1mom on Mar 18, 12 8:31 PM
This is the best game I've ever played. I got stuck a few times and had to leave to go to the "walk thru", only to come back and slap my self for not thinking of that. It took most of a week end to play and I loved almost every minute of it. The HO scenes were a challenge but not impossible. I enjoyed the fact that I got tropies for diff accomplishments with out using the "hint" button. More games should do that.

This game is well worth the money.

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Mar 19, 12 8:06 PM
May I say that after all this time, I have played this game multiple times. If you do expert mode, you will have one of the best and most difficult match games you could hope for. Love the story. Is equal to anything MCF in complexity and interest. Hope you try for yourself.

A1mom
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by A1mom on Mar 28, 12 1:59 PM
Change to original post

I first said that I loved the game, but that is no longer the case. Maybe it's me, but I don't like waiting 8 minutes for the hint button to recharge. A total waste of time! You can't go forward or back without waiting. WAY too long to wait for me.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on May 6, 12 12:04 PM
music irritating, sound effects we good. the graphics were colourful for the match 3 mini game the hidden object games were too dark. there were many challenges along the way e.g. the diving suit. over all a fab game well done big fish

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 10, 12 6:11 PM
Without-a-doubt, the most painfully-boring game ever posted on this site. The multitude of HOGs are blurly with the teenest articles to find. Nothing is clear, everything is in a fog. The hint buitton takes 5 minutes to recharge, although you can click forever with no punshment and you end up doing that because you just want to get out of the HOS. The characters are unnecessary and talk forever. And, you keep going into some kind of trance of black and white scenes and awake to the blinking eye syndrome. I remember playing the CE of this game and just got took with this SE game. My boo-boo, I should have checked my game list. Anyway. I do NOT RECOMMEND WASTING any of your money or free games on this incredibly-mundane game. Sorry BF, just AWFUL! Wish I could get my free game token back or this one. Stupid is as stupid does.

Go to: