jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by jjj13 on Mar 17, 11 3:52 PM
Great game. Well worth the money. Takes a while to get into swing of it but once do really enjoyable.

[Post New]by playermb on Mar 17, 11 8:42 PM
I liked the game but could not finish the last puzzle. Had the strategy guide and punched in the tiles it said to but didn't work What did I do wrong?

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Mar 18, 11 6:54 AM
Wish I hadn't wasted money on this one. Boring and the puzzles came with no instructions. I play all the time but couldn't see most of the patterns for the solutions.
What's up with not being able to read the "secret" messages after they go into the briefcase? Too bad there wasn't a "log". Map was a waste. How were we to know there were "special" things and what to look for. Come on designers, think before you rush a game.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 7:01:55 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 18, 11 5:04 PM
madstitcher54 wrote:Wish I hadn't wasted money on this one. Boring and the puzzles came with no instructions. I play all the time but couldn't see most of the patterns for the solutions.
What's up with not being able to read the "secret" messages after they go into the briefcase? Too bad there wasn't a "log". Map was a waste. How were we to know there were "special" things and what to look for. Come on designers, think before you rush a game.

ditto.....plus the "music" was repetetive and irritating

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 20, 11 12:50 PM
I really enjoyed this game - and at 4hrs 3 mins to complete, worth my credit!
There were a couple of irritations tho'- the pause between a scene loading and being able to start interacting with it (particularly the hid obj scenes), the lack of real 'hints' (they didn't help much at all!) and the conversations between characters - I'm an impatient player and the 'chat' annoys me, but that's a personal thing.
A good sequel to the first one and I'll probably play it again sometime.
4 out of 5 from me.

[Post New]by BeardBunch on Mar 21, 11 6:46 PM
lvfao wrote:
katcar897 wrote:I am stuck on chapter 2, I am trying to open the desk but it wont stay open and I cant find the wooden stick I need to keep it open. Any ideas?

Okay, I'm having the same problem. I see the desk and what looks like it might be a dark wooden stick on top of it (don't know if that's it or not), but I can't click on it and I dont' know how to make the desk stay open. I'm ready to quit and start another game, but I hate leaving anything unfinished. Can anybody please help me with this? I dont' care if it's a spoiler or not. :-(

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 6:47:21 PM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 23, 11 1:24 PM
A good game kept me busy and i did not get bored... I did not mind the lack of instruction for mini games they were not that difficult to work out .... also I liked having to earn hints ... we play these games to use a bit of grey matter as well as having fun.. sometimes those quick recharging hints are too tempting just to click rather than search ...yes I would recommend this one ... an easy going HOG with some tricky mini games...

[Post New]by touli10 on Mar 27, 11 7:33 AM
BeardBunch wrote:
lvfao wrote:
katcar897 wrote:I am stuck on chapter 2, I am trying to open the desk but it wont stay open and I cant find the wooden stick I need to keep it open. Any ideas?

Okay, I'm having the same problem. I see the desk and what looks like it might be a dark wooden stick on top of it (don't know if that's it or not), but I can't click on it and I dont' know how to make the desk stay open. I'm ready to quit and start another game, but I hate leaving anything unfinished. Can anybody please help me with this? I dont' care if it's a spoiler or not. :-(

Where is the piece of wood to keep the desk open?

[Post New]by touli10 on Mar 27, 11 7:35 AM
touli10 wrote:
BeardBunch wrote:
lvfao wrote:

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 28, 11 6:18 AM
I am almost at the end, I have really enjoyed this game, graphics and sound, So fishes hang in there you want be disappointed..happy gaming

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 29, 11 1:50 PM
I'm afraid I'll be the bad one. I quite enjoyed the 1st one, bought this one when it appeared and still haven't finished it as I'm really bored.

[Post New]by ninicole08 on Apr 3, 11 5:33 PM
Just finished this and it gets much better, you have to give it a chance. I loved the first one so I was really excited when the sequel finally came out. I bought it without demo... at first I was disappointed and bored, but I came back around to it. I ended up really enjoying! It had a nice degree of difficulty which I'm always looking for, I dont care for games that are too easy.
The game started off way too easy, but believe me, it picks up. And if I remember correctly the first one started of fairly simple as well.

Don't give up on this one!

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Apr 9, 11 3:48 AM
HELP...I am splashing about......

I am enjoying this game...like the graphics in the hidden object games....BUT I am floundering in the BOOKSHOP.....I cannot seem to close it ????
Cannot use the secret door?

In the church hallway also...there is a secret entrance...the guy will not let me go thru??

I have checked with the walkthrough...and it is the first time I can't figure it out?

Dumb or what? ====== please assist before I drown...!!!!

magi

[Post New]by babygoldacres on Apr 21, 11 11:39 PM
Great game, not too challenging which I like.

I definitely would recommend this game.

x

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 1, 11 7:15 AM
Just finished the game. The guy is a bit of a dork, but the game was enjoyable. However there were a few glitchs that were a bit odd and I still had items in my inventory when the game ended and what happened to his sister??? Oh well, it was fun. The games were tricky...no good clues or help with them. You had to figure out what you were suppose to do to make them work and then try to solve them. Odd. The story seemed to kind of be all over the place and didn't exactly flow really well. Characters just seemed to drop off the map.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jun 11, 11 7:48 PM
Turns out the game is actually broken.

There is a spot in Chapter Four where you can enter a location but can't leave it again without solving two puzzles. The problem is, it is possible to enter this location without the item you need to solve the first puzzle. As a result, the game has to be re-started, and that's just pathetic.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jun 18, 11 6:23 AM
I tried searching to see if this had already been commented but could not find anything and only read thru about 1/2 the comments so...

I always play in windowed mode but cannot with this game because it says my desktop resolution is too small. I also did not see anywhere to edit a player name so 2 or more people could play at once. Although I enjoyed the first game, with the mixed reviews I think I'll pass on this one...

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Sep 26, 11 11:02 AM
I'M INCLUDING THIS 'COPY & PASTE' FROM THE GAMES GENERAL DISCUSSION TITLED:
"can't go down the secret passage" (chpt 2)--
this is the Last entry & then my post--can anyone HELP????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 29, 11 6:21 AM
Don't know if we are talking about the same passageway or not, but I cannot go down the passageway in the church. I have pulled the chest away with the pyramid on it but when I click to go down, the man comes on and says I cannot do that because the bookseller will catch me. According to the walk through, I should be able to do this. Am I missing something or is this a glitch in the game?

godschild1955
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Cant go down the secret passageway

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Sep 25, 11 3:24 PM
@ desandnrs --- I have been on here SOO many times trying to get Help for this EXACT PROBLEM!!!!
EXACTLY the way you Described It!
PLEASE....if Anyone Answers You, PLEASE Let Me Know!!!
Thanx!!!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 6, 12 5:58 PM
Just finished this game and it took me a record 9+ hours to complete as I took it easy and read the whole story, did all the puzzles and completed all the hidden object scenes. On the whole, I thought the game was very well done, lovely clear graphics, interesting storyline, lots of things to do. The only negative was the amount of Hidden object scenes - seemed there was one for every tool needed.

Will go and check out the first game. Thanks devs!

[Post New]by raynestormrn on May 4, 12 1:36 PM
highly enjoyable. Not too much backtracking, and backtracking is easy, as you have a map that will take you instantly to where you need to backtrack. Lot of hidden object scenes, but not too cluttered. Overall enjoyable storyline.

Played the first awhile back, but for some reason never checked this one out. Glad i did, definitely a deal at 2.99

Go to: