Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Mar 9, 11 7:55 AM
vicalana wrote:I think I'm spoiled rotten. I may have considered this game a year ago, but not now. Found all the clicking text etc tedious. Wasn't interested in the story - was there one? I think I must have skipped the intro. No buy for me.

There was no intro. It went straight to the game. I thought I missed that, but NOPE. I think I'm spoiled too. These games so far have really stunk!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 9, 11 8:25 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:Where in the world are you finding these games? Flea market? Dollar store? Along the side of the road? or????

...the MORGUE!!! They have dragged this game up from the UNdead!

LOL, well really that just makes sense since the Haunted House theme 'has been done to death'! (YAWN)

[Post New]by cinderella49 on Mar 9, 11 9:47 AM
Boo....hisss! Have consulted tech, will uninstall & reinstall, if no better, will consider opting out!

[Post New]by 06sixcats on Mar 9, 11 10:12 AM
I suppose I'm strange but I really enjoyed this game. It was very challenging and once you got into the game you knew what to do. I finished the game with alot of hints!! but that's ok. The one important thing about this game is that you have to take your time. You can't slam dunk through it. I know I am guilty of doing that with some games. I was determined I was going to finish this one and I'm glad I did. Take another chance with it, you might like it if you give it time.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Mar 9, 11 10:50 AM
Alas I too have become a victim of the NO LIKE, NO WAY, NO BUY club for this game.Not to beat a dead horse to death, but dreadful music, huge cursor, and the inventory........what's up with that? I did manage to use the amulet in the main hall to be able to go upstairs..........but when it came to clear the ghosts from the attic...........no matter what I did......nothing happened and when I used a hint it said something like "maybe the amulet might help here." But when I tried to use it, it said "these two items cannot be used together" WHAT????? And the way to use the inventory items..left click to pick up, right click to see details...........then having to keep closing out every pop up box just got to be too much. I usually have patience with these types of games, as I like a good challenge..............challenge NO...............irritating YES!!

[Post New]by FirecrackerGirl on Mar 9, 11 11:18 AM
Just tried playing the game even after installing the DirectX 9.0 (and unchecking the Bing box), but I found it fuzzy in viewing and disjointed compared to a lot of other games I've downloaded and/or purchased. So...I quickly uninstalled it and hope that also got rid of the DirectX download as I can't find it when I search. Game might have been halfway decent, but I didn't like the format and the fuzziness. Sorry but this is a definite no for me.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Mar 9, 11 12:03 PM
I tried this game...I am so hungry for a decent game, it's raining outside had some time to myself and I choose this to play..sorry I was terribly disapppointed, I guess I got tired of "can't use these two together messages.. its ANOTHER NO buy for me!

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Hated it.

[Post New]by SuzyF on Mar 9, 11 12:16 PM
I agree with everyone! Horrible. I couldn't take it anymore and got out of the demo after about 30 minutes. It puzzles me why some of the graphics in this game were good while most of them were grainy or fuzzy. Really? It's like it was put together by two completely separate people. The jumble puzzles games became completely annoying ~ lack of imagination perhaps? Sorry, I'm giving this one an D-.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Mar 9, 11 12:25 PM
I tried. I really tried. But after 15 minutes, I just gave up. The Hidden Object scenes are just too dark and the objects too well hidden for my eyes. Everywhere I turned, doors were locked. And what's with this finding gems???? Shooting ghosts???? Definitely a big NO for me!

SandraDaL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SandraDaL on Mar 9, 11 12:32 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who absolutely hated this game. I played for less than five minutes and that was pushing the limits of my patience. The cursor was terrible and the "choices" for music, cursor, etc. were not choices. You either had it or you didn't. I really enjoy HOG, but lately the menu has been a bit deficient.

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on Mar 9, 11 12:39 PM
Well I made it through 40 minutes of the Demo - ugh, so not fun. I had read some of the comments before I played so I wanted to give it a chance in case I was pre-disposed to dislike it. Yeah, just didn't like it. I am spoiled by some of the beautiful HOG and IHOGS that have come out and the gorgeous large file games that I have been playing at.

This was just not a well done game - did it want to be a HOG, an arcade, a puzzle game? While I like HOGS with min-puzzles and little extra games I thought I would scream if I had to do one more swapping pieces puzzles. Oh, and the clicking to open a window, the clicking to close a window, the annoying pop ups of, what, medals? when I completing something......

Anyhoo, this one will not even make it to the "wait for a $2.99 Special" list.

Let's see what tomorrow offers.

Happy Playing !!!!

[Post New]by africangreylady on Mar 9, 11 12:57 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:Where in the world are you finding these games? Flea market? Dollar store? Along the side of the road? or????

...the MORGUE!!! They have dragged this game up from the UNdead!

You hit that one right on top of the UNDEAD head! Someone must have left the crypt door open, cause this one is a real stinker!

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Mar 9, 11 1:53 PM
Ditto to all the above. Even if I'm not crazy about a new game, I will play for the hour, just for something to do. Six minutes was all I lasted. I thoughtthat it might be a good one, based on the title. Not!!!! i my opinion it was worse than any of the HdO's put out .

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Mar 9, 11 2:32 PM
I demoed this game for the entire hour and enjoyed it. It reminded of an old style adventure game. The controls were fairly easy because so many of the older games I own have the same type of controls. I'm sorry that so many members didn't like this game but tomorrow is another day, right? I have a backlog of adventure and LFGs right now but I will be adding this to my list of buys later this month.

I hope those of you who didn't enjoy this game find a game you like very soon. There were so many members who felt that they wanted to give up their BF membership. I hope you'll reconsider that decision. BF is one of the safest sites for game purchases I've ever found. Whatever decision is made, I hope you find a site that offers you the types of games you will enjoy.

Have a great day everyone.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 9, 11 2:55 PM
I played the full hour and bought. It is such a different game it will be hard to do. BUT I will try with help from the fishies.

[Post New]by arsenals on Mar 9, 11 2:58 PM
I actually think this is a good game not sure why so many awful comments...i do tons of hidden object games and the ones i dont care for never finish but this one is very good...EXCEPT im near the end and need last gem and have pick but not sure what to do sigh and no walkthrough out yet

[Post New]by becordrey on Mar 9, 11 3:01 PM
Deleted after 9 minutes.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 9, 11 3:27 PM
I enjoyed the demo except for a few things.

Dislikes -
1. Cursor doesn't always accept what is clicked on. I guess that is because the object is not exactly in the middle of the crosshairs. I understand why the cursor is the way it is because it's easier to shoot ghosts with the targeting cursor but the cursor should be a little more forgiving in the hidden object portion of the game.
2. The pop up screens where you always have to click the checkmark to move on is an annoyance.
3. Hint system. - losing ten minutes for a hint and it takes about 2 minutes for the hints to refresh.
4. Skip a minigame - lose twenty minutes. It's a good thing I don't care two hoots about how much time I am using. I skipped the jigsaw puzzles in the demo because they take too long to complete. When I buy the game I will create a new profile and play them. The loss of huge amounts of minutes because a game is skipped or you use a hint is unforgiveable even though I really don't care about the time. The time loss is bad enough but the stupid pop up that comes up verifying whether you really want to complete the action or not is annoying and causes a player to click too many useless times.
5. Hidden objects are not always visible. The clock being almost off the screen is a cheat for a hidden object. Unless you are just clicking on everything the second clock will never be found.

Likes -
1. The game has a lot of different types of games within it. It's an adventure game, a shooter, puzzle game and hidden object game. I like all of those types of games.
2. The graphics were quite clear on my screen.
3. The game is easy to figure out and is easy yet a little challenging to play.

I will buy this game as a daily deal but I won't pay for it at $6.99.

The developer should redo the game without the annoyances and players just might buy the game.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Mar 9, 11 3:34 PM
I for one am enjoying this game! I LIKE that there are multiple tasks - hidden objects, some arcade stuff (and not too difficult either!), etc. Eventhough there is no walkthrough - which I use to determine length of game, I took a chance and have found that the game is not a quick one...I have almost finished some games within the alotted hour before. I'd like to see more games like this with a few tweeks:
cursor needs to be better, I HATE the window that pops up every time I click on something then have to click on the check mark to procede...these are just a few things that are annoying to me. Anyway, I like the game!

Big Fish Desperate for $$$??

[Post New]by Editrix on Mar 9, 11 5:25 PM
So many users are right; seems the only decent games these days are the collectors' editions, which, frankly, get too damn expensive at $14 a pop (no, don't bore me with the fact they're $13.99. That penny means nothing, and everyone knows it).

Graphics - Not great, and too dark.

Options - Suck. No other way to say it; it takes seconds to code a game to provide a sound option. Toggling? Really?!?

I'm another who doesn't want video game elements in my hidden object games. If I want to shoot ghosts, or anything else for that matter, I'll buy different games. Mini-puzzles are fine; puzzles fit in with the whole hidden object vibe. Shooting ANYTHING does not.

Lastly, the game brings tedium to a whole new level. Too much to read; not bad enough we have to find gems, then we have to find PIECES of gems; it's nearly impossible to open any doors, find the right tools to manipulate objects, etc.; too much clicking, clicking, CLICKING. Click to get into the satchel, click to pick up an item, click again to close the satchel, click to open the satchel to put the item back, click to close the satchel again, click on sparkling items, click to close the text windows of said sparkling items, multiple clicks to read the useless letters. etc., etc. WTF?! Are you kidding me, developers? What the hell were you thinking?

Oh, and this just might be my user name speaking, but I've got one word for ya: Proofreader.

Big Fish, I love ya, and a $6.99 monthly fee isn't breaking my bank, but in this economy, I'm not interested in wasting money, no matter how small the amount. So please stop wasting my time with games from lazy-**** developers who slap crap together with no regard for customer satisfaction, just so they can make a fast buck.

Or maybe just canceling my membership is the easiest solution.

Go to: