sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Mar 10, 11 11:41 AM
serengeti wrote:dear big fish ,i love your site,but it is true we are paying big money for CEs once a week and the other six days are not quite good enough standard, you have loads of betas waiting to come out couldnt you release one or two of them a week.I must say the quality of some of the games released over the last few weeks made me feel like i had gone back five years in time.Please give us decent games to spend our credits on.

I do have to agree with the going back in time statement. Other than the CE's the offerings lately have looked like they were made AGES ago (computer wise). I'm not going to waste even a free credit on something that looks like it came out of the dollar bin at Walmart.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Mar 10, 11 11:51 AM
grma61 wrote:I am ready to buy CE game which one would you all chose any one from the last few
weeks?

Oooh, VERY good question!! I've been wavering myself and can't decide. It would be great if the people who have the last 3 or four could say which is their favorite.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 10, 11 12:04 PM
Valdy wrote:
satexasgirl wrote:
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Sorry to go off topic, but is that the sequal to Briar Rose?

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Nope. The sequel to Briar Rose was called "Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince".
And the next "Dark Parables" game will be about the Snow Queen.
Hope this helps.

Oh, and sorry to get off topic, guys. Just wanted to help someone out.

Thanks Valdy

On topic, having given in & bought this version, I am not disappointed at all

[Post New]by africangreylady on Mar 10, 11 12:11 PM
I've played 30 minutes and had to get out to buy the game. I love the Celtic theme of this one. The graphics are a bit dark, but not so bad that I couldn't find the objects. The storyline is a bit spooky, but I haven't lost any freckles due to fright...yet!. Music is appropriate for the subject. I like that the strategy guide is available for the demo, too. I guess I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the afternoon...lol.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Mar 10, 11 12:17 PM
I LOVE this game! I just vowed yesterday not to get any more CEs, but I couldn't resist. Having the Strategy Guide in the game is a real plus for me, even more than other bonus content. Having it work in the demo is icing on the cake, because I can get a good idea of how the gameplay will go for me.
The graphics are almost always clear, and while I had some difficulty finding things, it was because of clever hiding, not because they were impossible to see.
The "boomerang" was a bit of a facer, since it isn't any such thing, I tried to find something like it on the web and couldn't, so I don't know if it's actually a Celtic shape or not, but it looks vaguely like weapons I've seen elsewhere.
The Hint button is a Skip button for the games, which was irritating because I kept forgetting.
My sneakers are not quite worn out and I've finished the demo (with 1 minute to spare). I actually forgot I was playing a demo because I was so absorbed in the game.
If you don't like the occult you won't like this one, but other than that, it's great.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Mar 10, 11 12:34 PM
daisyduck352 wrote:
CasualGran wrote:@Lunachan and @Dobbiemijnboekje, could one of you two, or anyone else, tell me exactly how puzzles in this game can be skipped? Maybe I'm getting old, but up till now I haven't discovered a skip-button.

Thank you!
Use the hint button and it will skip the puzzle.

Thanks Daisyduck! Other fishies have been telling me this already, but that doesn't lessen your effort to answer me. Very friendly.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Mar 10, 11 12:44 PM
Just spent the last 50 minutes playing the demo and found it to be quite easy. Still not understanding what the big deal is with CE's, but that's just me. I did use the help button a few times just to gage how well it did help. Didn't find any issues there. Although it is not challenging, it might make for a good game when you want to unwind and destress (not that ANY of us are EVER stressed).
Bessie Mae

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 10, 11 1:08 PM
Well well what a surprise,another half decent game and it's a CE.Sorry to keep banging on for the poor guy but some of us really can't afford them.It's getting really hard to stay loyal to BigFish when they do this,come on let's have some really good HOG SE's or at least quicker after the CE version.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 10, 11 1:11 PM
bella81762 wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
mamacarole629 wrote:I totallyy agree with mycatluna. Really, peglegann, you should learn to play nice. Enough said, now I am off to play. Sounds like a good game.

peglegann is one of the nicest people in this forum. The moderators have asked all of us to please post only game reviews and comments in the comment and review thread a multitude of times. What part of that needs detailed elaboration? I will be more than happy to clarify it for you/anyone in a PM if further explanation is necessary.
glad to be of service,
Dr.good

Well said Dr. Good! Thank you pegleann for your fabulous reviews in the games forums and for politely trying to get this thread back on track.

but how is any of this about the game...its not either...

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 2:09:49 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 10, 11 1:19 PM
Another great weekend iHOG CE game. Tried the full demo, and really enjoyed. Although not too difficult, still an enjoyable seek and find game. The mini games are unique, and the music appropriately eery for the the game. I had no technical glitches while playing, and the load time between scenes was fast. The hint button if needed, also charges fairly rapidly. Graphics are good.

I've been trying to curb my CE purchases, because I don't use the extra's (sound music, screen savers & rarely the strategy guides), but sometimes will do so, if I am enjoying the game play enough, and not willing to wait weeks for the SE. I'm interested in following the story line in this one. I'm also not anal retentive about the occasional typo, which Is most likely due to developer fatigue at times. After all, they are human. If it were in a dissertation, I would probably take more notice, but could care less in a game. It is the game play I'm most focused on. My faith is also strong enough, that it is not threatened by a game. Sorry to find that it offends some. Different strokes for different folks I guess, and EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINIONS, WITH MATURE TOLERANCE WARRANTED TOWARDS THEM FOR IT! Some of these 'adults' need to grow up! If not, life will remain a living hell for them, as it must be. Their loss.

Anyway, looks like we can expect a CE close to every weekend. Happy gaming and weekend ahead fish fans!

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 1:41:47 PM PST

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Mar 10, 11 1:28 PM
[b]Enjoyed this game even tho I had to purchase it. Was hoping for a game I could use my credit's. Maybe tomorrow. At least I got 3 credit's on my punch card. No need for me to comment further since all you fishies did a splendid job with your commentary.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 10, 11 1:43 PM
just finished the demo, enjoyed the play. highlights imo were the use of tools to obtain hidden objects. i only skipped one puzzle, slider, which i rarely get anyway. i did try it for a few minutes, but since it was demo i moved on. some of the puzzles i got through but it was so quick i am not sure what i did right.
i play without sound so no issues there.
i like 'em dark, so that's good, i like 'em hard, and that's not been the case so far...i found the hog scenes pretty easy, some hidden better than others, duh. puzzles so far are ok, but the story line is interesting. graphics are good. only got to the coffin box so dunno how much better it will get. thinkin positive here..
buy for me, but i do agree with some others, and would prefer to have the option to use a couple of credits i have saved up. i totalled my history purchase, and was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if for every 50 or 100 games we were given a ce credit?
just sayin...

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 10, 11 1:58 PM
Hi folks,

As the conversation has gone off track, I've unstickied this thread and have created a new one that you can find here.

Please reserve our Comments & Reviews threads solely for your thoughts/reviews/opinions on the game itself.

If you come across any posts that might be veering off topic in our Comments and Reviews threads, please PM a Moderator and we'll be happy to help get things back on track.

For all of you who have contributed a review to this thread, please feel free to re-post in the new stickied thread. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

grma61
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by grma61 on Mar 10, 11 1:59 PM
satexasgirl wrote:
grma61 wrote:I am ready to buy CE game which one would you all chose any one from the last few
weeks?

That's hard, but I personally like this one as well as "Dark Parables: The Frog Prince".

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:02 PM
doctorgood wrote:I'm lost.
Where is the C&R thread! I can't find it!
Dr.good

I think the moderator moved it to chit chat corner...which leaves this forum as the only place left to complain about CEs (how many of us really use chit chat corner?) then I think players that post here about CEs should be cut even more additional slack. The moderator should have left that forum open and available and in plain sight.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Respect

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:14 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
mycatluna wrote:Come on now fishies. People can post what they want to post in the forums. It is the COMMENTS and reviews thread.

It is a hot-button issue for A LOT of members so why stifle it? Just don't read those posts if you don't want to, it really is that simple!

I've been in my share of forums and the reasoning of "having to sort through all those comments is annoying" just isn't a logical reason to get upset. Do we all read every review that's posted, whether game related or not? And there can be dozens of pages of people's game reviews. So that reasoning makes no sense.

I really think it should just be, well, let be. There's no reason for the forums to become a playground complete with bullies and those getting beat up by bullies. It is quite sad really. We're all adults here...playing nice should not be hard to do.

The beauty of the forums is being able to share whatever COMMENTS and reviews players want to share. No one forces anyone to read all of the content.

As far as I know, the comment and review thread does NOT translate into "comments and reviews that are deemed acceptable for posting by a few players."

Oh, that's just lovely. Now the people asking politely for the review thread to stay on topic are 'bullies'.

I've had enough of this, there's just not enough value in reading these game forums to offset the aggravation anymore.

If everyone was polite, I would not have posted the message. If have been polite, then kudos. And if you have, then the bully comment should not affect you as it would not apply to you, right? No names were used specifically.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 10, 11 2:17 PM
Had opened another thread about CEs and credits but apparently it has been moved to the chit-chat corner where I can't find it. A lot of comments, in this forum, should be moved to the same place. Selection ??
Comment only you said, I'll be short : very good, graphics, good story, mini games not too difficult, music a bit repetitive after a while, hint refills quickly, played the whole demo and bought it.
Hope this comment wasn't out of purpose.
Didn't find Goofy in this forum, did I miss her or is she tired of giving us such good comments and review ?????

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Mar 10, 11 2:17 PM
I really wanted to like this one (not that I have the funds to buy another CE this month though ) but couldn't get into it at all. I found the graphics a bit grainy, and the same old cliches - pipes to be fixed for the fountain, rusty gears and the like - are just a bit... well... boring. The puzzles were a mixed bag (I did skip most to get more gameplay in though). I didn't really like the H.O scenes either, I don't know why. The game really reminded me of another game (or games?) but I can't think what. I just felt that it had all been done before, and this game was nothing new for me. I only played 27 mins, and felt a bit bored. I think I am in the minority here! But I can see why other people would like it, just not for me.

detecto63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by detecto63 on Mar 10, 11 2:21 PM
I can't afford CE games. Being I am on limited income. Lately most games have been CE... Don't understand WHY credits can't go toward payment of CE games.. I'm really about to cancil subscription. Just keep what I have...Just sayin...

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 10, 11 2:25 PM
mycatluna wrote:
doctorgood wrote:I'm lost.
Where is the C&R thread! I can't find it!
Dr.good

I think the moderator moved it to chit chat corner...which leaves this forum as the only place left to complain about CEs (how many of us really use chit chat corner?) then I think players that post here about CEs should be cut even more additional slack. The moderator should have left that forum open and available and in plain sight.

CCC is quite a popular place; this thread, on the other hand, has become infected with CE thrashing, which I don't think was the intent. Those of us who care about THE GAME will move on, while those who care about complaining are welcome to stay here.

Go to: