bgibsonaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Revenge

[Post New]by bgibsonaz on Mar 25, 11 12:01 AM
Most definitely will not purchase this game, very choppy and lack of instructions other than "can't use hint here"..

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 25, 11 12:28 AM
I'm wondering...BFG always boasts with how thoroughly they test the games before they offer them on their side. Why then are they so many problems with this one?

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Mar 25, 11 5:03 AM
I think this game could have been great. BUT there are flaws as others have said so won't repeat them. I think the imagination of the game creators is wonderful and I hope they will carry on and try again as I thought there were a lot of innovations that worked. But there was something that didn't quite gel. However kudos for something different.

Would also like to add - that if I had been entombed alive I think i would want revenge also!!

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Mar 25, 11 7:29 AM
This has been reviewed extensively and doesn't need my additions except for this one. Please, developers, not a clanging gong sound for a hint.

myid39
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by myid39 on Mar 25, 11 1:48 PM
Definitely having fun with this one. It's nice to think for a change instead of just running around for another key and another crowbar.

Glad to see helping hands are around just in case.

Silly me though, I thought stoup was a pretty common word and I am not even of that faith or one who goes to pubs. And goutstool? Well, that's pretty self explanatory also.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 2:08:33 PM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 25, 11 4:02 PM
tamecamcmillan wrote:I'M AT THE GRAVE YARD WHERE THE STATUES ARE . I PUT THE BIG CANNON ON THE CHAIN ,BUT WHERE DO I PUT THE LITTLE ONE. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASEEEEE.

Welcome to the pond, tamecamcmillan! You get answers to gameplay issues faster if you start a separate thread - this one is for Comments and Reviews. But since you are here, highlight to reveal the text below:
There is a pillar on the right with a cross-shaped inpression. Put the smaller cannonball there. You will use that to move the big cannonball along the track overhead, and there is another smaller ball below that to release the big ball.
Hope that helps! Check the other thread for more hints, and you may want to release your caps lock so it doesn't seem like you are shouting. Have fun!

[Post New]by bingotowin on Mar 25, 11 4:24 PM
why? since more than one player asked do u not tell where to find the ROD for the turtle I have tried every thing I can think of. I went back to every gate and tried every thing .................NOTHING Getting very MAD

[Post New]by jalinde on Mar 25, 11 9:33 PM
good game but all games should have a walkthrought I have got over 200 games I have played..and paid for..

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 25, 11 9:54 PM
Well, here I go swimming upstream against the current again just call me Salmon. I like this game. . I played for 53 minutes without even realizing it. Only stopped because I wanted to make sure that the demo did not time out on me! I hate when my screen goes black unexpectedly! Did not expect to be cutting it so close. I think the graphics are great and am enjoying the "old" and sometimes foreign names for things. And I get a kick out of the "aha" moments when I figure something out! This from a person who buys CEs partly because of the built in SG! . There are grammatical and translational errors, but mostly I laugh at those and just keep playing! Anyway, to any who haven't played it, I say give it a try. I haven't had any problems tech-wise with it so far. Well, I just bought it and am off to play! Happy Gaming Everyone!

dreck
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by dreck on Mar 25, 11 11:03 PM
SPOILER ALERT
I totally agree with all the spoilers that have been said about this game. Unfortunately, I paid for this but I am only getting frustrated & can no longer put myself through it. On some scenes the mouse interaction is very slow and boring. Come on BigFish, you can do heaps better than this.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 25, 11 11:25 PM
i was beginning to wonder if the late hour and all the meds were to blame for my difficulty in understanding what was supposed to be going on... well, now i know it wasn't just me and now it isn't going on anymore... ICK!

i totally LMAO in the opening sequence with all the errors, but when the game itself was also chock full of bad diction... i had to "drawl" a line "somewheres"

i definitely give the devs points for creativity with the whole mermaid crystal ball thingy... that was something i don't recall having seen as of late... but i couldn't get into the game enough to stop the side chatter going on in my head... like - why did she have to take the whole chariot? if i was in a hurry and wanted to get somewhere over rough terrain, i would have just hopped right on the horse and gone... and traveling in that dress? put on something practical, why don't you? and the whole 'blood in the potion' thing - really? not to mention how long it takes to actually gather all the ingredients for it... and by the time i finally made it across the lake? i was just done stick a fork in me

so while the game was... interesting... i just don't have the gumption to stick it out! sorry, guys, but you'll be goin' this one alone -

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 26, 11 4:36 AM
The first 10 or 15 min. of this game was great. Sucked me right in but I am glad I went on to play farther before buying. The Hidden Object scenes started getting harder and you had to guess at what they were looking for. In some cases it was simply that I had never heard of the object but in some the object simply didn't look like what they were asking for. The concept of this game was different than I am used to seeing but it got kind of sketchy. Kind of had to guess at what you were doing. There are some good points to this game though. The hint refills quickly and it's a good thing. The story line could have been great.
There is no walk through for this and that's a deal breaker for me all on it's own. I have been stuck before with no answers.

malni
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by malni on Mar 26, 11 4:52 AM
i´m at the beginning of the game, found the ingredients for receipe, the scroll, the cauldron and water, put the cauldron on fire, filled with water and the ingredients. and now at the receipe is a hand with a knife and blood, but I can´t find anything or solve this problem. maybe it is to simple or i´m stupid. Please help

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 26, 11 5:57 AM
malni wrote:i´m at the beginning of the game, found the ingredients for receipe, the scroll, the cauldron and water, put the cauldron on fire, filled with water and the ingredients. and now at the receipe is a hand with a knife and blood, but I can´t find anything or solve this problem. maybe it is to simple or i´m stupid. Please help

You are certainly not stupid! LOL! You need to go over to the right and you will find a second H0 scene, when you have finished that, you will get the knife. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by thingamabob on Mar 26, 11 7:52 AM
Even with all the problems and at times frustrating I really injoy this game.,

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 26, 11 9:14 AM
So very much to like in this game, that I gave in and
bought it without a walkthrough. Made it to the end
only with lots and lots and lots of help in the forums.

Wish there had been a little more help in the game as
it is very different. Biggest problem for me was
the three pictures close to the end. Couldn't make
them larger or less dark so things like trying to place
a jug on a table I couldn't see just made for random
clicking and clicking and clicking. And even when I
could see where something belonged, it was very
picky on which pixel would accept it.

I do think developers have a future and hope their
next game will keep the inovations and lose some of the
frustrations and glitches.

malni
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by malni on Mar 26, 11 10:40 AM
okay, was a bug, i found the couldron an added the ingredients already at the forest, then i took it and placed it at the fire, so i could not go ahead with the game. I startet over now and placed first the cauldron and the the stuff in it... it worked

[Post New]by lynnetilley on Mar 26, 11 11:36 AM
Totally disgusted with this game - got to the second door - have all the chains and put the rocks in the cart and NOTHING. Totally wasted my game credit buying this.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 26, 11 3:20 PM
The Revenge (AHOG)

Options include slide-bar for music and buttons for Mute, Full-screen and Custom Cursor.

Clicking on the Guide button on the main screen will show you the basics of game play (it is not a strategy guide).

The intro scene is long, and the written script contains many flaws, but the speaking voice has a nice cadence to it, and does not reflect the poorly-written words. The introduction is SKIPPABLE.

There is no misclick penalty if you are on an adventure-esque scene, but you will get a "broken" cursor if you click too often during the zoom-in hidden object scenes.

HINTS are refillable. Using a HINT produces a jarring gong sound, and finding an important item makes another equally-jolting sound. Very at-odds with the smooth background music.

You start with picture-lists of ingredients (for instance) that need to be found across multiple screens. There are some morphing items, and you have to wait for the right item to appear in order to select it. There are also the more-typical HOG scenes, where you zoom in on an area and are given a word-list of items to find. In general, most items are nicely-hidden, with little jarringly out-of-place, but many are too well-hidden.

The language is not perfect, as mentioned, and you'll have to learn some new words to progress through the game, as well. What is a chepall? What's a goutstool? I've seen them and still don't know what they are! lol

You will occasionally get sparkles for areas you can move to, but they are helpful, as movement between scenes is cumbersome, having to place the mouse in exactly the right place to see that you can move on.

Like any adventure game, you will have to make certain "triggers" in order to move on in the game. For instance, you won't get a HOG list until you do X, or you won't be able to move to a new area until you do Y. Revisit areas and click on anything that looks interesting.

Overall, I'd say this is a nice game. So-so HOG scenes, poor English, lovely adventure-portion artwork, so-so story and lovely music. I'd say that this is definitely a game to try before buying.

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Mar 26, 11 3:51 PM
I really enjoyed this game even with all the glitches. No hand holding on this one. Alot of hair pulling and a few choice words, but worth it.

Go to: