Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Riquelme on Apr 3, 11 4:16 PM
9gamer5 wrote:I may be in the minority, but this game just seems a little too fundamental and boring. Nice graphics but too much talking. Will wait for something better to come along.

I agree. The graphics are nice but the setting isn't my cup of tea. Gameplay is way to easy in my opinion, to much hand holding?
The HOG scenes? I've seen better ones. I got bored while playing this game, i think it's overrated. And i don't like to much talking in a game, i had to wait continuing the game several times because the talking was going on.

I give it 2 out of 5.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by mamawathome on Apr 3, 11 5:45 PM
gillydi53 wrote:Now I'm stuck be cause I wanted a game today to fill my second punchcard .Won't buy this one as i'm not keen on water themed games the DD is not to my taste at all but don't want to leave my punchcard with 5 games .As someone commented earlier I wish BF would let us carry cards over .Will have to decide whether to buy puppetshow CE !

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mamawathome on Apr 3, 11 5:46 PM
Go with Puppet Show, it is great. Another is Ghost Ship and it is not a collectors edition but well worth your time.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mamawathome on Apr 3, 11 6:02 PM
My husband started up the game and only then realized that you pretty much had to play the game with the strategy guide. First scene he picked up what a piece next to the dolphin and when he went to use it the piece was not there. Went to the strategy guide and realized that he could not go forward.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 3, 11 9:07 PM
So... this is rare for me with CE's but I actually didn't like this game very much. The story was creative and the artwork was okay but the graphics were surprisingly fuzzy and the voice acting was just awful. The soundtrack played over and over with a very annoying cackle. The mini-games were too tedious - having to click twelve times in inventory to place 12 flowers? Really? And same with the 5 gears. That's just not fun. The bonus play was one of the worst I've seen in CEs - not at all worth it, again just plain tedious and boring. This is one CE I could have done without.

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 9:08:10 PM PST

[Post New]by sad_but_true on Apr 4, 11 6:44 AM
i love the game. i like to see part 3 of it..
the bonus mini game (match 3) was one of the nicest thing i ever played
i'll look around for more of this type and i must say i don't like match 3 games. Only this one and one called Elements..

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 4, 11 10:58 AM
After demo, I purchased this game, and since completed it. I really enjoyed playing it. Beautiful graphics, flawless game play without tech issues and glitches, and the special effects was great, along with the cut scenes and story. The building images reminded me a little of what is found in the old Myst games. Anyway, this was a no regret purchase.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Apr 4, 11 11:17 AM

Absolutely gorgeous, and an excellent blend of iHOG and puzzles. I like that you often get more than one object after an H0 scene.! I'm giving myself a couple of days then I'm going to play it again as much to look at the graphics as to enjoy the gameplay.

Very highly recommended.

SPOILER ALERT

I'm not surprised at the pre-ending - I had my doubts in the first game! I still don't believe the final outcome - "It was a test" indeed. [snort] The next game will tell.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Apr 4, 11 11:21 AM
Maybe it "wasn't there" because it was one of the pieces where you need to find multiple copies in multiple areas in that game section in order to make up the usable piece?

mamawathome wrote:My husband started up the game and only then realized that you pretty much had to play the game with the strategy guide. First scene he picked up what a piece next to the dolphin and when he went to use it the piece was not there. Went to the strategy guide and realized that he could not go forward.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Apr 4, 11 12:06 PM
Was really excited to see this out ! FINALLY!-i said,but what a disappointment. Really enjoyed the first, it had a tricky ending but it kept your attention. This one seems like it is made for a third grader. Wish I would have tried the trial first. I would have saved my money.l know some of you out there liked it. I am happy for you. I just didn't. Sorry

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 4, 11 1:33 PM
Although I do like the gameplay, I am really disappointed in most of the H0 scenes, which have terribly crude graphics. I keep clicking at just anything that looks like it might be part of the list, because I can hardly ever find any of the items by just looking.

That really spoils it for me - those graphics in the H0 scenes. I would have liked the graphics to be better in the whole game, but they are good enough for the rest of the gameplay, just not for the H0 scenes.

That is a real big minus.

I also didn´t care for those flashing lights - I will call them that, although it was more like lightning strobes. I suffer from migraines and am light-sensitive as it is, and don´t want to play a game, particularly having to do a H0 scene, while there is a constant flood of lightning.

[Post New]by ema_plays on Apr 4, 11 2:51 PM
I'm so disappointed with this game!

I loved the first one and bought this sequel immediately. While the graphics are beautiful, the game is overly simplistic and boring.

Normally CE games take me at least several days to play; this one took less than 24 hours. There is hardly any bonus content; just a silly gem game.

There are no fun puzzles to solve and the hidden object scenes are very easy. Generally I have to consult the Strategy Guide from time to time but this game was so straightforward that I didn't need it at all.

I totally feel like I wasted my money. Wish I had waited at least for the non-CE version...

[Post New]by deeveebosch on Apr 4, 11 4:20 PM
Help please! I have finished retrieving the Fall medallion and cannot get to the child to place it because I have no crystal to put on the left to free up the stairs. I went thru the whole tutorial up to that point and saw nowhere when it is picked up and all areas say area clear.

[Post New]by nowyouvedoneit on Apr 4, 11 7:03 PM
The first one was so much better. I do not like all the modern items in the hidden object scenes, takes away from the mood. Played for the 60 minutes, will not buy, Not exciting or interesting, this sequel does not measure up.

Ok...I did buy it...couldn't resist. I was wrong..I loved it as I got more into it.

Edited on 05/27/2011 at 12:05:09 PM PST

[Post New]by goodoodreaming on Apr 6, 11 10:54 PM
I loved the game and the graphics, but like many of the others, a little too much tooing and froing for my likes, going forward to a new puzzle would be much better, got sick of the going back and forth to often.

But I must say I thoroughly enjoyed nearly all aspects of the game Silver Back are nice games.

One complaint, the ZEM game, seems from the forums that some can whizz through it, and many like myself can't get any scores up.

Now I asked four adults to play the game, and they didn't succeed any better than I did, two teenagers had a go, and didn't do much better. Needs to be slowed down a little, not all computers are professional gaming computers, and some people wear glasses. It's a great game which could be expanded upon and a new great game just from ZEM could be realised, we should all be able to enjoy these games, not just the whizz kids.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Apr 7, 11 4:00 AM
Just one word about this game......SUPERB

Mox44
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Mox44 on Apr 7, 11 9:13 AM
The game was a delight, the puzzles challenging enough to to keep me entertained without having to scratch my head and seek the walk-through. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend a fellow Fishy to buy this game and while a way a few hours in front of this screen.

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Apr 7, 11 11:25 AM
It seemed to me that the graphics are too bright, and the voices.. annoyed me a bit.

[Post New]by Nemoturtle on Apr 7, 11 12:13 PM
This game was way too easy, but I still liked it. The ZEM game is... ridiculously addicting.
The game itself has beautiful graphics, of course (completely expected this after the first game), it's an interesting storyline. Following over from the first it was a little odd with the animals, the children... it didn't seem to have a whole heck of a lot to do with the first game aside from the storyline of the main character. Still interesting, just not a complete tie-in (I didn't feel). The puzzles were interesting. I liked that the majority of them were pretty original, not what you always see in these types of games... but they were really easy. None of them took more than a min. or so to solve & I didn't have to use any hints or even look at the strategy guide once. If they could have just upped the difficulty level just a little, it would have been a really good game.
Like I said, though, the graphics are so beautiful & I really wanted to finish the storyline after completing the first game, that I didn't mind the game being simple. I still think it was a good game. Just maybe for people a bit newer to the genre. Would definitely recommend at least doing the trial to this game.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 12:14:48 PM PST

boogweez
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,280 Posts

Loved it!

[Post New]by boogweez on Apr 7, 11 5:38 PM
Picked up where the first left off.Loved the first.Love the sequel even more.Haven't quite figured out ZEM entirely,but getting there.

Go to: