johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Apr 3, 11 2:37 PM
Bought this game and loved it. Love the sense of humor and some of the different things I had to do to dress my fool to play the part of where he was I didn't want this one to end lol....it really made me think about what to do next. Great game and glad I bought it.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 3, 11 4:18 PM
This game is a big improvement over the games in the past few days but not really top-notch.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 3, 11 4:47 PM
What a unique experience. Each of the five chapters was so different that it was like playing five different games in one. The overall length of the game is excellent which makes this game a good value for the money.

It was also very refreshing to see different puzzles and mini-games. The developers really brought us something we don’t see everyday. I thoroughly enjoyed the mini-games.

The hidden objects were very cleverly hidden within the scenes and were not too small to identify. The locations in the game were fresh and imaginative and well drawn.

The music and sound effects were appropriate and suitable for the scenes. I like to have the music low so that it does not overpower the game but unfortunately the voiceovers in the cut scenes were tied to the music volume so I had to keep adjusting the volume and missed some of the dialogue.

The characters in the game were likeable and quirky and the story was interesting.

Overall a very refreshing and fun game.

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 4:48:43 PM PST

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 3, 11 9:22 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only old lady insomniac here! Not a granny as I'm not a parent (at least not to two-legged children). Glad to read the reviews here as I will now download the demo.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 4, 11 4:52 AM
I just finished the game - I like to take my time - and what a wonderful and different game this is.

I loved everything about it, the humour especially, and what was new to the H0 scenes is that you could sometimes interact with someone who was in a H0 scene. I really liked that. Made a refreshing difference.

I was so sad when the game finished. I wished there were more places I could go to. Hope there will be other games like this one out in the future.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Apr 4, 11 9:36 AM
Great game but like a lot of the good ones I wanted it to be longer. Cant have it all I suppose

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 4, 11 10:08 AM
arfur99 wrote:Seem to be a lot of Grandmas contributing so as a Grandad thought I'd add my twopence worth. Not tried yet but going on the reviews I certainly shall be. Good feedback which makes it easier to decide which games to try or not as the case may be. One other thing. Can someone decipher all the abbreviations that seem to be in vogue,ie FROG/SE etc. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Arfur,

Hope you enjoy this game when you try it; I loved it!

Abbreviations in vogue are:

HOG Hidden Object Game
IHOG Inventory(or Interactive) Hidden Object Game
FROG Fragmented Object Game (search for parts of an item, not the whole)
IFROG Inventory(or Interactive) Fragmented Object Game
SE Standard Edition (games without extras included in CE's)
CE Collectors Edition (games with extra's i.e. bonus gameplay, wallpapers etc)
DD Daily Deal (games offered at a low price)
TGT Tomorrow's Game Today

Hope this helps

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Apr 4, 11 11:06 AM

Cute, funny, good voices. Some lovely little visual jokes. Not sure why he's called a fool: he's pretty smart if a bit socially irresponsible.

I would have given it 5 thumbs up if it had been longer. Not that it's short so much, but I wanted more!

Strongly recommended.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 4, 11 11:07 AM
Loved it.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Apr 4, 11 11:07 AM
Maybe this is it. I'm in that category too!

BigCatMama wrote:Another grandma who stays up all night! Perhaps we should start some sort of support group? Or is this it?

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Apr 4, 11 11:09 AM
I agree! I think we'll be seeing more rotation minigames after this one.

vicalana wrote:Welcome to the pond akito!

Just finished the game and absolutel loved it. Skipped most of the puzzles - but managed the constellation one and thought it stunning. Fantastic game. Agree with all the positive comments. Great fun!

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Apr 4, 11 1:33 PM
A really cute, fun game that was put together with humor all over the place. The game is more adventure than HOG with great graphics/artwork and good sound effects. It is very linear [didn't need the walk through] and packaged in concise chapters [although I did "take the train" a couple of extra times ] Also, took me forever to notice the headphones in the cemetery... Puzzles were varied [think I skipped 3], and I really enjoyed doing the telescope with the stars!! Tons of sight gags [skeletal hand chasing an eyeball, etc.] and extra touches [great exploding rock blast in one of the cut scenes]. It was too short, and I was sad when it ended. Checked MagicIndie out and they produced "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe" and "Robinson Crusoe & the Cursed Pirates", [looks like they have a "Dorian Gray" in the works] so they are now on my "to-buy" list. Recommended to all for this fun ride!! .... ... ...*smack

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Apr 4, 11 1:44 PM
love this game! loved the refreshingly new twists on older mini games...actually took me a minute to realize that I was doing one of the oldest mini games out there because it was so different and new!! I bought it immediately! Only drawback was that it ended....and since I got The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship and it was like 4 times as long....now I think this one was too short especially since it was sooo good! (the treasures is fantastic!!! I highly recommend both of these games)
I found the movie type scenes on this one EXCELLENT! Great game!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 4, 11 3:25 PM
well, it's either the game or the pizza, but i'm in a much better mood

this is just the kind of adventure game that i like... not a lot of wandering around - just enough to get you where you need to go... not a lot of any particular thing: hidden object scene versus mini-game versus quest fulfillment... just nice and balanced with a little bit of everything and a lot of chuckles...

i have to say, though, that i'm a little put out for the dragon... i mean, is it his fault that he has needs and these humans came and built their village right there? you'd think he was 'asking for it' or something... poor guy... and our fool may need to get a 'digging permit' but did he need a license to practice dentistry? hmmm sounds a little iffy to me...

definitely give this one a try!

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Apr 4, 11 3:41 PM
While it wasn't the most difficult game, I've played in a while this game was very well done. I enjoyed the graphics and the storyline. There weren't too many hidden object scenes which I really liked. I like hidden object scenes, but when every other object you need involves scene it can get a little much. Some of the puzzles were pretty clever. Overall, a very nice game to play during a quiet afternoon. I definitely recommend it.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 4, 11 4:23 PM
O.K....I HAVE TO GET OVER MYSELF!...OH REALLY!....I LOVED IT!
YES... YES... YES....
the graphics devine...the storyline quirky (A+)...the hero 'that sweet child of mine', a knight 'not in shiny armour' but ...music appropriate...made you think to get around to the 'got to go get this and that'....and just when i was 'in to it'...dropped me to its already the end?...so no spoiler here...i will restrain myself...must i say i am glad this game got here...just in time cuz i was 'so way like bored'...so plz diregard the above 'excitement feature' if this review is not 'up to par'....I LOVED IT!... +

[Post New]by ElphabaRules on Apr 4, 11 5:15 PM
Loved the game!! It was fun and the story line was funny. Though I was going to need the strategy guide, but I ended up not needing it.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 4, 11 6:45 PM
Well, i am enjoying the game very much! I bought it after the demo...it does seem like it may be short but its still an all around fun game...the graphics are great & the story is different....i do get a kick out of the name of this game...lol...i am sure many of you will enjoy this game as well. I give it 3 out of 5

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Apr 4, 11 7:46 PM
[b]Absolutley loved it!!, different type of story line, just a great fun game. Bring on more!!!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Apr 4, 11 9:43 PM
What a cute little game! It reminds me of Shrek--which I love.

There isn't much hand holding in this game...you really have to use your brain. Some things are obvious; others- not so much. But it gets better...
To be honest:
I was about to give up on the mini-games @ first because I was getting frustrated with them (there are A LOT) and had to keep resorting to the guide for a few (thanks Margie B, you're awesome )... then after awhile I started to get used to them. All in all, a very different yet satisfying game.

Go to: