vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 12, 11 2:23 PM
Brilliant - loved this game!!!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 12, 11 9:37 PM
textrekkie wrote:The graphics are good (Vogat always does an exceptionall job). However, as CasualGran said, even in hard mode there are sparkles and way too much handholding. Puzzles are neither original or difficult. I thought the HOG scenes had too much stuff in them.

Taking a pass--maybe as an SE.

My thoughts as well. And why in the world do they need to make the Task List sparkle? If I discover a HOG scene do I REALLY need the Task List to sparkle just to tell me to explore it??? I really, really hate games that have sparkles everywhere like journals, hint buttons, task lists - it's just very distracting. The other thing that drove me nuts duplicate items in the HOG scenes - so on the list I'm supposed to find a helmet but it has to be the right helmet. I usually really like Vogat games but this is one CE I could have done without.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Apr 13, 11 4:12 PM
One of the best Collector's editions to date....really haunting and evocative. This one is worth the extra price!

Two enthusiastic paws up from those persnickety felines--the Houdini Cats!

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by appiel on Apr 13, 11 5:20 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/153258.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 5:22:47 PM PST

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Apr 13, 11 5:22 PM
Cobweb55 wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again,

"Hidden objects do NOT have to be microscopic to be well hidden!!!"

That being said, I really loved this game!! I don't mind spiders near as much as I mind feathers... I just can never seem to find them! The length of this game was most excellent, as was the bonus play... lots to do, just the right amount of mini-games, some hard, some not so hard... I do appreciate being able to skip them. The hint system refilled quickly, and I liked that as some of those objects were just too darned small to locate, even with my magnifying glass!! I really hate being penalized for rapid clicking... I do that when I get frustrated and there is no reason to make me even more frustrated!!!

Volgat is an amazing developer and I can't wait for their next game!!

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Apr 13, 11 11:22 PM
Great Game...bought it and took my time..loved it.

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Apr 14, 11 1:27 AM
I played this game earlier WEdnesday. I must say it was suspenseful and interesting. I wanted to buy it, however I i hardly ever pay $20.00 for a game. It is something to look into as I would get 3 stamps. All in all i will wait for standard version to buy.

roxas87
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by roxas87 on Apr 15, 11 7:16 AM
roxas87 review (if anyone looking forward to it)..lol

Graphics: Excellent and nice to look at. however,the environments for this game is more like towards dark and undead theme. so,for those who don't like spiders,skulls,tombstones,coffins,bones and etc. may not suitable to play this game.

Sounds: The sounds are very suitable and very nice to hear.Feel in the mood with these awesome musics!

Hidden Object scene and Puzzle: hidden objects are quite challenging to find them,quick hint recharge (casual mode) and puzzles can be skip.

Quest Tasks: Can be too troublesome sometime. when you progress further into the game,the tasks will have a long list,it will troubled whoever buy the SE later,as it is not sorted by what you need to accomplish first (priority action).

Options: 2 difficulties (casual or challenge mode),has a widescreen and custom cursor option.

Strategy Guide: the illustrations,the fonts and the screenshot images are nice looking,easy to see and understandable respectively. the SG is easy to navigate,as it is in 'memory mode'.It is also has the 'back to game' link,which make the SG is easier to be open and return to the game immediately anytime.

Storyline: this game have 7 chapters including the bonus level (6 normal + 1 bonus).the usual solving-a-mystery storyline takes place in this game,but no voice-over at all,and all the cutscenes are very simple-made,especially the ending. told to be truth, i'm very disappointed with the horrible ending cutscenes after solving all those puzzles,finding hidden objects + a long game run to add to that!

Bonus Content: 10 wallpapers & concept arts,7 music tracks and 1 screensaver.All can be saved/set!

Overall: I think this game is a must have for every hidden objects/solving mystery gamers! the thumbs-up for this game are the long storyline,balance gameplay and musics that can come along very well to suit the mood when playing! A+

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Apr 15, 11 10:13 PM
Ohhh I played the beta of this game, and I'm very excited to see it's a CE! I gave up playing computer games for Lent, and of course I'm absolutely dying. Can't wait to catch up on all the games I've been missing! This one will definitely be on my buy list

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 16, 11 11:58 PM
Just finished the game. I agree with all the positive reviews. Super graphics and storyline.

Would have loved to have voice in this game and I was disappointed at the ending which I thought was a little abrupt.

Still glad I purchased the ce and of course my favorite devs.

Happy game day

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Apr 18, 11 9:32 PM
Just started playing it and love it!!

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jueh on Apr 19, 11 12:14 AM
Fantastic game! Have bought dozens of BF games and this is right up there in my top 3, more please!

mac_lite
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mac_lite on Apr 19, 11 1:42 AM
I really enjoyed this game one of the best games I've played in a while.
I took my time and it was fun wish could have been a little longer. But the extended game was good too. So yes I liked it.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 22, 11 10:18 AM
Just finished and enjoyed this game immensely. One of my favorite things about it is how you had to "work" a little to open up most of the hidden object scenes. Also, felt some of the puzzles were unique. And the match-3 puzzle in the bonus game - zeoowee - took several tries and gave great satisfaction to finally solve it!

AnnieO

knfarms
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by knfarms on Apr 25, 11 9:39 PM
We're addicted to hidden objects games and have purchased several of the collector's edition. This one started out great. I enjoyed the plot, well put together and lots of interesting things to do while going through the game. But I was very dismayed at the endings!! It was over in a flash without really knowing that the game was over! The way the ending to both game and bonus game, was deflating. The process to get to the endings, plots were great but left me flat. What happened? Did it end so abruptly because of deadline to get it out or what?? Other games ended with more story line and left you hanging for the next game. This one left me no where. Not sure we would purchase a sequal if there is one.

AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by AliceFranz on Apr 26, 11 4:58 AM
mar39 wrote:

Funny, I had to edit this because the initials for "hidden object" were not allowed. Good grief the world has gone mad.

I was also surprised when they turned the abbreviation into stars=)
why is that so?

[Post New]by AbyBay on May 1, 11 12:57 AM
Thought that this game was one of the best one's I have played, (of course nothing like 13th skull or Dire Grove) but pretty close and with all the other game's I have bought recently and have been very dissapointed with I am glad that this one turned out to be what it was .
Some **** scenes a little hard to see things but nothing worth quiting over. Lot's of game play and the bonus chapther was great. The CE I feel was well worth the price .
I game's that can be replayed and also played in diffedrent mode's, because there are 2 of us in the house that play we both play without sound so can;t say much about that, and normally don't care for the extra wallpaper's and thing's BUT this has some awsome one's. Also found no hand holding unless you want it, a few sparkle's but not many and a GREAT story line.
Could not figure out what kind's of game's it was that we liked after playing so many and being unhappy, realize this is it this IS the kind we really enjoy playing. I guess they are called ****&ADV. So if there are any that anyone can recomend or are willing too PLEASE PM me with them. Do to a very limited income because we are both disabled I need quite a bang for my buck. Have wasted quit a bit in the last month and a half we have been memeber's buying game's that just are not what they appear to be . . I hope everyone that has played this game has or does enjoy it when they play.
I will say for us it was a great buy and a
SO ALL ENJOY.........The KrzyAbyBay

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

awesome game

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 3, 11 11:46 AM
This is a fantastic game and a really good length I especially loved the mini games and only skipped a few because I just could not get them to work properly but most of them were awesome and lots of fun , I would recommend this game to anyone very well done

sicwaf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sicwaf on May 4, 11 11:35 AM
I wanted to post and say that this was probably one of the best games that I have played in a long time.

The length was +6 hours for me; but I did not skip any puzzles because they are my favorite part and spent my time checking everything out.

This one had a lot of puzzle locks and some took awhile to open especially in the bonus section.

I fully enjoyed the 'escape' of this game.

Thanks Big Fish

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Not worth the collector's edition price-tag

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 8, 11 4:19 PM
The story started out interesting enough and the game-play at the beginning is great; however, as the game progresses, the story fails to develop into a deeper plot and towards the middle to end of the game, the game-play itself seems rushed.

The bonus game-play was short, made very little sense to the overall story (which has huge holes in it to begin with) and quite frankly wasn't that interesting. The bonus game seemed thrown together as well.

With a game that started out so strongly, it is a shame to see it ruined because it became rushed towards the end and the story did not progress well at all.

I would definitely recommend this game for regular price; however, IMHO, it is not worth any extra money than the standard $6.99.

Go to: