NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 23, 11 2:18 PM
I liked this game in the main part of the game, but not sure it is worth buying as a Collecter's Edition as the bonus play gets very boring and repetitive, lots of HOG scenes mainly, so that was disappointing.

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Apr 23, 11 8:31 PM
i really liked just about every aspect of this game. Kudos to the devs . IMHO, this one shows promise for a good follow up. The CE was worth every cent for me - long game, good minis, story line kept me interested, nice graphics... it's a keeper. Thanks bfg.

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Bonus Adventure is well worth it

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Apr 23, 11 9:07 PM
The bonus play was well worth paying for a Collector's Edition. I promise you it's has depth, tons of hidden objects and some unique puzzles which are not repeats from the original story. As a side bar, I was very impressed navigation wise with the entire game. I zoomed from room to room with blazing speed, which was a big plus with all the back and forth searches required to play this game. Not to mention the game did not at all hint at items needed for inventory which I like. I don't mind the sparkles for the hidden object scenes since all it does is point you there and leaves the rest up to you, without any additional sparkles as you find objects. The merit badge aspect gives the game replayability if all possible badges are not achieved in your first go around. If during the free trial your computer allows you to zoom from location to location do not hesitate to purchase, it is worth it.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Apr 23, 11 11:17 PM
Great game. Very smooth animation and navigation was seamless. Excellent music. The developer made a fair attempt to keep the H0's period although there were a couple of giggles along the way - Lugers aren't revolvers, for one thing, and if one puts "petrol" into a kerosene lantern bad things are likely to happen. Nevertheless, a fine effort.

Crisp, clear art, if a bit grim on occasion - between this one and Shiver I seem to be spending a lot of time in creepy decrepit hospitals of late. Not a terribly long game - I'm not a fast player and still brought the regular game portion of it in under four hours. That may have been because the plot pulled me right along. Nicely done.

Four fins of five.

[Post New]by TiMavi on Apr 24, 11 9:13 AM
stelle_59 wrote:
gea1988 wrote:I'm stuck! I'm at the hidden elevator and I have all the medals except the telekinesis one with the hand and ball. Anyone know where it is so I can finish? Thanks
I'm stuck at the same place. If you find the answer please let me know , this is driving me crazy.

Has anyone figured this out? I am missing the telekensis medal as well and can't finish the game. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by jaxyel on Apr 24, 11 2:43 PM
A27A957 - after much backtracking, this is the code you need to enter into the 'cash register' machine in the room with the elevator to get the telekinesis medal. I'm playing the mac version, but I took that from the Gamezebo walkthrough. Good luck - I'm about to go down the elevator!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 24, 11 5:53 PM
The bonus play was well worth paying for a Collector's Edition. I promise you it's has depth, tons of hidden objects and some unique puzzles which are not repeats from the original story.

Thanks, mouseclick2, that's exactly what I needed to know to make my purchase. I agree with you about sparklies, too - for hidden objects scenes they are fine, but some games go too crazy with them. Glad to hear this isn't one of those games!

kirashilo
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kirashilo on Apr 25, 11 4:58 AM
I was looking forward to this one but thank you Adventure 777 for the heads up re the spiders crawling on the page that stoped me cold !!! I have bought so many games in the past that I am unable to play because of this very thing my phobia is so acute that I will pass out at the desk if I am cought by surprise . yes its that bad !!! you not only saved me a bump on the face but the $20 I would have waisted . Thanks ever so much I wish Big Fish would put alerts on the games for us phobics !!

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Apr 25, 11 9:28 AM
Looks good, and I appreciate the comments re the length and value of the extras in the CE, so I will probably buy this one.

That said, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE short demos that finish in less than an hour. This one took me less than 40 minutes without touching the strategy guide or tutorial.

I wish BF would convey this info to the game designers, as it seems to be a trend.

dognclog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by dognclog on Apr 25, 11 9:47 AM
I bought and played this game all the way through, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I had to refer to the SG frequently...it was just too obscure what I needed to do next (that is probably mostly me...I haven't gotten through Green Moon yet either). I played at the expert level, which was probably a mistake also, but all things considered, I didn't enjoy this game a whole lot. Things that seemed like the logical next step, weren't; it just didn't seem to flow.

sleuthster
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sleuthster on Apr 25, 11 1:56 PM
I would buy a CE like this game everyday if they made them.Loved it!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 25, 11 6:27 PM
I bought this game after only 20 minutes of the demo. I've played 2.25 hours and just completed Chapter 2, not skipping anything. I'm enjoying it very much, so really glad it will be of good length.

Edited to say that I love this game! Regular game took 5 hrs plus and I've been playing the Bonus Adventure for an hour and 45 minutes - and still not finished!

Very glad I bought the CE and look forward to playing this game in Advanced Mode!

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 8:03:39 PM PST

CatHeiter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by CatHeiter on Apr 26, 11 10:05 AM
While I love the game, I have to say that having to go to the menu to access the strategy guide is a pain in the tush. Then "losing" one's place in the guide and having to scroll thru pages to find what one needs is also disquieting. Would be nice if the developers would take this into consideration when putting it all together for us.

Thanks for reading and considering this.

Cat Heiter

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 10:06:24 AM PST

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Apr 26, 11 8:38 PM
Looks like a goodie to me and as someone in this forum has commented you can zoom from scene to scene and room to room no problem !! I don't get why some games are an issue in the "slow loading" and "jerky cursor" dept when games like this run soooo well - what makes the difference ?? Have filled my punchcard for this month but only a few days to go until 1st May and then its a buy !!

[Post New]by briggerrachel on Apr 27, 11 2:05 AM
Hiya fishes

What a fab game if you like dark and misterious games then this is the one . Great game play and good graphics.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 27, 11 10:14 AM
Bonus game:

You don't need the bonus game to get the whole story (you know how some games finish their storyline in the bonus content). However, what is really unique here is that the bonus game is about as long as the game. The strategy guide for the bonus area starts on page 68, and goes to page 100. When you buy a Collector's Edition, you basically pay the price of two games. With this game, it's like you get two games, so I think the price is worth it.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 27, 11 8:06 PM
Loved it! My kind of game!! Now, I am ready for the next one!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 28, 11 3:07 AM

Wow!!
I just got around to playing the demo...I was really sorry when it ended so, that means its a HUGE BUY for me!!!

bajovane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bajovane on Apr 28, 11 10:30 AM
Wow - great demo and definitely going to buy this one! My kind of game!

[Post New]by were_witch on May 1, 11 12:03 PM
[i]Good graphics, nice creep factor...i like it!

Go to: