Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by RitaGS on May 2, 11 11:49 PM
I haven't bought many of the more expensive games because of past bad experiences. I bought this one because it was so highly rated. Unfortunately it shouldn't have been. The game was incredibly easy and I got thru it in an hour or so. I think I used a hint once just to see it work. A beautiful looking game but so not worth the money. One of the easiest games that I have ever played.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 3, 11 9:37 AM

I'm somewhat disappointed. For such a huge download the game isn't all that long, and it's not as though the graphics are particularly special or animated or anything. It's more HOG than adventure so if that's what you like then fine, myself I'm tending more the other way these days. I'm about to move into the bonus game, but unless it's as long as the main game I can't figure out where all those Mbs are!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 3, 11 9:41 AM
Oh yeah, a problem I've had. I have a big high-res monitor. I prefer to play in windowed mode since otherwise the graphics are grainy and it's just too darn big. (games that don't have a windowed mode are a pet peeve, no matter how good they are in other ways). However in this game the windowed mode won't let me access the pop-up inventory.

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 17players_ on May 3, 11 12:37 PM
bella81762 wrote:well just popping in to say, i am playing the full game, downloaded fine, playing beautifully, no lagging, hog scenes very clear, seems like its gonna be a hog/ihog, the stratagy guide lists 7 chapters, plus the bonus...and it keeps your place,

hi 17players, bfg doesnt usuelly put out a guide untill the se is released because the ce comes with one

thanks bella

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 3, 11 4:12 PM
puppycake wrote:Another great uplifting game NOT! Why can't there be just one HOG CE game every couple of months that is not dark, evil and occult! Thats not asking for much? Nice theme for Easter too, NOT. It has been months since you have produced one HOG CE game that was not full of witchcraft, demons, ghosts, potions, vampires, re-incarnations, evil spirits, ect, ect, ect! Enough is enough! You say religion cannot be discussed, and yet you produce NEW AGE games on a daily basis, which happens to be a religion. I guess it's ok to talk about religion only if it sells. This site had become 99.9% New Age, and that is allowed, but mention Christianity and your out! Something wrong with this picture. I say either you can or cannot discuss religion in regards to the "themes" of the games, but if it's not allowed then all the New Age content would have to be removed too. I guess some religious games and talk is acceptable, and some are not. If you want evil and new age, come to BF, that the new talk of the town now in online gaming. I am not trying to start a war please, just stating the facts and my disappointment. You do not have to remove this post, please allow me the honor of at least bowing out of BF with my valid reason, I have made my point, I will not post anymore comments on this topic, it does seem to start a riot, although I can assure you that is not my intention, very far from it. I have been with BF for years, could always accept there would be games I did not like and could chose to simply not play those ones, no problem. But when months go by with nothing but dark game to play ( CE's in particular) my credits are mounting with NO games to play. Many others have commented on how bad it has been this past year as well. And I know it is not just BF, and if the game producers are finding this is what seels, this is what they will produce, I get that. I just don't like it. Theres just something about playing games involving demons, spirits and the such (especially on Easter Weekend) that doesn't seem right. If your religion is NEW AGE, I am sure you are in heaven, at least BF heaven, I prefer another heaven, and wanting a few games once in awhile that are decent I do not feel is wrong to request and to be able to express my reasons. I would like this post to stay, so please lets not start any silly arguments over this ok? You cannot justify removing a Christians post when your entire site is based on the religion new age.

AMEN!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 4, 11 10:25 AM

Well, I've played the bonus game, which is longish I guess. A quibble - spiders have 8 legs, not 6.

Bit I still can't figure out where all those extra megabytes are.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 4, 11 11:32 AM
I'm with you on this one. This one didn't deserve to be a CE just because of it's purported large file. Found it to be very mediocre and boring - certainly not up to some of the greats. I'm beginning to wonder what the criteria is for making a game a CE rather than SE. This was certainly not worth a CE or the money.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 4, 11 1:48 PM
This is a very good IHOG. The graphics, HOG's, puzzles and story are all very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. HOWEVER, the dev is ERS and there are a couple of "slower than molasses" areas/scenes. For instance, the cave area/scene. It makes clicking and navigation a distressing problem. It was a challenge to know if I was doing things correctly as the wait is sooo long. The ERS games are all great games, but I wish the devs would fix the molasses problem. I bought the CE and the bonus was a nice finish.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 4, 11 3:48 PM
I have just finished this great game! What fun! ERS games are a sure winner! You have now changed my mind about the collecters games. I love the SG and for me it makes the game more enjoyable if I can use it to get out of a mess (which I seem to do sometimes) The child in me loves the fairy tale games also. Thanks again BF!!!

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by nabsuc on May 6, 11 5:36 AM
Although I wanted to get into the game as it looked good, I came across a couple of problems. when I was playing the Hidden Object games my cursor was moving in slow motion and when I pressed the Hint button to find a object it went again in slow motion and I lost a lot of the trial run time. I noticed nobody else as had this problem so I don't know what went wrong for this to happen to me. I think I would enjoy this game but I will wait for the standard game to come out and see if the same problems happen first before I buy.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on May 7, 11 10:57 AM
This is one of the best HOGs I've played in a while, and well worth the CE price. The strategy guide is truly integrated and keeps your place so you don't have to keep figuring out where you are when you need to check something. The graphics are very nice, things are hidden but not impossible to find, and the game was quite long. The bonus play was completely integrated into the game and had a nice finish. The main story had a nice surprise (to me at least, LOL). I'm sorry to have finished it but I know I will play it over and over again, just like the Dark Parables series.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 7, 11 2:24 PM
bella81762 wrote:well here is my comment , i betad.

woohoo been waiting for this one, the beta was great, the game is over 700 mb, i know i said i wouldnt buy till i made sure the game works, but i am crossing my fingers.

now i love dark and eerie games but for those that dont, and have written ERS off as only doing d and e will be pleased, this is a medival themed game, , i will pop back in later, as i got my dl started , its 3 am, and bedtime....have fun

download almost done...woowoo

Thank you, bella, for mentioning that this is a medieval game as opposed to "dark and eerie". It was partly your review and also the fact that the game has great voice overs that won me over. I purchased the game, yesterday, to take advantage of the May sale, and I'm really enjoying it.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 7, 11 10:59 PM

ERS STUDIOS IS OUTSTANDING!!!
I especially love their artwork!
Keep up the great graphics, stories and characters
Well worth the CE money
Continued success

Karen

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on May 9, 11 11:41 AM
bella81762 wrote:well looks like the length is going to be another dissappointment, i am going into the finale chapter, started at 4 20 my time, and it 7 10, taking a little break, but man i am getting tired of short ce,s, i will post back when finished with finale, and bonus, but i dont see it lasting much longer

I agree and would only add that I didn't find this game difficult enough to spend the extra for the CE with the built-in strategy guide. The bonus content did add a little to the time but, again, I don't think it was enough to warrant the CE price. If a game is easy enough for thick-skulled me to not need the SG, then you know it's a pretty easy game! I did enjoy the story and the graphics are nice but I'd wait for the SE if I had it to do over again.

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on May 9, 11 11:42 AM
bella81762 wrote:well looks like the length is going to be another dissappointment, i am going into the finale chapter, started at 4 20 my time, and it 7 10, taking a little break, but man i am getting tired of short ce,s, i will post back when finished with finale, and bonus, but i dont see it lasting much longer

I agree and would only add that I didn't find this game difficult enough to spend the extra for the CE with the built-in strategy guide. The bonus content did add a little to the time but, again, I don't think it was enough to warrant the CE price. If a game is easy enough for thick-skulled me to not need the SG, then you know it's a pretty easy game! I did enjoy the story and the graphics are nice but I'd wait for the SE if I had it to do over again.

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on May 9, 11 11:42 AM

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on May 9, 11 11:47 AM
Ongoldenpond wrote:I'm with you on this one. This one didn't deserve to be a CE just because of it's purported large file. Found it to be very mediocre and boring - certainly not up to some of the greats. I'm beginning to wonder what the criteria is for making a game a CE rather than SE. This was certainly not worth a CE or the money.

I concur with this!!!!!!!!!!! This is the second CE that I've bought, then wished I had waited for the SE.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 9, 11 4:29 PM
I really do not understand equating collector's editions with difficulty level. That would become rather an elitist line of product the way I see it. What if a dev released a CE of children's games for a treat, or a CE of Card games for a good variety and length of play for other gamers. I have bought 11 CEs only because there is some accomodation for the average casual player with the SG included. And I'm willing to pay more for professional artwork, graphics, not mind benders. I think it is mostly seasoned adventurers and long file lovers who expect the same out of a CE. Well, there are long file SEs to choose from.

Those like me who appreciate well designed beautiful HOGs for a challenge aren't that into complex puzzles to be skipped or wandering aimlessly. So what is wrong with different types of games being made a little more polished and special with a higher price? Even with Expert options there are always complaints of short length by rapid players. We all have a different idea of what is fun. From the demo I'd call it ihog adv lite so the CE won't be a disappointment. I've quit ERS games when they all feel too much alike and predictable.

I even bought a CE of Farmscapes from the dev since BF didn't offer it, that was mostly Match 3, minimal HOGs, a bit of click and quest. Needed the SG just once, but a very fun game worth the price for entertainment. Now I am avoiding CEs more and more as the difficulty levels keep rising, dark and eerie getting overdone and downers, definately need a SG and a skip on many puzzles. The SEs aren't any easier but a free WT at least.

Maybe there should be price tiers for the harder the game the more you pay?

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on May 9, 11 4:51 PM
After completing the demo, so far, so good. Beautiful graphics, interesting story line. HOG scenes not to easy or to hard. Just right. I am loving this game so far. I am not going to pay attention to those saying the game is too short as that usually comes from the pace that a person plays. I like to take my time and enjoy the story and the trip through whatever the storyline dictates. I hope I am not not wrong about the length this time as I have been very pleased with this game so far.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 11, 11 12:17 PM
Great game! Held my interest; you had to look and think. Even the bonus play was really good. More like this!

Go to: