babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 28, 11 7:01 PM
Wow! This is really a nice game! II played a CE before this gaem & I have to say that ths game seemed much, much longer than that...included the bonus content. The graphics are great...but i always love Vogat games....i also feel that their games are always a good length. The mini games are not hard & the skip button fills up very fast too in case u want to pass. All in all, i give this game a

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Apr 28, 11 9:35 PM
Well if you're looking for pretty pretty then this is not the game for you. I bought it because I enjoyed the game play, but the whole game is full of dereliction and dirt.

It was a good game, perhaps too many junk pile H.O. scenes but the mini games were enjoyable and the graphics, although bleak and grimy were clear and defined.

I recommend turning down the sound effects. The heavy breathing which pervades the game really got on my nerves.

Overall it was worth the buy.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 9:36:13 PM PST

[Post New]by Kimmeh86 on Apr 29, 11 1:03 AM
I liked it. Good Graphics, storyline was at least some what entertaining, It was actually longer than I was expecting which was a good surprise. I'd def reccomend to buy it.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Apr 29, 11 4:23 PM
I enjoyed it, just finished the game in hard mode. About 5 hrs play for me, I'm not fast but neither am I pokey. I used hints maybe 3 times. It wasn't a very hard game nor was it too easy. It wasn't one of those games were I felt the "OHHH" or "Wow" factor but quite enjoyable all the same.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 29, 11 11:44 PM
Well talk about having to eat your words.

Originally I thought this game was too simple, only convinced to give a second chance after reading,

textrekkie said:

I've completed the game. Playing in "Advanced" mode, using no hints and skipping no puzzles - my total time was 6 hours! That's awesome for a game.

Later textrekkie posts were more indepth but it was the 6 hour comment that convinced me to buy it.

This really is a complex and involving game, like Textrekkie I played in advanced mode, and didn’t come up for air for close to 8 hours (not so fast me).

Great game Vogat, Thanks Bigfish and thanks textrekkie, I might have missed this if not for you.

Well worth the money.

Jo

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Apr 30, 11 8:28 AM
I really like this game, the story, graphics, puzzles, gameplay are all good, and I can play in advanced mode yay!!

[Post New]by PRINCESSWIMMER24 on Apr 30, 11 3:57 PM
I'm not really feeling this game. This is going to be a no-go for me. The graphics seemed kind of blah and the story line wasn't that great either. I think that I have been spoiled with some of the other games and now I expect more out of my games lol Some may find it appealing and I wish them luck!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 30, 11 9:45 PM
I found this game a bit clumsy. Unfortunately, there are so many other games available; if there weren't then I might consider buying this game. I liked the interaction, the music wasn't irritating, but the game is not as clever as other adventure hidden object games, that it just didn't appeal to me.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 30, 11 11:13 PM
I'd had enough of this game after 15 minutes so I came to check the forums and saw so many positive reviews that I gave it another try... and lasted 6 more minutes.

I'm okay with the junk pile stuff, as long as I get a "useful" item out of it so that isn't a problem for me... but I do have a problem when I MUST use a garden rake to move 6 leaves out of the way to get an inventory item. I do have a problem with stopping to rifle through a junk pile and solving a puzzle and walking through a door to find the story picks up exactally where it was 5 minutes ago. I guess this is just my pet peeve... did the FBI guy, once he became unresponsive, really wait for me to come through a door so he could walk off again? And seriously... if I hear gun shots, my first response is NOT "I have to get in there"... I understand she is a detective so maybe it's better but call for backup first or something? I know, it is just a game but there are so many games that do this well that finding one that doesn't is even more annoying.

Okay, sorry for the rant... this is why I generally don't buy "real time" story lines and usually go with the "10 years later I'm going to find the TRUTH" explore "after the fact" games... but it seems that I am in the minority here so please, enjoy the game!

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on May 1, 11 10:28 AM
I am a HUGE fan of VOGAT. Thus said, I was disappointed in the new game. I even wondered if I misunderstood the logo and I was not in one of their games . Maybe it was just me and I was not in the right mood at the time. After reading the mixed reviews - mostly positive - I shall go back to the game tomorrow and see if I can get more involved. Like I said, the others I loved so I hope this one works out too!!. safarinow

carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by carolpin on May 1, 11 7:03 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Had all the elements I love. Mini games were unique and varied. Well worth the cost. Took me about 6+ hours; but I do tend to dawdle and take it my time. A good game.... I am in no rush to finish. I thought this was better than Reincarnation, just because the story line was a tad more warped. Do love Vogat games!

collerton
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by collerton on May 1, 11 7:41 PM
Really not up to Vogat's usual standards! I really wait for their games, but this one is a no buy.

collerton
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Really not up to Vogat's usual standards! I really wait for their games, but this one is a no buy.

collerton
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on May 2, 11 2:56 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
meanbusiness wrote:I truly thought this might be a good game. Storyline sounded great and graphics looked good. Then I hit the first hidden object scene. Now mind you, sister has disappeared and couple is going to investigate. There is a hint of ritual involvement, but no solid evidence. So what do we find that might give us a clue? No less than a coin yarn, arrow, bread, letter A, tweezers, deer, soccer ball, heart frame, dice and a feather........ Just the evidence I need to start investigating a crime. Total junk pile. I am really getting tired of HdOs that just add lists of stuff that have nothing to do with the story. I am sorry but I am deleting. Probably could have been a good game. However, I do not need a piece of bread or an arrow to solve a crime.........

Aren't hidden object scenes in most games full of things unnecessary to the storyline? Apart from FROG's, where you search for parts of the items you need, every one I've played only has one item you actually use in the story. It wouldn't be a hidden object game if there was only one object to find, it would be an adventure game.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on May 3, 11 7:24 AM
Great game.The longer I played it,the more I liked it. For me,it was a long game.I am pretty sure there will be a sequel.Hope it's soon.

mlk2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Wasted My Thottled Download Time For This Loser

[Post New]by mlk2 on May 3, 11 8:11 PM
Deleted after 13 minutes...poor presentation, uninteresting story and bad intuitive gameplay.

Voget usually does better than this...

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 3, 11 8:54 PM
I passed over this game after the demo... but in desperation to play a new game got it a few hours ago with my punch card rewards ...
I'M LUVIN' It ..thought I must have been just about finished but checked the walk through and seems I have a least another hours game play...as I'm only up to the roof.
So if (like me) you havent been happy with the past few days dead clunkers of games, namely Hildegard and Alice then I recommend you try this gem from Vogat

sno13wy
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by sno13wy on May 4, 11 1:49 PM
I loved this game...very long which is a plus...felt more like a collector's
edition. very well done Fishies.

VickyAlice139
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,186 Posts

[Post New]by VickyAlice139 on May 6, 11 2:26 AM
I loved this game! Yes it is sort of simple but still good. Loved the HOG scenes not to hard and not to easy. Another thing this game has is a quick refill hint button!

Great buy!

Go to: